Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could just honestly not think as highly of Hiku as you.

There's a couple of people who more or less just copy what previous posters say, giving the impression they can't generate an opinion of their own. Not pointing fingers at anyone, but there's a couple of people who do it in almost every thread. Hence the expression, jumping on the bandwagon.

p.s - You guys need to go watch a highlight video or two of Hiku if you think all of his tries are because of Lyon, you're completely wrong if you think that's the case (Or as I said, you're just following the herd, not sure)

How am I following the herd? Most of my posts go against the majority on here, I thought that was pretty fucking obvious.

Hiku is average. If he is everything you think he is Manly wouldn't be lining up to get rid of him to bring in someone else to play his position.

It's obvious that your pointing to me with the bandwagon comment seeing as you referred directly to something I said, but I can't understand that at all.

I used to have plenty of respect for you on here.

How am I following the herd? Most of my posts go against the majority on here, I thought that was pretty fucking obvious.

Never said you were, I said that it was a possibility in this scenario as you appeared to be just mimicking what Big Pete said earlier.

Hiku is average. If he is everything you think he is Manly wouldn't be lining up to get rid of him to bring in someone else to play his position.

He's above average I'd say, some of his best games of his career have come whilst playing Centre with Lyon or Matai out, which alludes to that fact. And they're not lining up to get rid of him to bring someone else in to play his position, if they want to sign Walker to come play Five-Eighth they'll likely have to shed 1-2 good first grade players, and as they have Tom Trjobevic laying in wait, Hiku is the obvious choice to try and usher out.

It's obvious that your pointing to me with the bandwagon comment seeing as you referred directly to something I said, but I can't understand that at all.

Never said that, I said I've seen a couple of people who appear to just repeat in different wording what other people have said, which you do occasionally, but I'm sure there's a lot of people who do that, it wasn't mean to be like a massive insult, just an observation.

I used to have plenty of respect for you on here.

Thanks.

THE Broncos have moved to provide insurance for first-choice halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford by snaring former Queensland under-18s skipper Sam Scarlett from Penrith.

Brisbane launched their pre-season on Monday, with under-20s stars and Intrust Super Cup affiliate players undergoing testing at the University of Queensland at St Lucia.

Most of the Broncos’ grand-final squad will not return until November 30, but Scarlett is among some new faces eager to impress coach Wayne Bennett over summer.

Rated a future NRL player at the Panthers, Scarlett, 21, has signed with Broncos feeder-club Souths Logan and will train alongside Hunt and Milford in pre-season.

Another looking to make an impact is 105kg prop Herman Ese’ese, who has also been offered a summer stint with the Broncos after being released by Canterbury to join Souths Logan.

Scarlett is highly-regarded by Queensland league scouts. The five-eighth or halfback is a Wandoan Wildcats junior from the Western Downs region and captained the Queensland under-18s to a 26-12 defeat of NSW in 2012.

A pint-sized playmaker who stands 176cm and weighs 75kg, Scarlett starred in Penrith’s under-20s team in 2014 and was waiting behind Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace for his NRL call-up.

Bennett inherited a handy stable of playmakers last year but the off-season departure of young guns Ashley Taylor (Titans) and Jayden Nikorima (Roosters) has eroded Brisbane’s scrumbase depth.

Hunt and Milford played 53 of a possible 54 games collectively last season and Scarlett is handy back-up if Bennett loses one of his star playmakers to injury in 2016.

“Sam is a very good footballer. Wayne (Bennett) is a fan of him,” said his manager Simon Mammino.

“If the Broncos have some injuries in the halves to Ben Hunt or Anthony Milford, Sam can help with cover.

“He’s quick, tenacious and is a clever reader of the game. There’s an opportunity for him at Brisbane so he’ll train over the summer and be ready if he gets the call-up.”

Ese’ese is primed to make amends at the Broncos. The promising 21-year-old made his NRL debut last season, only to be stood down by the Bulldogs over a drink-driving charge.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...uring-pre-season/story-fnp0lyn6-1227611376467

p.s - You guys need to go watch a highlight video or two of Hiku if you think all of his tries are because of Lyon

B'okay.

The video opens with three tries created by Lyon (at least I think that's Lyon contesting DCE's bomb).

In fact, outside of :55 (there's the Hoggman we all know and resent) and 1:30 (last pass from guess who) what was supposed to impress me? Running over rookie Milford in a game where the Sea Eagles led comfortably?

Don't get it twisted, he's a solid player but nothing more. I didn't like what I saw from him this year and while he may thrive in a better environment, I doubt he'd come up here on a pay-cut. If he was to sign, he'd be at best the Broncos forth best back, behind Boyd, Kahu and Oates. And if Copley rediscovers his 2014 form, he'd be forth best.

Last edited by a moderator:
THE Broncos have moved to provide insurance for first-choice halves Ben Hunt and Anthony Milford by snaring former Queensland under-18s skipper Sam Scarlett from Penrith.

Brisbane launched their pre-season on Monday, with under-20s stars and Intrust Super Cup affiliate players undergoing testing at the University of Queensland at St Lucia.

Most of the Broncos’ grand-final squad will not return until November 30, but Scarlett is among some new faces eager to impress coach Wayne Bennett over summer.

Rated a future NRL player at the Panthers, Scarlett, 21, has signed with Broncos feeder-club Souths Logan and will train alongside Hunt and Milford in pre-season.

Another looking to make an impact is 105kg prop Herman Ese’ese, who has also been offered a summer stint with the Broncos after being released by Canterbury to join Souths Logan.

Scarlett is highly-regarded by Queensland league scouts. The five-eighth or halfback is a Wandoan Wildcats junior from the Western Downs region and captained the Queensland under-18s to a 26-12 defeat of NSW in 2012.

A pint-sized playmaker who stands 176cm and weighs 75kg, Scarlett starred in Penrith’s under-20s team in 2014 and was waiting behind Jamie Soward and Peter Wallace for his NRL call-up.

Bennett inherited a handy stable of playmakers last year but the off-season departure of young guns Ashley Taylor (Titans) and Jayden Nikorima (Roosters) has eroded Brisbane’s scrumbase depth.

Hunt and Milford played 53 of a possible 54 games collectively last season and Scarlett is handy back-up if Bennett loses one of his star playmakers to injury in 2016.

“Sam is a very good footballer. Wayne (Bennett) is a fan of him,” said his manager Simon Mammino.

“If the Broncos have some injuries in the halves to Ben Hunt or Anthony Milford, Sam can help with cover.

“He’s quick, tenacious and is a clever reader of the game. There’s an opportunity for him at Brisbane so he’ll train over the summer and be ready if he gets the call-up.”

Ese’ese is primed to make amends at the Broncos. The promising 21-year-old made his NRL debut last season, only to be stood down by the Bulldogs over a drink-driving charge.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...uring-pre-season/story-fnp0lyn6-1227611376467

Awesome. Was hoping we'd find a half. Good job

Hiku is definitely pretty overrated by the media. Maybe a bit underrated on here. He's not terrible, but he's no better than Hoffman either. And he'd probably cost the combined value of Hoffman, Kahu and Copley.

Watching the video the only good thing was the acrobatics, but Kahu can do that anyway

Don't get it twisted, he's a solid player but nothing more. I didn't like what I saw from him this year and while he may thrive in a better environment, I doubt he'd come up here on a pay-cut.

Deja Vu anyone?

30827_4_2.png

I'll stick to my guns, like I stuck to my guns with Blair & Boyd. There's more or less no chance he even considers a non-Sydney team, I was just generating discussion, didn't realise so many people would get so rustled.

I'll stick to my guns, like I stuck to my guns with Blair & Boyd. There's more or less no chance he even considers a non-Sydney team, I was just generating discussion, didn't realise so many people would get so rustled.

Really? Because it sounds like you wanted to create an echo chamber and got upset when people gave contrasting opinions.

Really? Because it sounds like you wanted to create an echo chamber and got upset when people gave contrasting opinions.

Echo chamber? Is that the name you gave the posse that follows you around repeating your sentiments? :lol:

Last edited:
Less hoping, more knew we would have to and glad we got a good one. Anyone know much about him ?

I know Panther fans are disappointed to see him go and injuries weren't kind on him in 2014 and 2015 but he does have potential, a fresh start could help.

I'm sure I've read somewhere, but can't recall at the moment, why can't Te'o come back to the NRL until April? Something to do with his current contract right

What about Brenton Lawrence. I read in the DT that he was also up for grabs. He'd be handy at the right price.

What about Brenton Lawrence. I read in the DT that he was also up for grabs. He'd be handy at the right price.

Nah he's shit, Lyon made him look good.

But seriously, he's a good player, I don't think he's the kind we need though, he's more of a work horse kind of player like McGuire, doesn't really offload either. I think we need a Matulino type prop who can bend the line and can offload well, it's a shame there's not too many of those laying around, and they aren't cheap.

Nah he's shit, Lyon made him look good.

But seriously, he's a good player, I don't think he's the kind we need though, he's more of a work horse kind of player like McGuire, doesn't really offload either. I think we need a Matulino type prop who can bend the line and can offload well, it's a shame there's not too many of those laying around, and they aren't cheap.
Haha that made me laugh. He would be a better fit at somewhere like the Tigers. Would'nt come here to play ITSC, which would be a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Morkel
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncsgoat
  • Browny
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.