Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it looks like Inglis has said there's no chance of him ever coming to the Broncos in the courier mail. Unless it's NQ. I couldn't access the courier mail because they want you to subscribe but that's what i got out of the headlines...

Also it looks like Inglis has said there's no chance of him ever coming to the Broncos in the courier mail. Unless it's NQ. I couldn't access the courier mail because they want you to subscribe but that's what i got out of the headlines...

Inglis is contracted to Souths until the end of 2017 and it was suggested he would look to finish his career at the Broncos after buying a home in Brisbane last year.

The Test flyer has a history with Brisbane, having reneged on a handshake deal with the club in 2010.

But Gainey said Inglis won’t be a Bronco, claiming his best hope of a move north is if the NRL expands with a fourth Queensland team.

“I’ll be honest, the Broncos couldn’t afford Greg and he has no intention of going there,” he said.

“I haven’t had any talks with the Broncos.

“If a new Queensland team came in and they made Greg a massive offer to be their marquee player, he might consider it.

“But Greg won’t be going to the Broncos. His parents are currently living in that house (in Brisbane) but he and (wife) Sally bought it as an investment property ... Greg has bought another property in Sydney as well.”

Source: Greg Inglis rules out Broncos move, plans to finish career in NRL with Rabbitohs

ProTip: Replace 'couriermail.com.au' with 'news.com.au' in the URL and it will work.

I'd prefer Ben Teo TBH. Or Marty Taupau ...

Thaiday 'over' Broncos contract talks

Despite months of talks Sam Thaiday says he is no closer to finalising a new NRL deal with Brisbane, admitting he is "over it".

"I would just like to get it done," Thaiday told AAP.

"With Paul (White) being sick, it doesn't overly help.

"And I am still trying to get some third party things approved by the NRL.

"It's been an ongoing thing for a long time. You just kind of get over it."

Sounds like the NRL auditor might be one of the stumbling blocks? Roosters player? Yeah, three free cars from the guy that owns the club is for sure a legit 3rd party deal! Broncos player - are you sure that your hardworking & high profile ambassadorial role with Indigenous Health groups isn't just a bogus role to get around the cap?

Anderson is one isn't he?

Maybe but that would be odd given he trained with the squad during the pre-season.

I'm happy for Sam to stay and become a one-club man.

He's lifted greatly this year in the absence of Moose and is a huge part of our success this season.

I'd be extremely happy for him to stay ...

But I'd start him off the bench. It would add some experience and impact to our bench.

8. Blair
10. McGuire
14. Thaiday

I'd be extremely happy for him to stay ...

But I'd start him off the bench. It would add some experience and impact to our bench.

8. Blair
10. McGuire
14. Thaiday

If Gavet can play to his potential next year, both he and Thaiday could be a great backup to our starting props.

Someone posted a while back that Bennett rates some NSW cup player that's currently in the Penrith(?) system. Could be one of them

Someone posted a while back that Bennett rates some NSW cup player that's currently in the Penrith(?) system. Could be one of them

Apparently it's a bloke named Sam Scarlett. I don't know a lot about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.