Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@balym_GCB: @ReadingThePlay but GI will be in Bris...

Anyone else see this today. Tongue in cheek or fair dinkum?

@balym_GCB: @ReadingThePlay but GI will be in Bris...

Anyone else see this today. Tongue in cheek or fair dinkum?

I'm going to take it as tongue in cheek..

I'm pretty sure Balym was one of the people saying that GI is not coming to the Broncos. Or was that Garry?

I'm going to take it as tongue in cheek..

I'm pretty sure Balym was one of the people saying that GI is not coming to the Broncos. Or was that Garry?

I am pretty sure Courier Mail has been running with the view that he won't be coming to the Broncos next year, but possibly the year after.

But I am not to sure.

You never know, rumours of discontent with how hard Macguire is pushing players maybe GI being overworked causing chronic knee problems. Hopefully he wants to leave

I hate not having a signing for next season, in years gone by we've had Barba (When we thought he was good) & Milford to look forward to for the next season, this year we've got nobody to look forward to! I suppose it's acceptable because we're playing so good, but still.. just sign someone FFS!

I hate not having a signing for next season, in years gone by we've had Barba (When we thought he was good) & Milford to look forward to for the next season, this year we've got nobody to look forward to! I suppose it's acceptable because we're playing so good, but still.. just sign someone FFS!

I'm looking forward to see what juniors step up, but for me, a player like Gavet is just as good as a new signing!

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Kahu
4. Reed
5. Oates
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McC
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Gavet
16. Joe O
17. Gillett

Damn. I don't think this will happen in a million years, but that is a deadly team. Even Bennett would be up and about if he saw all these guys kneeling in front of him on the training paddock.

We have more awesomeness to look forward to. Better than some signing.

Can look forward to McGuire being back and hopefully Anderson stepping up.

I'm really looking forward to seeing whether Gavet is going to be our 'intimidator' or not.

I was really disappointed when he went down injured this year, so hopefully he has a big year for us next year.

The lack of a marquee signing wasn't through a lack of trying. Brisbane went after Trent Merrin and Dane Gagai only for both of them to knock the Broncos back.

Even so, Bennett isn't usually one to make too many signings. Once he's got the roster he wants, he tends to stick by them and develop from within. Every now and then he'll throw his name into the hat to try and lure somebody up here (eg. Brett Kimmorley, Phil Graham etc.). If he gets them, that's great but he usually has an option B and C lined up so it's never the end of the world if they miss out.

Heading into next season, I doubt we'll see any marquee signings, but I believe you'll see a few handy second tier and reserve grade signings. I think the NRL really underrates blue chip investments and a lot of teams would be better off if they signed more players from other Qld Cup, NSW Cup and NYC sides.

Sneaky grab for Sam Burgess would be nice.

might see Arrow being developed for a future first grade spot

Last edited:
Come on mate, we don't have the Roosters' salary cap!

Let go of Wallace, Dodds, Vidot and Stagg retiring could free up enough to offer him something

Do we really need to sign someone?

I know some think we need another front rower, why? McGuire, Blair and Thaiday fill the roll nicely. Gavet to return, Joe Ofahengaue is coming along nicely and then there is Molo.

Would be great to see Anderson on the wing. We could get one more season out of Oates on the wing, even if he isn't there it'll give us a monster bench out of Oates, Gavet, Ofahengaue, Gillett, Thaiday or Molo to partner Nikorima. I just can't see the need to sign anyone that would demand straight into our 17.

Yeah the only position where we could sign someone that would genuinely be a starter for us is probably Centre / Wing. We're pretty much set in the forwards at the moment.

The ONLY scenario in which Burgess could be a realistic option next season is if we win the premiership this year and Parker decides to hang up the boots on a high note. We could probably afford to keep Thaiday, as long as most of his money is 3rd party.

Gains: Carlin Anderson, Sam Burgess
Losses: Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Mitchell Dodds, Daniel Vidot, David Stagg, Ashley Taylor, Matt Parcell, Jayden Nikorima

1. Boyd
2. Oates / Anderson
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta / Anderson
6. Milford
7. Hunt (c)
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Burgess
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Blair

14. Ofahengaue
15. Gavet
16. Thaiday
17. Nikorima

Yeah the only position where we could sign someone that would genuinely be a starter for us is probably Centre / Wing. We're pretty much set in the forwards at the moment.

The ONLY scenario in which Burgess could be a realistic option next season is if we win the premiership this year and Parker decides to hang up the boots on a high note. We could probably afford to keep Thaiday, as long as most of his money is 3rd party.

Gains: Carlin Anderson, Sam Burgess
Losses: Justin Hodges, Corey Parker, Mitchell Dodds, Daniel Vidot, David Stagg, Ashley Taylor, Matt Parcell, Jayden Nikorima

1. Boyd
2. Oates / Anderson
3. Reed
4. Kahu
5. Maranta / Anderson
6. Milford
7. Hunt (c)
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Burgess
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Blair

14. Ofahengaue
15. Gavet
16. Thaiday
17. Nikorima

giphy.gif

Its going to be interesting to see if the interchange reduction and shot clock has an effect on the teams with really big packs next year, our smaller mobile pack with an up tempo gameplan may be an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Aldo
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • mrslong
  • winslow_wong
  • Evander
  • Johnny92
  • Dexter
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • NYCDB
  • Fatboy
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.