Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vidot to the Qld Reds in 2016 according to Dobbo.

Guess the Bulldogs thought better of it.

Hasn't Dobbo linked Vidot to every club both here and overseas... He has no idea.

Today's courier mail suggests Dodds is looking overseas for his next contact...Maybe he's on the outta with Bennett.

Today's courier mail suggests Dodds is looking overseas for his next contact...Maybe he's on the outta with Bennett.

Yeah read that earlier myself in an article about the Broncos close to signing 13 of it's players off contract.

Maybe reading too much into that, for a player like Dodds the opportunity to earn more money is possible overseas and there are younger forwards coming through who you can argue will most likely will occupy he's bench position. He's young, can go over earn some good money he probably otherwise wouldn't and come back and still be able to play in the NRL.

Last edited:
He's 26 or so and he's only going to be a benchie over here as much as I like the guy, if the money is available, go set yourself up son.

Did I read that Glenn is 27??? Can't be true. I'm pretty sure we were only in the NYC GF about 4 years ago and therefore Glenn's only in his 3rd year of NRL. That's what it feels like anyway.

Ben Hunt won the Toyota Cup Under 20's competition in 2008 Player of the Year and that same year I believe Glenn captained the side? He was born in 1988 so 27 sounds about right.

Last edited:
Ben Hunt won the Toyota Cup Under 20's competition in 2008 Player of the Year and that same year I believe Glenn captained the side? He was born in 1988 so 27 sounds about right.

Yeah I know. Maths says that 27 is correct. But the same way it still feels like the Morris twins should be 23 years old, Glenn at 27 was just a shock.

Dodds --> Super League apparently

Dodds considers switching NRL for Super League | NRL | Zero Tackle

Amid a flurry of activity in player retention at the Broncos, off-contract Mitchell Dodds has commissioned contract talks with two English teams.
Dodds, who has played 13 games and become a dependable figure off the bench for the Broncos this year, admits he is considering his options for 2016.

A lack of progress in his talks with his club of seven years and their re-signing of fellow NRL side benchman Joe Ofahengaue and younger props Francis Molo and George Fai leads him to “have a look around’’.
“You have to keep your options open — I’m trying to work through some things and see where I go,’’ Dodds, 26, said.

Dodds considers switching NRL for Super League | NRL | Zero Tackle

Amid a flurry of activity in player retention at the Broncos, off-contract Mitchell Dodds has commissioned contract talks with two English teams.
Dodds, who has played 13 games and become a dependable figure off the bench for the Broncos this year, admits he is considering his options for 2016.

A lack of progress in his talks with his club of seven years and their re-signing of fellow NRL side benchman Joe Ofahengaue and younger props Francis Molo and George Fai leads him to “have a look around’’.
“You have to keep your options open — I’m trying to work through some things and see where I go,’’ Dodds, 26, said.

So the club sticks with him through all of his many injury troubles and he decides to up and leave?

Sounds a lot like Hoffman. There's the door, ****.

So the club sticks with him through all of his many injury troubles and he decides to up and leave?

It doesn't sound like the club is too interested in keeping him ... At least they won't be all that concerned if he leaves.

Give the guy a break, sounds like the Broncos are moving on from him and not giving him a lot of choice.

We don't have a roster of 50, some players need to make way for the younger guys to get a crack.

So the club sticks with him through all of his many injury troubles and he decides to up and leave? Sounds a lot like Hoffman. There's the door, ****.

That's a bit harsh! Broncos are keen to keep him, but the offer is low to fit him under the cap. Doddsy is at a stage in his career where he stays and gets paid minimum or leaves and makes good money elsewhere. Hardly being a c### as you put it! He is 26 so he only has 5 years left in the game.

I think we are actually a good chance of keeping him. If ever there was a bloke who is the opposite of a c***, it's Mitchell Dodds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Old Mate
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.