Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caleb Timu is coming back to the club!

Interesting. Remains to be seen if he's contracted Flopoate Syndrome though.

If he's up to the task, that's great news. More big boppers is always handy.

Maybe this signals no Ben Teo. Imo they are close to the same type player along with Alex Glenn ...Of course Caleb has only played 20s though so a bit early to tell...

TBH I see him more as a replacement for David Stagg and Todd Lowrie just to up the depth on the cheapside, if we were to sign Te'o I don't really see this as having any real bearing on it, he's hardly going to be commanding the big bucks.

Hopefully he doesn't go full Hopoate and come back a potato.

It's nice to see Caleb back in the fold.

However, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up with him. As the record goes to show, players returning from their mission hardly have the best track record, and even before he left, Timu was showing signs that he wasn't going to make it. Sometimes when players have extradinary seasons at 17/18 year olds, people assume that it's a starting point. However, it appeared that it may have been the peak for Timu as he struggled to eliminate the schoolboy errors that plagued his game and roll up the sleeves when he needed to.

With that said, I've always had a soft spot for Caleb. During the Broncos NYC worst season, he was the shining light and some of the plays he was coming up with were outstanding. It may seem like a long shot, but I'm rooting for him and hope to see him in the NRL at some point.

He is certainly returning to the right team with the right coaching. When I look at what has been done with Oates, Thaiday, Glenn, Blair etc I look forward to seeing what comes of Timu.

I can't think of a single player who hasn't struggled to live up to the pre-moron mission form/promise. If he fails too, hopefully it'll be a lesson to all the other morons in the NRL.

To be fair, most of the players that did it weren't exactly any good to begin with..

Slightly different news did Jon Green retire earlier in the season? Courier mail has an article about player movements and he's listed as retiring.

He played the whole season.

It's nice to see Caleb back in the fold.

However, I wouldn't be getting my hopes up with him. As the record goes to show, players returning from their mission hardly have the best track record, and even before he left, Timu was showing signs that he wasn't going to make it. Sometimes when players have extradinary seasons at 17/18 year olds, people assume that it's a starting point. However, it appeared that it may have been the peak for Timu as he struggled to eliminate the schoolboy errors that plagued his game and roll up the sleeves when he needed to.

With that said, I've always had a soft spot for Caleb. During the Broncos NYC worst season, he was the shining light and some of the plays he was coming up with were outstanding. It may seem like a long shot, but I'm rooting for him and hope to see him in the NRL at some point.

To his credit he's kept his word and come back; he was only back last week and came straight in to sort out a deal. He will play for the Jets (Ipswich product) but it will be good to see him back.

I can't think of a single player who hasn't struggled to live up to the pre-moron mission form/promise. If he fails too, hopefully it'll be a lesson to all the other morons in the NRL.

I hope that's a typo. :laugh:

I hope that's a typo. :laugh:

I bet not. All the guy did was go to some forsaken island in the pacific that is sinking beneath the rising ocean then trek around it with nothing but a bike and bible like some crazy homeless person.

Ben Te’o’s NRL return with Broncos blocked by “Israel Folau rule”

Chris Garry The Courier-Mail

origin:video_integrator.A4ZHI2eDoR6vDQSeucr9sAvtXZcg9hHZ

THE “Israel Folau rule” will stop the Broncos from recruiting Ben Te’o.

The same rule that stopped Parramatta signing Folau would likely prevent any NRL club from buying Te’o back from rugby union.

The Broncos have not spoken to Te’o but like most clubs would consider him if he declared interest in resuming his NRL career.

However, the NRL’s notional value rules and the potential extension of Brisbane’s backrow crop means it is highly unlikely the hard-running backrower will end up at Red Hill.
South Sydney are actively trying to secure Te’o while the North Queensland Cowboys have also shown interest.
If Te’o decides to return to the NRL next season, an option he has told friends he is considering, he would only be available in late April.
v1

That means Te’o would be signing a six month contract for 2016, presenting a potential cap nightmare for the NRL and any club that signs him.

The NRL’s notional value rules cruelled the Eels’ attempts to sign Folau for the 2013 season. It was the first strike from the NRL in their attempts to stop cap manipulation through back ended contracts and third-party heavy deals.

The governing body is already on edge about Te’o’s return.

Te'o would be hot property if he decides to return to the NRL.Te’o, whose girlfriend now lives in Brisbane, is notionally a $400,000 a season signing but he is also not worth that much money for six months or in his first year back from playing for Irish rugby club Leinster.

This could present a dilemma for any NRL club trying to get a reduced deal approved by the NRL’s cap auditors.
The Cowboys were in talks to securing Te’o for the back half of this year but the NRL did not want to register a six month contract that would have allowed Te’o to return to Irish rugby.
The NRL once blocked Benji Marshall’s attempts to play Japanese rugby in the NRL off season because they don’t want their competition to be a halfway house.

The Broncos declined to comment on the Te’o situation but privately believe they are little chance of securing him.
Te’o played for Brisbane from 2009 to 2012 before signing with the South Sydney Rabbitohs and then starring in their premiership season of 2014.

Te’o is rugged defender and hard-line runner who possesses a deft off-load.
He has played well for Leinster but has told friends he is finding the lack of involvement in rugby union frustrating.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/...-1227569343229

Because Brisbane. Wait until Burgess wants back and they'll fall over themselves.

Burgess won't come here. Too much in love with the Sydney lifestyle and Russell Moneypit Crowe.

Burgess won't come here. Too much in love with the Sydney lifestyle and Russell Moneypit Crowe.

I think the underlying point of Morkels post was wait until Burgess wants back in at Souths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.