Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Ese'ese from Chris Garry. He needs to get his head right first which is why he's returning to Brisbane.

He comes with baggage.... Sydney didn't suit him. Will thrive back in Brisbane.

Drew was great in his only game of first grade.

Who is this drew Jordan guy?

with broncos losing hodges,stagg,gavet,drew,dodds, todd lowrie, ashley taylor, mitch garbutt, matt parcel, and jayden nikorima and finishing paying off barba and kennedy we are looking for a majour signing the players i think are

konrad hurrel
ben teo

who else do you think?

We're still paying for Barba and Kennedy.

Won't finish until the end of next year by the looks of it

with broncos losing hodges,stagg,gavet,drew,dodds, todd lowrie, ashley taylor, mitch garbutt, matt parcel, and jayden nikorima and finishing paying off barba and kennedy we are looking for a majour signing the players i think are

konrad hurrel
ben teo

who else do you think?

Hurrell is reportedly very lazy and actually on big money. I alsoread somewhere that the Warriors are not prepared to pay any of his salary if he gets a release, meaning we would have to pick up the entire tab. ....no thanks on all counts.

As much as i like T'eo ... Back row is not a problem area for us, we have plenty of depth there, so again no thanks to T'eo unless we can get him relatively cheap.

[MENTION=8536]Super Freak[/MENTION] surely with the way Kennedy was suspended surely neither us or the Roosters have to carry him on the cap any longer.

On Barba i read his contract at the Sharks was about 800k a year... So unless money from us is included in that reported 800k, we may not have to pay for him either

Te'o could push Glenn or Gillett into the middle. Gillett doesn't really do anything except tackle now anyway. Glenn is still kinda fat with pretty poor lateral movement in defence.

Te'o could do it too, he's done it for Souffs. But he'd be better than either of those guys on the edges too IMO (if he hasn't declined).

One dimensional player

Hardly, Drew just wasn't a standout because he played Under 20's like an NRL player and not like an NYC player. Meaning he was good at almost everything but just wasn't great. Also he was the Australian under 20's centre. I'm more disappointed about losing him than I was when we lost Taylor. Not as much as Jayden though.

Hurrell is reportedly very lazy and actually on big money. I alsoread somewhere that the Warriors are not prepared to pay any of his salary if he gets a release, meaning we would have to pick up the entire tab. ....no thanks on all counts.
They can say whatever they like, if they're intending on not playing him in 1st grade, then any "discount" is a smart business decision and they'll take it.

One dimensional player

Aye.

The writing was on the wall when Bennett seemingly distanced himself from him. Despite all the accolades, Drew couldn't win favour with the club and was always going to have to look elsewhere.

I'm surprised he's had to travel all the way down to Cronulla to get an opportunity. If Drew was desperate to play first grade, I'm surprised he didn't like up with Taylor on the Gold Coast. Both had a nice combination and the Titans could be caught short in the 3/4s if they decide to shift Roberts to fullback.

On Drew, I think he's a player who looked really good off the bat yet barely improved. Even this year, Drew was still coming up with some lazy reads and a lot of his tries didn't seem like they would translate into the NRL. I don't think many defenders will be troubled by Drew's ability to run in-field and power his way to the line. His size, strength and speed isn't that impressive.

I still wish him the best, but his departure was a long time in the making.

According to Market Watch on Fox Sports we have signed Darren Nicholls on a 1 year deal.

According to Market Watch on Fox Sports we have signed Darren Nicholls on a 1 year deal.

The bloke that got signed mid-season like year ago and then went to Souths this year?

That's not really what it said, just said he was coming back to Queensland, probably to play in the ISC again.

konrad hurrel
ben teo

who else do you think?

didn't you read last week's story - NRL will apparently put the kybosh on any attempt by the Broncos to Teo back from Union .... but a ticker tape parade and a myriad of salary cap concessions await Souths and Sammy Burgess

That's not really what it said, just said he was coming back to Queensland, probably to play in the ISC again.

Solid halves depth if true. Good 9s form last year (as in 2014 I think it was) and now with all the kids gone he'd be first choice just about if an injury happens. I was a bit bummed when he left but t was rating him as a genuine option before Milf came in at 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • OnToSomething
  • Yellowfella
  • scobie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.