Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviosly move hunt to hooker. Milf to fb. Darius to who the fk cares and vuala. We have room for the best two haves since hunt and milf.

Well there goes that strong Broncos defensive line that won us many games this year. We would have to win games 52-50. That would make us a better team? I don't think so at all.

We know that Ricky "Backrowers everywher" Stuart is the worst coach ever. So Bennett, being the best ever, should do the opposite. Ever played in the halves? You're in. Filled it at half due to injury? You're in. Left the club but are still playing? You're in. Made a tackle outside Thaiday while covering? You're definitely a half. I'm looking at you Eastwood.

01: Boyd
02: Kahu
03: Milford
04: Hodges
05: Hoffman
06: Jikorima
07: Taylor
08: Eastwood
09: Kikorima
10: Gillett
11: McCullough
12: Wallace
13: Ennis

We know that Ricky "Backrowers everywher" Stuart is the worst coach ever. So Bennett, being the best ever, should do the opposite. Ever played in the halves? You're in. Filled it at half due to injury? You're in. Left the club but are still playing? You're in. Made a tackle outside Thaiday while covering? You're definitely a half. I'm looking at you Eastwood.

Where's Stagg?

Here we go again

Sticky's record since 2004 is crap and everybody has legit reasons to criticise it and point out his faults, mistakes since then but I really don't think he can be 'the worst coach ever'. Wally Lewis, Terry Lamb, Stephen Kearney, Paul Langmack, Tommy Raudinokis, Mark Murray, Steve Price, Mick Cronin, Crag Coleman, Ron Hidlitch from the top of my head have coaching records so poor that they would give anything for Stuart's coaching record. I even think Stuart is far better than Neil Henry

Here we go again

Sticky's record since 2004 is crap and everybody has legit reasons to criticise it and point out his faults, mistakes since then but I really don't think he can be 'the worst coach ever'. Wally Lewis, Terry Lamb, Stephen Kearney, Paul Langmack, Tommy Raudinokis, Mark Murray, Steve Price, Mick Cronin, Crag Coleman, Ron Hidlitch from the top of my head have coaching records so poor that they would give anything for Stuart's coaching record. I even think Stuart is far better than Neil Henry

Probably. He did win this years SVRL outright too. But oh it's fun to sink the boot in.

Yeah I would like to see how Ricky would handle a side like the seagulls or the crushers, they make the roster's he has had at his disposal look like superstar's across the board.

Hodges also got the last laugh on the Fox Sports panel.Unsigned NRL great Willie Mason joked he was discussing a three-year deal with Bennett.Hodges refused to believe it.“If you’ve just signed a three-year deal than I’m about to sign a 10-year one,” Hodges said.

Look, this is just fantastic news, and proof the current system works. TPJ would be a handy acquisition.

We are so blessed to have such a great network of feeder clubs.

Last edited:
Slightly different news did Jon Green retire earlier in the season? Courier mail has an article about player movements and he's listed as retiring.

Caleb Timu is coming back to the club!

THE Brisbane Broncos have signed a Mormon Missionary once hailed as the next Gorden Tallis.

Former Queensland under-20s backrower Caleb Timu has been signed by the Broncos, the club he left in 2013 to honour his faith.

Timu has spent the past two years in the Cook Islands and New Zealand with a Bible and a push bike, spreading his faith.

A dynamic forward utility, Timu was the brightest prospect at the Broncos when he starred in their under-20s teams in 2012 and 2013.

A friend of fellow Missionary Will Hopoate, Timu shunned significant offers from Brisbane and rival NRL clubs to embark on his two year sojourn.

A try-scoring backrower, Timu is a genuine NRL star in the making but will need time to acclimatise to the NRL world.

He should receive an NRL debut during the State of Origin period when Brisbane will lose at least four forwards to the Maroons in Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker, Josh McGuire and Matt Gillett.

Broncos’ grand final prop Joe Ofahengaue essentially took Timu’s place in the club’s forward pecking order this year.

Timu, 21, recently attracted interest from rugby union, a code he represented Australia in, but ultimately wanted to return to Red Hill and make up for lost time at the Broncos.

Timu roared on to the national stage in 2012 when he scored two barnstorming tries to secure the Maroons under-18 team victory over New South Wales in a State of Origin curtain-raiser.

His rampaging runs in that game earned him the Tallis comparisons in a match where Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima were Queensland’s halves.

Any comparisons to Tallis are invalid now as it will take the Ipswich product at least a season to rediscover his power game.

Timu, signed for 2016, has kept in shape during his Mormon mission but lived without access to internet, television and competitive sport.

The success rate of Mormon Missionaries returning to rugby league has been mixed.

Will Hopoate resumed his State of Origin place on the Blues’ wing but his form at Parramatta hasn’t reached the heights many predicted before his Mission, when he was the highest-paid teenager in NRL history.

Former Titans star Jordan Rapana spent two years in the sporting wilderness following his Mission but has become a solid player at the Canberra Raiders in the last 18 months.

While Lagi Setu, who also left the Broncos to go on a Mission, has struggled to crack the NRL since he returned.

Hopoate was stationed in Brisbane for his two-year journey and had regular contact with Timu, helping him realise honouring his faith was the correct decision even though it cost him hundreds of thousands of dollars.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...xt-gorden-tallis/story-e6frg6n6-1227567950824

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosarethebest
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.