Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
“If, for instance, he was undervalued when he left Souths, he would have to be upgraded in any new contract.”

That sounds ominous.

And, ridiculous if they're going to argue that $350k is undervaluing Te'o, yet $500k is perfectly acceptable for probably the best forward in the world.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I'd be tempted to start te'o and Thaiday at second row and bring Gillet and Glenn off the bench. Bennett will probably play Thaiday off the bench with Gillet starting though.

There's going to be serious competition for a bench spot between joe and Wallace next season if this signing does take place. Three bench spots are already guaranteed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
If we can get Te'o I'd say we'll find a way to release Glenn, there isn't really a scenario in which we'll need 4 back rowers in the team (5 if you count Oates)

8. McGuire
10. Blair
11. Te'o
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Nikorima
15. Thaiday
16. Wallace
17. Ofahengaue

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Also, apparently if Manly wants to sign Walker they may have to find a new home for Hiku, I doubt we could afford BOTH Te'o and Hiku, but if Te'o fell through I'd really like that signing.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I doubt we could afford both.

I don't think Hodgo would have retired if we had that much cap space..

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I doubt we could afford BOTH Te'o and Hiku

I doubt we could afford both

giphy.gif

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Meh, didn't read it properly.

Sue me.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Why would we sign Hiku when we just got rid of Hoffman? They're virtually the same player except I'd say Josh is better in a few categories. If the Broncos were heading in that direction, I hope they sign Jamie Lyon circa 2012-14 to help make him look good.

Otherwise, you may as well sign Wolfman.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Hiku sucks, would rather see our juniors/anderson on the wing

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
TIL I'm the only person who thinks Hiku is better than any of our outside backs

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
He's a better finisher than anyone on our team, the comparison to Hoffman actually isn't bad, if we're talking about 2013 on the wing Hoffman who led our team in try scoring. (Hiku definietely has better ball-playing upside than Hoffman for what it's worth)

Not to mention he's actually 2 years younger than the likes of Copley & Kahu, stop jumping on the bandwagon boys.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Why would we sign Hiku when we just got rid of Hoffman?

We didn't get rid of him, he left. If he was still around he'd be the best winger on our roster, by a considerable margin I imagine.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
We didn't get rid of him, he left. If he was still around he'd be the best winger on our roster, by a considerable margin I imagine.

We did get rid of him.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Not to mention he's actually 2 years younger than the likes of Copley & Kahu, stop jumping on the bandwagon boys.
I don't rate Copley either - much to the chagrin of most of this forum.

What bandwagon? No need to get salty because people don't agree with yo.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
He's a better finisher than anyone on our team, the comparison to Hoffman actually isn't bad, if we're talking about 2013 on the wing Hoffman who led our team in try scoring. (Hiku definietely has better ball-playing upside than Hoffman for what it's worth)

I don't think he is better finisher than Copley or Kahu, unless by finishing you mean standing outside of Lyon, because yes neither Kahu or Copely have or will ever stand outside of Jamie Lyon.

What bandwagon?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
There's a couple of people who more or less just copy what previous posters say, giving the impression they can't generate an opinion of their own. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but there's a couple of people who do it in almost every thread. Hence the expression, jumping on the bandwagon.

p.s - You guys need to go watch a highlight video or two of Hiku if you think all of his tries are because of Lyon, you're completely wrong if you think that's the case (Or as I said, you're just following the herd, not sure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.