Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our synchronised avatars just reminded me that I need to update yours [MENTION=8311]Harry Sack[/MENTION]. Thoughts? Mine's going to have generous servings of oates.

Forget Burgess, when SBW wants to come back to league and play for the Roosters for a packet of chips and a half-eaten Mars bar, the NRL will raid their war chest and give him a million dollar top up. And we'll get some mealy-mouthed bullshit about how it is only there to help the NRL keep the best players in the best game and doesn't favour any particular club, which will be rotten stinking lie.

Our synchronised avatars just reminded me that I need to update yours @Harry Sack . Thoughts? Mine's going to have generous servings of oates.

Was just thinking about this the other day tbh. I'll have a think, but whoever takes over your avatar has some mighty big shoes to fill.

Was just thinking about this the other day tbh. I'll have a think, but whoever takes over your avatar has some mighty big shoes to fill.

It'll truly be the end of an era. Who knows, when the time comes I'll probably pussy out and refuse to believe that Hodgo has retired. "Lol jks boys, I want another shot at the GF. Now get your fucking hands off my #4".

Herman Ese'ese on his way home. Solid young player.

Ben Te’o’s NRL return with Broncos blocked by “Israel Folau rule”

Chris Garry The Courier-Mail

origin:video_integrator.A4ZHI2eDoR6vDQSeucr9sAvtXZcg9hHZ

THE “Israel Folau rule” will stop the Broncos from recruiting Ben Te’o.

The same rule that stopped Parramatta signing Folau would likely prevent any NRL club from buying Te’o back from rugby union.

The Broncos have not spoken to Te’o but like most clubs would consider him if he declared interest in resuming his NRL career.

However, the NRL’s notional value rules and the potential extension of Brisbane’s backrow crop means it is highly unlikely the hard-running backrower will end up at Red Hill.
South Sydney are actively trying to secure Te’o while the North Queensland Cowboys have also shown interest.
If Te’o decides to return to the NRL next season, an option he has told friends he is considering, he would only be available in late April.
v1

That means Te’o would be signing a six month contract for 2016, presenting a potential cap nightmare for the NRL and any club that signs him.

The NRL’s notional value rules cruelled the Eels’ attempts to sign Folau for the 2013 season. It was the first strike from the NRL in their attempts to stop cap manipulation through back ended contracts and third-party heavy deals.

The governing body is already on edge about Te’o’s return.

Te'o would be hot property if he decides to return to the NRL.Te’o, whose girlfriend now lives in Brisbane, is notionally a $400,000 a season signing but he is also not worth that much money for six months or in his first year back from playing for Irish rugby club Leinster.

This could present a dilemma for any NRL club trying to get a reduced deal approved by the NRL’s cap auditors.
The Cowboys were in talks to securing Te’o for the back half of this year but the NRL did not want to register a six month contract that would have allowed Te’o to return to Irish rugby.
The NRL once blocked Benji Marshall’s attempts to play Japanese rugby in the NRL off season because they don’t want their competition to be a halfway house.

The Broncos declined to comment on the Te’o situation but privately believe they are little chance of securing him.
Te’o played for Brisbane from 2009 to 2012 before signing with the South Sydney Rabbitohs and then starring in their premiership season of 2014.

Te’o is rugged defender and hard-line runner who possesses a deft off-load.
He has played well for Leinster but has told friends he is finding the lack of involvement in rugby union frustrating.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227569343229

Is this just another News ltd crap article. Like most of their garbage, no quotes from anyone in the NRL putting the brakes on any potential signing. Don't we have a new administration since the Folau fiasco which has said that they are open to bringing players from other codes back to the game.

It's OK for the rorters or Souths to do it, but not Brisbane. I'm shocked that the Cows are in talks to sign anybody of his calibre, must be a bit of spare change left over from the mining boom, that'll dry up soon though.

EDIT: It's disgusting that Parra weren't able to sign Folau: he's completely lost to the game because of it, and it's not like they were dominating like other clubs who manage to fit players on 2 million+ dollar salaries (SBW) into their already stacked cap.

Last edited:
Off contract end of 2016.

Parker
Copley
Maranta
Wallace
Gillett
Nikorima

It's OK for the rorters or Souths to do it, but not Brisbane. I'm shocked that the Cows are in talks to sign anybody of his calibre, must be a bit of spare change left over from the mining boom, that'll dry up soon though.

EDIT: It's disgusting that Parra weren't able to sign Folau: he's completely lost to the game because of it, and it's not like they were dominating like other clubs who manage to fit players on 2 million+ dollar salaries (SBW) into their already stacked cap.

Agree.

At the time, I actually agreed with the NRL's stance. Some of the things Parra were doing to bring Folau into the game seemed open to exploitation and would really undermine the intention of the salary cap. However in the cold light of day, the ARU is getting their money's worth out of Folau while the NRL continues to lose superstars and fans.

A better marquee system should have been put in place years ago when Union kept poaching players. $100K (which it was in 2012) was never going to be enough and I don't think 400K is much better.

I had no problems with the Eels not allowing to sign Folau. Regardless of whether a club is going about their squad well or poorly, the same rules should apply. A club that sucks at managing their roster and cap shouldn't get special treatment.

The NRL talked a big game about paying to get stars back, yet it's never happened and wont happen because of the perception it creates for other clubs.

I can't think of a single player who hasn't struggled to live up to the pre-moron mission form/promise. If he fails too, hopefully it'll be a lesson to all the other morons in the NRL.

Jordan Rapana is a BEAST.

Why can't you just allow every club one player outside the salary cap? Not every team can use it realistically but it would get the likes of Surgess, Jayne, Serena and Beto in the game or at least stop them from walking for financial reasons. Will never happen though, clubs and NRL management are too incompetent to make it work.

Herman Ese'ese on his way home. Solid young player.

Tidy. That's the kind of recruitment I like.

Young, has potential, some first grade experience and didn't look out of place. Price tag shouldn't have been too hefty.

Our forward depth has come a long way in the last year. Both Wallace and Ofahengaue stepped up admirably this year. If we can get similar results from Herman and Gavet steps up, we'll be looking very tidy in that department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • kwomo
  • jarro65
  • Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.