Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
WAYNE Bennett is set to lure Dane Gagai to Brisbane with the classy centre considering emulating Darius Boyd by quitting Newcastle to return to the Broncos.In a crushing blow to the Knights’ hopes of retaining Gagai, the Maroons Origin hopeful has privately expressed a desire to resurrect his Broncos career under Bennett.
Newcastle hierarchy are refusing to give up hope, with the club’s director of football, Michael Hagan, having tabled a deal to keep Gagai out of the Broncos’ But The Courier-Mail understands Gagai will be a Bronco next season as Bennett ramps-up his backline succession plan for veteran centre Justin Hodges.
Bennett declined to comment yesterday, but the seven-time premiership-winning coach succeeded in securing Boyd and Broncos powerbrokers are confident he will also land Gagai.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...brisbane-broncos/story-fniabm4i-1227260437883

Hell yeah! Gagai is already an excellent player and has potential to be an awesome player.

There's no way that we don't land him for next season imo, he supports the Broncos, started at the Broncos, was given a 2nd chance by Bennett, and we have his younger brother.

Will be a great signing though, I'm super excited.

Gaga will be Hodges replacement at centre when he retires for sure.

He'll be a handy winger for us next season though.

Tell Gagai to bring Mamo, Scott and Mataora with him!!!!

Also ask him if knows any decent 9's in Sydney....

Gaga will be Hodges replacement at centre when he retires for sure.

He'll be a handy winger for us next season though.

The lady was as surprised as anyone to find out she was replacing Justin Hodges next year.

1426255059.jpg

Would happily sack all our backs for newcastles backline excluding hunt, milf and hodges that is. Maybe keep Copley for depth. Imagine gagai and matautia on our wings

Shillington to the broncos this year rumour doing the rounds on the GH apparently. Grain of salt

No way ... Unless or ISC clubs need another prop

I wouldn't be against Shillington coming to the club. Bennett did similar with the Dragons, bought in a few old heads that the club needed. Shillington would add size to our pack without being a powder puff like Kennedy was. I would prefer Shillington over Gavet and Dodds, and if we are bringing Shillington, Ofahengaue and Thaiday ( if he remains at the club ) off the bench it's plenty of size, and will certainly help with momentum during matches. Would prefer we landed someone like Darcy Lussick or Sam Kasiano who are both off contract though. In all honesty I think Thaiday or Glenn are gone, we won't keep both, we have some decent second rowers coming through in Oates and Arrow, Glenn to me would be the preferred option of the two. Interesting times ahead indeed.

Provided Shillo didn't come for much coin (and given his bargaining position and bennetts penchant for not paying props too much) I would be all for us signing him. He is a big body which we need off the bench. He still has plenty to offer and has been pretty under rated over the last few years

Shillington hasn't been great over the last few years, but let's be honest, at the Raiders apart from Milford who has been? The reality is the bigger men struggle alot when their teams getting flogged. Shillington could finish his career with a bang at a club where the coach appears to be making players accountable.

I'm all for it. If it gets Blair out of prop, even better. Also gives Offa a guide for a season or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
  • Culhwch
  • heartly87
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • Street Talk
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • leish107
  • LGH
  • Big Del
  • Gaz
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.