Not open for further replies.
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Meh, pass.

Our backline is all good at the moment.

Let's use that money on Te'o or a similar player.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
**** Titans, Roberts was the only shining light in your team. Fucking muppets. You'd have to think he'd command pretty big dollars. Roosters should just scrape him in on a second tier deal.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Meh, pass.

Our backline is all good at the moment.

Let's use that money on Te'o or a similar player.

If anything it's the exact opposite, our back line is thin and full of injury prone & inconsistent players. Te'o would more or less be redundant whilst we have Glenn, Gillett, Parker & Thaiday, not to mention Oates who should be playing in the back row sooner rather than later.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If anything it's the exact opposite, our back line is thin and full of injury prone & inconsistent players. Te'o would more or less be redundant whilst we have Glenn, Gillett, Parker & Thaiday, not to mention Oates who should be playing in the back row sooner rather than later.

Te'o wouldn't be redundant, he would be a point of difference we don't have. No one we have hits like him or can run lines like him. Te'o over Roberts everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

And I was one of the few people that were happy when Te'o left... How wrong I was.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
How can the Titans be this bad. Like, this bad.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Te'o wouldn't be redundant, he would be a point of difference we don't have. No one we have hits like him or can run lines like him. Te'o over Roberts everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

And I was one of the few people that were happy when Te'o left... How wrong I was.

We would have to move someone good to the bench or ISC if we got Te'o, whether it be Glenn or Gillett. Who would we have to drop for Roberts, Jack Reed or 10-games-per-season Dale Copley? When you look at it like that, I'd rather Roberts, by far. Not to mention Bens best asset is probably his defence, which was the one area we seemed great in last year, imagine the league leader in line breaks on the end of a Milford pass or Blair offload, now that'd be something to watch.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Ah, Titans. Never change, LOL.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
Can't we have both.

How many times have we lamented the lack of speed in the backline

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Can't we have both.

How many times have we lamented the lack of speed in the backline

There's no scenario in which we can afford Te'o + another good player, short of releasing Gillett or something.

But yeah I agree with the lack of speed thing, the only genuinely quick player we have in our team is Milford, the rest are below average for their position. Would love a genuine speedster out wide.

Browny

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Apr 9, 2008
I'd punt Glenn for Teo as I see it as an upgrade

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I also believe we'd benefit more from Roberts than Te'o. But apparently Roberts is satisfied with how the Titans have "rectified" the situation and is committed to staying with them.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Te'o plz. When you weigh up the benefits, Te'o wins for his intimidation factor alone. We don't have that and we need it. How much aggression will Roberts bring to the table?

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
I doubt we'll even consider Roberts, but just imagine our left edge in attack. Milford, Roberts and Oates. Jesus there's some points there.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Put Te'o on the left and watch players think twice about running at Milford..

We don't have any problems scoring points, but our defence on the left has been a problem.

And Te'o brings that aggression we need.

Last time I checked, Roberts is injury prone himself.. And he has butterfingers. Makes too many silly errors for my liking.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Put Te'o on the left and watch players think twice about running at Milford..

We don't have any problems scoring points, but our defence on the left has been a problem.

And Te'o brings that aggression we need.

Last time I checked, Roberts is injury prone himself.. And he has butterfingers. Makes too many silly errors for my liking.

This. Every word.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Te'o plz. When you weigh up the benefits, Te'o wins for his intimidation factor alone. We don't have that and we need it. How much aggression will Roberts bring to the table?

We have intimidation in Blair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Bish
  • Midean
  • jd87
  • Wolfie
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.