Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, did you know the Broncos had nothing to do with Parcell, ever. According to 1910 he has never even learned anything at the Broncos. Has he never been to a Broncos training session? It was all done at the Jets!

It would be funny if I didn't honestly think that the majority of people and yourself didn't believe that he walked through the door in December knowing nothing and since then everything has just happened in the last 7 months.

Local Jets junior, Colts and ISC for 66 games- so 15 years v 7 months.

But you're right; well thought out point of view.

That's a shame, hopefully KNik and JNik can keep developing though, and at least JNik might be next in line as a benchie if KNik gets injured.

It would be funny if I didn't honestly think that the majority of people and yourself didn't believe that he walked through the door in December knowing nothing and since then everything has just happened in the last 7 months.

Local Jets junior, Colts and ISC for 66 games- so 15 years v 7 months.

But you're right; well thought out point of view.

I most definitely don't think that. I also understand that others aren't aware of where Parcell learned his trade but I'm not going to belittle them with pretentious responses that we're all used to, coming from you.

I most definitely don't think that. I also understand that others aren't aware of where Parcell learned his trade but I'm not going to belittle them with pretentious responses that we're all used to, coming from you.

Culty and 1920 - fellas can we please not fight amongst ourselves over this. Look , we are all just as disappointed about loosing Matty, especially to a turd club such as the WOMANly eagles. I reckon the last thing Matty would want though is to know that hes decision to leave us has the potential to cause any friction between subscribers here at BHQ or put a wedge between friendships here on the board.

I think the only thing we can do right at this point in time is to wish him all the very best and hope that if it doesnt work out down there that he may reconsider joining us in the future when the time is right for him.

Still, am bloody gutted his gone. :sorry:

Culty and 1920 - fellas can we please not fight amongst ourselves over this. Look , we are all just as disappointed about loosing Matty, especially to a turd club such as the WOMANly eagles. I reckon the last thing Matty would want though is to know that hes decision to leave us has the potential to cause any friction between subscribers here at BHQ or put a wedge between friendships here on the board.

I think the only thing we can do right at this point in time is to wish him all the very best and hope that if it doesnt work out down there that he may reconsider joining us in the future when the time is right for him.

Still, am bloody gutted his gone. :sorry:

Very true. Matthew's number one concern is the interactions of posters on an unofficial fan site

One less obstacle in Jayden's path!

Very true. Matthew's number one concern is the interactions of posters on an unofficial fan site

It's actually in his KPIs and Wayne has told him to work on it. And before anyone gets their nose out of joint the Jets have been coaching his unofficial fan forum interaction skills for years, hence his ability to sense a gap, dart from dummy half and deftly drive a wedge between cult3 and 1910. It's a classic move and shows skills well beyond his years.

You'd think Parcell would be more worried about driving a wedge between Ipswich fans at JetsHQ.com because he has never had anything to do with the Broncos.

I spy a Schmix lurking.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...-next-generation/story-fnca0von-1227477912727

According to this article Alex Glenn & Jordan Kahu have been re-signed.

Contributing heavily to Hodges’ decision was the knowledge that by hanging up the boots with a year still to run on his contract would allow Brisbane to retain off-contract stars Jordan Kahu and Alex Glenn.

Both were the targets of rival organisations including Gold Coast, but have in recent weeks re-signed with the Broncos.

Hodges was also aware of the likelihood another season at the club may force another of the Broncos most exciting youngsters, Dale Copley, to seek opportunity elsewhere.

And after a chat last month with former captain Darren Lockyer and coach Wayne Bennett, his mind was made up.

Sounds like more Journos just writing what they think has happened without actually getting the facts...

Agreed, though the Titans are really becoming pains in the old proverbial. Develop your own talent you clowns.

Agreed, though the Titans are really becoming pains in the old proverbial. Develop your own talent you clowns.

That would be like asking the judiciary to be consistent, it's not going to happen.

Last edited:
No Broncos player signed beyond October 2017

There was a really interesting article in last weeks Courier Mail about the new NRL broadcast deal and how it could affect club salary caps and recruitment. Because of the uncertainties, the Broncos have not and will not sign any player beyond October 2017 until it is all sorted out.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl/clubs-to-lobby-for-tv-deal-cash-to-be-allocated-to-them-and-not-players/story-fnp0lyn6-1227479327734

The Broncos have prepared for this day.
The contracts of Brisbane’s entire roster, from juniors to the players about to extend in Alex Glenn, Jordan Kahu and Sam Thaiday, will end in October 2017.
The reason for Brisbane’s contracting decision is their dislike for what are known as “ratchet clauses”.
Brisbane watched several clubs get burned from the last television deal where star players signed long contracts that crossed into the new deal.
The contracts included percentage increases or ratchet clauses which created cap havocand clubs ended up fined for cap breaches.

Re: No Broncos player signed beyond October 2017

Why is this is in the Rumour Mill ?

Re: No Broncos player signed beyond October 2017

Because I'm not very computer savvy and can't work out how to move it :(

Merged here...

Interestingly, I was reading about the upcoming signings and seeing the "until 2017" everywhere. It concerned me that everyone was coming off contract in the same year - the same year that Bennett is signed until. That's a big worry - in that if Bennett does change his mind and decide to coach another club, our entire roster is ripe for the picking. And that's before we even consider that we'll potentially have an entire premiership-winning squad requiring re-signing simultaneously.

I'm glad now that I can see there is a deliberate purpose for this. But I hope the NRL get their shit together and start putting things like future salary cap values in concrete, and we can start signing players beyond 2017.

Merged here...

Interestingly, I was reading about the upcoming signings and seeing the "until 2017" everywhere. It concerned me that everyone was coming off contract in the same year - the same year that Bennett is signed until. That's a big worry - in that if Bennett does change his mind and decide to coach another club, our entire roster is ripe for the picking. And that's before we even consider that we'll potentially have an entire premiership-winning squad requiring re-signing simultaneously.

I'm glad now that I can see there is a deliberate purpose for this. But I hope the NRL get their shit together and start putting things like future salary cap values in concrete, and we can start signing players beyond 2017.

True. It makes very good business sense to do what they have done but it leaves the Broncos open to poaching by the leech clubs like the Titans and Roosters. I guess the Broncos must have lots of faith in their culture to believe that their players won't want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Painin the Haas
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • Aldo
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Old Mate
  • Wild Horse
  • Big Del
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • Gaz
  • theshed
  • broncotville
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Sproj
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.