Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Via the Lurker today, Rumour is Gagai could be released asap to the broncos so Mata'utia can fit into the starting side[h=2][/h]

Maybe that's why Wayne named Reed at centre lol, wanted Dale to get accustomed to left wing.

Direct swap for Reed please.

Via the Lurker today, Rumour is Gagai could be released asap to the broncos so Mata'utia can fit into the starting side[h=2][/h]
That would be awesome. Very sceptical though, it's not like the coach wouldn't have known of the situation well in advance.

Via the Lurker today, Rumour is Gagai could be released asap to the broncos so Mata'utia can fit into the starting side

Just going to throw it out there, I made up that rumour on Twitter.. Haha

I'd expect someone to be released if Gagai is set to head to Brisbane this season. Maybe that Jack Reed 4 year deal can be shifted on to another club?

We need Jake Mamo and Dane Gagai so badly....

We need Jake Mamo and Dane Gagai so badly....

An actual, top shelf winger needs to be pretty much number one on our hit list. Maybe a hooker as well if there are any on the market.

Hell Rick Stone hasn't got a place for Sione Mata'utia ...so lets help him out.

We'll go on a shopping spree.

Sign Mamo (not named either) and Gagai and run with this line up.

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Copely
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Now thats a dangerous backline

Can Trent Hodkinson play hooker? He's not the most skillful half but he can kick and he looks like the guy from Scary Movie so I don't hate him despite his Bulldog-ness..

Hell Rick Stone hasn't got a place for Sione Mata'utia ...so lets help him out.

We'll go on a shopping spree.

Sign Mamo (not named either) and Gagai and run with this line up.

1. Gagai
2. Mamo
3. Copely
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Now thats a dangerous backline

And not one tackle was made that day.

I'm really warming to an Oates/Vidot wing pairing. Even if we don't have speed, that is some frightening size and power.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...an-seal-nrl-deal/story-fniabjcr-1227251873225

[h=1]Patrick Templeman hoping big Intrust Super Cup season with Wynnum Manly can seal NRL deal[/h]
873169-36ee4350-c3de-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

Patrick Templeman of the Bulldogs looks to pass during the round 18 U20 Holden Cup match between Canterbury Bulldogs and the Melbourne Storm at ANZ Stadium on July 14, 2013 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Mark Nolan/Getty Images)

HE is likened in style to Maroons legend Darren Lockyer and Patrick Templeman is hoping a bumper season with Wynnum Manly can help deliver him to the Broncos.

The Queensland Rugby League on Friday launched the 2015 Intrust Super Cup in style and the classy Templeman is tipped to be one of the competition’s shining lights.
Tonight, the former Canterbury pointscoring machine will make his debut for the Seagulls in their Intrust season-opening blockbuster against the Jets at North Ipswich Reserve.
Templeman is too humble to declare himself the next Lockyer but the similarities are palpable. There is the left-foot kick, the swerve, the lithe 84kg frame and the attacking instincts that saw the Sunshine Coast junior amass a staggering 307 points for Canterbury’s under-20s in 2013.
Templeman was tipped to succeed Ben Barba at the Bulldogs but after hitting a dead-end last season, the 22-year-old hopes a fresh start at Wynnum can be the stepping stone to another NRL deal.
“It would be nice to one day get a chance with the Broncos, but my main goal is to get my confidence back and enjoy my footy,” said Templeman, a former Broncos scholarship holder.
873601-e3f5d09c-c3d7-11e4-9504-1b97135f94e2.jpg

Patrick Templeman hopes a fresh start at Wynnum can be the stepping stone to another NRL deal.

“I’m only 22 so I guess there was a phase where if you were 18 or 19, you had to make it in the NRL, but Matt Moylan (Penrith fullback) is a prime example you can make it later.
“He made his debut at 22 and he’s gone on to play for Australia so there’s opportunities into your mid-20s, I haven’t given up hope at all.
“I got the feeling the door had shut on me at the Bulldogs. I didn’t really get an explanation why, but I wanted to go back to the Queensland Cup to push for a decent offer and I can’t be happier at Wynnum.”
Templeman will play five-eighth tonight at Ipswich but, like Lockyer, is equally adept at fullback, where he can use his speed to chime into a backline and take on the opposition defence.
873629-36ee4350-c3de-11e4-b315-22a5c9651e5e.jpg

Patrick Templeman was a pointscoring machine for the Bulldogs under-20s.

Cowboys coach Paul Green is known to be a big fan of Templeman, who made the difficult decision to spurn a pre-season at North Queensland.
“That was tough to turn down,” he said.
“The Cowboys offered me a chance to train over summer and then I’d go to play for the Northern Pride.
“At that stage I wasn’t aware the Townsville Blackhawks were coming into the comp and I didn’t want to be travelling back and forth, so I decided to sign with Wynnum.
“I can’t speak highly enough of this club. I lost confidence last year but Wynnum have helped me bounce back. I can’t wait to start the season.”

I remember seeing his name and reading that he was someone to watch for but he never came about. Again another 'Locky' comparison to get the general Bronco fan frothing, but seriously what do we think?

Moylan is the only player anywhere similar to Lockyer in the NRL atm.

How is Moylan like Lockyer? What does Moylan do in the 79th minute to win games for his team? Where is Moylan when there's a loose ball? Where is his kicking game? What does he do when players rush him on the last tackle? These comparisons are bullshit. The only thing similar is their position and build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Muros
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • eggstar10
  • azza.79
  • Xzei
  • Gaz
  • Justwin
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Hammerman47
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Pablo
  • broncoscope
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.