Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently the Panthers are looking to offload Idris, and might be willing to pay part of his salary to do so.. Potential? He's still young enough to be a great player for a few years, and we've got Corvo to hopefully get him down to the weight he'd need, he's a big upgrade on Reed when he's 100%

No.

Besides, he left titans to be closer to his mother. He won't leave her again

Last edited:
We don't want or need Idris but he has to stay in Sydney to be close to his family anyway.

Thanks for your contribution to the discussion, care to elaborate? From my point of view he's a couple of years younger than Reed, is a far better attacking weapon at his peak, and has more upside for the future if he can get healthy and down to a reasonable weight, to which our elite training staff would greatly contribute. Not to mention we'd be getting him at a basement level contract because of his recent injury history and poor form.

Not sure what the downside would be if we could snag him for cheap, apart from maybe lessening the potential of Copley making the first grade side in the future.. who hasn't done a single thing this year to show he's going to be a consistent first grader.

Idris has been pretty bog average for most of his career, don't want him at all. Copley and Kahu are much better.

Overrated, fat and lazy.

And since he was unhappy at Titans because of being away from his mother.. I don't see how that would change now.

Don't care how cheap he will be. Let's sign someone that deserves to play for us and will give us 110%. Bennett can't help everyone.

Better? Or is that not long enough?

Last edited:
I see Idris in the same light as Dave Taylor. The massive hype and dollars thrown at them early in their careers makes everybody compare them to an unrealistic benchmark. Idris is not the best centre in the game, but he is a quality first grader and if there ever comes a time when he can be picked up for less than double the minimum top 25 wage I'd happily have him here. That time won't be next year though - the Sharks would bid him up well past that range.

Idris hasn't been a quality first grader for a few years. At least Dave Taylor has had a couple of good games in the last few years.

Overrated, fat and lazy.

And since he was unhappy at Titans because of being away from his mother.. I don't see how that would change now.

Don't care how cheap he will be. Let's sign someone that deserves to play for us and will give us 110%. Bennett can't help everyone.

Better? Or is that not long enough?

I've already agreed with the first statement, so I'm not sure how that's part of your argument, Adam Blair was fat and lazy at the Tigers and now look at him, one of our most important players. I don't see any reason Bennett couldn't do the same thing with someone else.

Apparently the Panthers are looking to offload Idris, and might be willing to pay part of his salary to do so.. Potential? He's still young enough to be a great player for a few years, and we've got Corvo to hopefully get him down to the weight he'd need, he's a big upgrade on Reed when he's 100%

Off field drama, follow Idris around like a bad smell.

This guy has major problems.

I wouldn't want him at the Broncos, even if the Panthers paid his entire salary.

I've already agreed with the first statement, so I'm not sure how that's part of your argument, Adam Blair was fat and lazy at the Tigers and now look at him, one of our most important players. I don't see any reason Bennett couldn't do the same thing with someone else.

Blair clearly thrives in structure. The Tigers were never going to be a good fit IMO.

Fair enough boys, all valid points. I'm just looking for an excuse to sign somebody. I miss the rush.

"BREAKING NEWS: The Brisbane Broncos have announced the signing of ___________ for the 2016 season"

To be honest I find Blair's problem at the Tiger's more related to how he was utilised rather then his fitness or work ethic, Bennett has given him a specific role in the side that definitely suits him more then the role he was playing at the Tigers, where they were expecting him to be a player he wasn't. As much as I rate Bennett even he knows there are limitations to what the coaching staff can do to address player's issues. A player has to have the mental toughness and desire to improve. The warning signs are there over Idris, 3 different clubs and if it's true the Panthers are looking to unload him then that are two clubs that haven't exactly lost sleep over it, there will be other sydney clubs who will be looking at him who would be willing to pay more and given the reason he gave to get a release from the Titans I don't see him leaving there.

Broncos prop signs with Warrington - NRL.com

Looks like Dodds is off at the end of the year, surprising someone would want to leave the Broncos on the precipice of starting something amazing. He says he'd like to come back but I don't see that happening unless we dno't do a good job recruiting front rowers in the next 2 seasons.

Fair enough boys, all valid points. I'm just looking for an excuse to sign somebody. I miss the rush.

"BREAKING NEWS: The Brisbane Broncos have announced the signing of ___________ for the 2016 season"

How about we "leak" a BS rumour to the media about us trying to sign Farah... That little boost those rumours give Macca could be handy for the remainder of the season :takdir:

How about we "leak" a BS rumour to the media about us trying to sign Farah... That little boost those rumours give Macca could be handy for the remainder of the season :takdir:

Someone bring out the fake "Breaking News" picture from Channel 9 news :lol:

I can only really see about 20 players signed for next year that would definitely be on top 25 contracts so there's plenty of opportunity to sign someone. Otherwise the final 5 spots would probably come from NYC players, though that would be a lot to bring through in one year.

Blair has shown desire and commitment in the past, Idris has never shown either. Not shore why you would even consider him. I see no upside at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • broncsgoat
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.