Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Being critical on an aspect of a player doesn't make them crap and that certainly isn't what I think of Copley, but I'd be lying if I said every aspect of he's game was perfect, just like I'd be lying if I was to claim Reed was somehow in the class of former Bronco Darren Smith. AS for 2014 Super Freak is spot on, Hunt carried us in 2014, I shudder to think how dismal we would be without him with Hoggman and Barba at the helm.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Anything ever come of this, or is it still in the works? Not that I think we necessarily need anything.
Don't know if he was referring to this but Tony Adams aka The Mole is insisting that GI to the Broncs in 2017 is a goer.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
GI in 2017 wouldn't really be worth it.

Unless he takes a massive pay cut.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
While we're posting Moley information, he said "Broncos" in response to a tweet asking about Te'o a few hours ago. He wouldn't be THAT useful next season as we've got a lot of good players in his position, but it would be nice to get him locked down for future seasons with Parker likely to retire. I'm sure he could provide some nice bench impact next year as well.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Former 20s player Todd Murphy is training with the Broncos during the off-season.

Saw his name pop up on instagram, but didn't think it was worth sharing until we got official word.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Playmaker Shaun Nona(Northern Pride and Queensland residents player) has been released by the Storm, worth looking at?

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Playmaker Shaun Nona(Northern Pride and Queensland residents player) has been released by the Storm, worth looking at?
I think so. Nona had put together a pretty good body of work prior to being picked up by the Storm. If Nichols is worth a punt, I'd be looking at Nona too.

Had Blake Green not proved such a good foil for Cronk, I'd have thought Shaun would have been a good chance of first grade. Mind you, the emergence of Munster would have put a dent in his chances.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Handy goalkicker is what I hear too, saw a great Banana kick from him on youtube.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
are they just depth signings or are they likely to feature in NRL teams ... I don't know much about either

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Pangai Jr is the most talented Under 20s forward coming through. However, he has A LOT of Dave Taylor about him. I've been catching up on the 2015 NYC Finals series and it felt like I was watching a Titans game at times. Pangai Jr would come up with these great carries and offloads and then there were other times where he was getting dominated in the tackle so he'd throw the ball to nobody or kick it straight to the fullback because he wanted to be the hero.

Regardless, it would be a nice coup for the Broncos. There is a lot of potential there and he'd be the perfect long term replacement for a Corey Parker or Adam Blair. Like with all signings like that, I'll believe it when I see it.

On the other hand, I believe it's only a matter of time before we see confirmation on Salesi Funaki. His profile has been taken off the Tigers website, I've seen Tigers fans report the signing, it's all but confirmed.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Tevita Pangai (I hope you're referring to Tevita [MENTION=8517]Smokin' Joe[/MENTION]) would be an enormous signing, I've only watched a few Raiders U20's games but he's dominated in all of them, won Raiders U20 player of the year and spent about half of it playing in the NSW cup to get some valuable experience against men.

I'd nearly rate that signing more than Te'o, especially considering the age and salary cap differences. Ofahengaue, Pangai & Arrow are widely considered the 3 best forwards coming through the U20's, and we could potentially have all 3 to filter in as the old boys eventually retire.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Salesi Chases Change - Broncos

Confirmation of the Salesi Funaki signing.

SALESI Funaki has come to Brisbane for a change and already likes what he sees.

The 20-year-old Junior Kangaroo has joined the Broncos from the Wests Tigers and is just a few weeks into his first pre-season in the not-so-gentle climes of Queensland.

A powerfully-built forward, Funaki said he had come north on a two-year contract to get out of his comfort zone.

And he is already noticing some differences.

"I felt like I was too comfortable down in Sydney," he said after completing a tough session this week.

"I thought coming up here would get me out of my comfort zone and train harder.

"I think being away from my family and everything like that will make me train harder.

"It is like a fresh start.

"(Brisbane) is very different to where I am from.

"It is way slower, but it is nice.

"The traffic is not as bad as Sydney - Sydney is bad."

Yet to get a chance in the NRL, Funaki is set on working hard on his fitness in the 2016 pre-season.

The pre-Christmas grind is on, with Funaki joining a host of other players fresh out of under 20s in the senior squad.

The Westfield Sports High product has benefitted from knowing a host of Broncos players from last year's Junior Kangaroo camp.

Young Broncos like Joe Ofahengaue, Jayden Berrell and Jai Arrow have all trained alongside him before.

"I just have to work hard and get through the pre-season - I want to get fitter," he said.

"I just want to play some games and work my way up.

"It is the toughest pre-season I have been in but the boys have been good.

"I know a few of the boys from before - I have known Joe Ofahengaue for a while.

"And I was also in the Junior Kangaroos squad with quite a few of them.

"So that has made it a lot easier."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Galah
  • Waynesaurus
  • Seibs
  • BroncosAlways
  • ivanhungryjak
  • RolledOates
  • ezpz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.