Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does that mean we're now stuck with Molo if Wallace or Offa get injured?

Awesome....

I'm hoping this means we sign Te'o.

I get a feeling that somethings brewing.

I would like to get a definitive answer on the Kennedy money as well.
Are we or are we not still paying him?
If so, and he is found guilty at this hearing coming up, surely that would free up our obligation to be paying him, not only for next year but this one as well?

Chris Garry expects the Broncos will announce a few player signings over the coming days. All of them are expected to be fringe players (Hurrell was playing Vulcans...could it be Hurrell? HURRELL! :laugh:) so it will be interesting to see who Bennett has in mind.

Blue chip signings are genuinely underrated in the game. A lot of clubs have benefited by either giving a player another shot (Moa, Green, Blair, Soliola etc.), picking up another team's trash (Tupou, Maloney, Koroibete, Waqa) or giving an overlooked talent a shot (Granville, Glasby, C. Thompson, Lawrence). I'm sure some of the signings will be known (Ese'ese) or heavily rumoured (Scarlett) but it will be nice to see them officially announced, especially if they are accompanied with a few surprises.

Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurrell
Hurell
Hurrell
Hurrell

you'd have to think bennett wasnt impressed by gavets commitment to return from injury for him to be let go so soon.

i cant imagine bennett wants to sign hurrell? hurrell seems like the laziest player in the NRL (or reserve grade). obviously bennett has a history of turning roughies into diamonds but this one seems a bit far fetched. i'd be excited if it happened though..

Yeah Hurrell is not a Bennett player.

Not yet...

If Bennett thinks he can work with Hurrell, he'd be an awesome pickup but I just don't see it happening.

Genuinely surprised and a bit disappointed to see Gavet gone, I really thought he could add some aggression to our pack next year but I guess he wanted to move on and from what we've seen from Bennett in the past, when a player wants to leave he lets them, which is the right thing to do. If someone doesn't want to be there, you don't want them in the team.

Announce Hurrell and surprise me, Mr Bennett.

Announce Hurrell and surprise me, Mr Bennett.

IF we were to get him, id be tempted to put hurrell on the left side outside milford. if anyone manages to get the best out of hurrell he will be unstoppable, and those two would wreak havoc.

I have my doubts on Hurrell.

You can't help everyone.

A shame, but not really earth-shattering departures either. Forwards aren't exactly an issue and Drew was a possibility in the backs but a long one at that.

I'd rather a gorilla up front than Hurrell, he's good but we're well stocked for backs already.

I'd rather a gorilla up front than Hurrell, he's good but we're well stocked for backs already.

this is true. a dominating forward pack + hunt and milf will win us the comp next year no matter who's in the outside backs. FACT :D

This is what Chris Garry said about Herman Ese'ese.

He may do pre-season but doubt he will be signed as such.

IF we were to get him, id be tempted to put hurrell on the left side outside milford. if anyone manages to get the best out of hurrell he will be unstoppable, and those two would wreak havoc.

That would be amazing! But defense would be an issue.....All for Hurrell, seems like a real character and nice bloke.

Forward depth would be the key. Te'o would be nice but really any signings will be depth/bench signings for next season. Surprised WB gave up on Gavet so quickly but better to cut your losses on a bloke particular after an ACL injury. Jordan Drew was just never going to make it.

On Ese'ese from Chris Garry.

He needs to get his head right first which is why he's returning to Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.