Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Doddsy. I really hope he stays but given that I'm sure he can earn more elsewhere and his injury history most likely limiting his remaining years in the game completely understand if he leaves and wish him all the best.

Give the guy a break, sounds like the Broncos are moving on from him and not giving him a lot of choice.

We don't have a rooster of 50, some players need to make way for the younger guys to get a crack.

I fixed that typo for you.

What a prick eh?:

TWB100211bronc02_t620.jpg

Please stay Roy!

Given the average length of a players career, I'm not fussed about players chasing coin. Unless they're being really mercenary about it. Dodds doesn't owe this club anything IMO.

Given the average length of a players career, I'm not fussed about players chasing coin. Unless they're being really mercenary about it. Dodds doesn't owe this club anything IMO.

If anything Dodds has been a good servant. He's never put anything close to a dent in our salary cap, and besides his injuries he's always put his head down, worked hard, and never complained when he's had to play half a season for Wynnum.

+1 in Doddsy defense. The bloke may not be a hit-up king, but he works hard, tackles hard and does the 1%'s that make all the difference to the team.
I hope we find a spot for him with a deserving salary to go with it.

I'd much rather keep him than Wallace tbh...

I'd much rather keep him than Wallace tbh...

I can't agree with that, for mine Wallace easily offers more than Dodds.

I have nothing against Dodds I just don't think he offers anything, he will never be good enough to be in the run on side and off the bench he doesn't really inject anything into the side, he doesn't carry us forward, he just fills a spot and tackles until its time to come off.

give him gavets coin

I can't agree with that, for mine Wallace easily offers more than Dodds. I have nothing against Dodds I just don't think he offers anything, he will never be good enough to be in the run on side and off the bench he doesn't really inject anything into the side, he doesn't carry us forward, he just fills a spot and tackles until its time to come off.

It's the 1% efforts he puts in that no one sees. Much the same as Blair.
His physicality in defence is seriously underrated by a number of fans. Watch him closely in defence tomorrow night.... He is close to the best technical defender in the comp. He hits so so hard and Wayne loves it.

It's the 1% efforts he puts in that no one sees. Much the same as Blair.
His physicality in defence is seriously underrated by a number of fans. Watch him closely in defence tomorrow night.... He is close to the best technical defender in the comp. He hits so so hard and Wayne loves it.

Bang on.

give him gavets coin

Why? Gavet was a beast for the Tigers last year, we'd be stupid to move him on before giving him a chance to show us what he can do.

Was just said on the Titans u20s game, that Max Elliot is on his way to the Broncos

Stagg retiring at the end of the year. Champion.

David Stagg to retire at end of NRL season

DAVID Stagg was already the last of a dying breed and now that he’s retiring, the 90kg lock forward is probably extinct.
Stagg, the premiership-winning personification of hard work, is calling time at season’s end.
“I have had a few injuries in the last two years, knees, shoulders, ankles and all the rest,” Stagg said.
“My body has told me many times it needs to stop.”
Stagg has tackled men at least 10kg heavier than him his entire 205 game, 13 season, career for the Brisbane Broncos and Canterbury Bulldogs and one State of Origin game for Queensland.
He played in the centres too, performing well in the Broncos’ run to the 2006 premiership when Justin Hodges moved to fullback. Even in the centres, Stagg often played outside his weight division.

In 2004, he set an NRL record for tackles in a game with 64, a mark only equalled this year when Andrew McCullough reached the same figure.
He played in the forwards at 90kg for the majority of his career before being forced to bulk up to keep pace.
Lock is now a position now dominated by 115kg Jason Taumalolo and 103kg Corey Parker.
“That’s how the game is going. I often say that I should have played 10 years ago, when the game suited my style,” Stagg said.
“I have had to put weight on over the years to try and adapt but I have always been a lightweight out there and that has taken its toll on the body but I wouldn’t change anything.

“I have never been the bloke to win a game, or score a spectacular try. I am regular guy just doing my best.”
Stagg, 31, considers himself one of the lucky ones. He has an engineering degree and has been working one day a week at a civil engineering firm in Brisbane since he returned to the Broncos for the 2013 season.

His transition into post-career life won’t be seamless but it will be easier than most and he will continue playing this season with Wynnum-Manly who are finals bound.
“I have known in my head for a while this would happen,” Stagg said.
“I was close to finishing up last year but I wanted to go out playing football rather than being injured.
“I am looking forward to the next stage of my life.
“Winning that premiership in ‘06, playing in the grand final with the Bulldogs in 2012 and playing Origin and winning player of the year for the Bulldogs in 2009 are all the things that stick out to me.
“It will still be a big change, going from what I have been doing since school to a new life.
“One thing that has kept me going in the last three years through all my injuries is the mateship.
“I point that out to the younger guys that you don’t know what you have until it is gone.”

Strikes me as being one of the nicest guys in the NRL.

I wish him all the best for life after footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.