Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah the only position where we could sign someone that would genuinely be a starter for us is probably Centre / Wing. We're pretty much set in the forwards at the moment. The ONLY scenario in which Burgess could be a realistic option next season is if we win the premiership this year and Parker decides to hang up the boots on a high note. We could probably afford to keep Thaiday, as long as most of his money is 3rd party. Gains: Carlin Anderson, Sam Burgess Losses: Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Mitchell Dodds, Daniel Vidot, David Stagg, Ashley Taylor, Matt Parcell, Jayden Nikorima 1. Boyd 2. Oates / Anderson 3. Reed 4. Kahu 5. Maranta / Anderson 6. Milford 7. Hunt (c) 8. McGuire 9. McCullough 10. Burgess 11. Glenn 12. Gillett 13. Blair 14. Ofahengaue 15. Gavet 16. Thaiday 17. Nikorima

Would you take Sandor Earl?

Would you take Sandor Earl?

Interesting question, yeah I probably would honestly, he had a pretty good strike rate as a winger at the Raiders and had some decent pace, still in his prime. You hear something about him, or just a random question?

I'd take Sandor for depth but I'd prefer Carlin gets first bite, I think he's proved himself in the ISC this year as a star in the making and you just know if he doesn't get a shot here, he'll go to Melbourne or somewhere similar and kill it.

Someone posted over at LU in the rumours topic saying possible Parker to Super League. Anyone here ( who are a lot more reliable ) heard anything? Is this a chance? He is 33 now, will be 34 early next year, and seriously next year would most likely be his last with us considering he turns 34 in May. Also when you consider we have Oates, Thaiday, Glenn, and Gillett, plus the likes of Arrow, Fai, Barr etc coming through we are probably in our best position to cope for live after Parker much in the same way as life after Hodges.

Yeah the only position where we could sign someone that would genuinely be a starter for us is probably Centre / Wing. We're pretty much set in the forwards at the moment.

The ONLY scenario in which Burgess could be a realistic option next season is if we win the premiership this year and Parker decides to hang up the boots on a high note. We could probably afford to keep Thaiday, as long as most of his money is 3rd party.

Gains: Carlin Anderson, Sam Burgess
Losses: Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Mitchell Dodds, Daniel Vidot, David Stagg, Ashley Taylor, Matt Parcell, Jayden Nikorima

1. Boyd
2. Oates / Anderson
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta / Anderson
6. Milford
7. Hunt (c)
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Burgess
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Blair

14. Ofahengaue
15. Gavet
16. Thaiday
17. Nikorima

Why wing and centre? We have Reed, Copely and Kahu who can all play centre, and Oates, Maranta, and Anderson who can all play wing. We are hardly in need there.

Don't rate Sandor "Peptide" Earl.

Someone posted over at LU in the rumours topic saying possible Parker to Super League. Anyone here ( who are a lot more reliable ) heard anything? Is this a chance? He is 33 now, will be 34 early next year, and seriously next year would most likely be his last with us considering he turns 34 in May. Also when you consider we have Oates, Thaiday, Glenn, and Gillett, plus the likes of Arrow, Fai, Barr etc coming through we are probably in our best position to cope for live after Parker much in the same way as life after Hodges.

Didn't he just negotiate a new deal recently ?

Maybe we should try to lure Holmes to the club.

He grew up supporting the Broncos.

Maybe we should try to lure Holmes to the club.

He grew up supporting the Broncos.

Holmes would be a great get. Daresay the Sharks would fight hard to keep him if/when he comes off contract. Still, he's got many years left in him. You never know.

Apparently there is a big announcement on the footy show tonight regarding a Broncos player. I'm guessing it's Sam signing a new contract....

Apparently there is a big announcement on the footy show tonight regarding a Broncos player. I'm guessing it's Sam signing a new contract....

Where abouts you read / hear that? That'd be my guess as well though.

Footy Show on Facebook:

Brisbane Broncos fans: TONIGHT, we've got a BIG announcement regarding a star player... Make sure you're watching the ‪#‎NRLFootyShow‬ at 8.30pm! ‪#‎BronxNation‬

Wally Lewis will be making the announcement.. the obvious one is probably Sam Thaiday re-signing.

Sam Thaiday has signed a new 3 year deal.

Vidot trialling for a WWE contract apparently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • winslow_wong
  • Dreaglor
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Waynesaurus
  • Aldo
  • Lurker
  • Stix
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.