Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TripleM_NRL: It appears the Manly Sea Eagles have won the race to sign Broncos youngster Matt Parcell.

Is this official yet? Seems to be doing the rounds but not reported by anyone reputable.

A shame if true, but probably an astute career move.

Last edited:
It's a three year deal, new coach with Barrett, Cartwright and Anthony Seibold, no Ballin, and a chance to play with Myles and DCE. Pretty awesome opportunity.

He will be with the Jets for the rest of the year.

Ah well. Dissapointed, but all the best to him. Got to take the opportunity when it presents itself. Hopefully the brothers Nikorima kick on.

It's a three year deal, new coach with Barrett, Cartwright and Anthony Seibold, no Ballin, and a chance to play with Myles and DCE. Pretty awesome opportunity.

He will be with the Jets for the rest of the year.

Yeah, chance to be coached by a complete unknown and play with an overrated, selfish prick and a decent prop at the back end of his career. Pretty awesome opportunity.

Certianly a much better opportunity than to play under arguably the greatest ever coach and a chance to play with hunt, milford, boyd, Parker, McGuire Etc etc.

From what I hear, they rate Koroisau as a Five-Eighth, and would prefer to keep Lyon in the centres.

1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Hiku
6. Koroisau
7. Cherry-Evans
9. Parcell

Ah. I thought Matai was headed to NZ but I see he has been signed until 2017. Maybe Manly next year won't be as bad as I thought.

Just to be clear, I don't care that he is gone as I have stated previously that I prefer the nikorimi for the bench hooker role, I just thought it was a truly bizarre thing to say."ohhhh Nate myles, what an opportunity"

Fucking heartbreaking. Ah well, all aboard the Nikorima train!!!

This will be Manly's recruitment strategy for the next decade;

Find an up-and-coming talent who is unable to lock down a starting spot at their current club and is desperate for a chance, promise them the starting spot they desire and sign them up on a mid-to-long-term deal at the lowest price possible. When contract is up for renewal and player has earned an upgrade just show them the door as there's not enough cash for that. Rinse, repeat.

Obviously there's nothing really wrong with recruiting that way (and I don't really know what I'm talking about) but surely there will be a flow on effect from the DCE signing that could be very damaging to the future of Manly? Put it this way, I'm very curious to see how Manly will be faring in another 3 years time...

Oh and yes, I am a little dirty that we've lost Parcell so soon. Would've loved to see him stick around with us for at least one more year as he's already proved he'd make a perfect replacement for Macca should injury strike. As good as Kodi is I just don't think he's a full-time hooker.

Last edited:
Well, this is what happens when both your first-grade side and your NYC team are going awesome, every vulture team or team who have stuffed up their future or present will come in and take what you have worked hard to build. Of course, we haven't developed Parcell but we sure have with Taylor.

Yeah, chance to be coached by a complete unknown and play with an overrated, selfish prick and a decent prop at the back end of his career. Pretty awesome opportunity.

Certianly a much better opportunity than to play under arguably the greatest ever coach and a chance to play with hunt, milford, boyd, Parker, McGuire Etc etc.

Are those his two options? I didn't see him on Friday night but I saw him on Saturday playing for the Jets.

Where did he play for the Broncos on Friday?

Are those his two options? I didn't see him on Friday night but I saw him on Saturday playing for the Jets.

Where did he play for the Broncos on Friday?

?

You said he couldn't play for the Broncos due to salary cap constraints, how was he supposed to play for the Broncos on Friday night..

?

You said he couldn't play for the Broncos due to salary cap constraints, how was he supposed to play for the Broncos on Friday night..

Exactly so one of his options isn't to play with Hunt, Milford and under Bennett so it's wrong to say it is.

Exactly so one of his options isn't to play with Hunt, Milford and under Bennett so it's wrong to say it is.

I think he was talking about in the long term mate.. not this weekend.. it's not like playing for Manly this weekend was one of his options either.

I think he was talking about in the long term mate.. not this weekend.. it's not like playing for Manly this weekend was one of his options either.

I know that but the problem isn't short term and just this weekend. Top 25 at another club and not having to deal with this makes it a bit more attractive.

I know that but the problem isn't short term and just this weekend. Top 25 at another club and not having to deal with this makes it a bit more attractive.

If we were to re-sign him, he'd clearly be in the top 25, but I get your point, he's probably get an easier run to first grade at Manly now that Ballin has been given the ass.

Well you cant keep them all, and it looks like choices have been made. So is it now likely that well keep both Nikorima bros? BTW it doesn't look like the layoff has done Kodi any harm. A cheeky try with his first touch, very reassuring.

If we were to re-sign him, he'd clearly be in the top 25, but I get your point, he's probably get an easier run to first grade at Manly now that Ballin has been given the ass.

Would he though? Or would Nikormia. With Parcell on the second tier? I doubt you'd have three hookers in your top 25.

Extra space in the second tier with Taylor leaving.

Would he though? Or would Nikormia. With Parcell on the second tier? I doubt you'd have three hookers in your top 25.

Extra space in the second tier with Taylor leaving.
Is Waddell in the top 25 or second tier?

Hey guys, did you know the Broncos had nothing to do with Parcell, ever. According to 1910 he has never even learned anything at the Broncos. Has he never been to a Broncos training session? It was all done at the Jets!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Muros
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Manofoneway
  • NSW stables
  • Wolfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Nightwatchman
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • mrtij
  • marw
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.