Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
If there was ever a time to go into a season with no forward signings, it's 2017, we'll get a good idea very quickly of who's going to worth keeping and who can go on the scrap pile, we needed this opportunity to give big minutes to Arrow, Pangai, Ese'ese, Ofahengaue.

At this stage they're all in the boat of "Could be really good" and by the end of the season we'll know for sure which are the keepers.

Ummm? Someone call the guys with the white jackets

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Wayne will hopefully soon sit down and see who he is going to keep, who he is going to let go and who he is going to try pick up that being forwards and a few other positions considering that there will be players going off contract soon.

Korbin sims , dane gagai and napa ! I think that might be a few names on his hit list .

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
QoqOby7.gif

I think you've missed my point. I would never take Marshall over Milford. Hell no. What I'm saying is, Marshall's game is more well rounded due to his experience. Milford, being so raw, still very much struggles in a lot of aspects of being a half. There's no doubt Milford is a better player currently. There is no denying that, but what Marshall does possess, is something that Milford currently lacks. In general halves play, Milford still has a lot of development to do.

I guess people don't actually read and just jump to conclusions.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
I think you've missed my point. I would never take Marshall over Milford. Hell no. What I'm saying is, Marshall's game is more well rounded due to his experience. Milford, being so raw, still very much struggles in a lot of aspects of being a half. There's no doubt Milford is a better player currently. There is no denying that, but what Marshall does possess, is something that Milford currently lacks. In general halves play, Milford still has a lot of development to do.

I guess people don't actually read and just jump to conclusions.

Introductions are so much better!!

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
If there was ever a time to go into a season with no forward signings, it's 2017, we'll get a good idea very quickly of who's going to worth keeping and who can go on the scrap pile, we needed this opportunity to give big minutes to Arrow, Pangai, Ese'ese, Ofahengaue.

At this stage they're all in the boat of "Could be really good" and by the end of the season we'll know for sure which are the keepers.

I think you're absolutely right. We've lost a bit of experience but we still have some hard heads left in the pack.

There's the chance that throwing them into the fire may cost us some games but the time is now to sort out the foundations for the next few years.

I feel like Ese'ese will make the cut. He hasn't been game breaking but he's been extremely solid and will only get better with time. Also backing TPJ for big things, just a question of what conditioning level he can attain, dictating whether he can be a back row staple or an impact weapon off the bench.

Not sure about Arrow or Ofa. Both have pretty good motors, I'm just hoping they can show a bit more grunt or versatility to warrant their inclusion.

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
Perhaps an uneducated opinion here but I think Arrow can play a big role for us in 2017. He was playing 80 mins regularly in Q CUP last year and making 50 odd tackles a game, so he has the motor, and his attitude appears to be great. reckon he can avg around 50 mins for us and be really useful in that time. seems like a no frills player that wont let you down.

Glenn also showed in the back end of the year he was really good off the bench in the middle of the park.

We just need one of the young props to kick on and provide some metres up the middle of the park

Last edited:
Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
Something screwy about the Marshall talk. I hope he comes at the 100k but FMD if he wants to sign as much as has been made out then do it already. In this day and age the deal should be done by now, it's not like they have to post the contract back and forth. I get the feeling he is fishing for a better last minute offer.

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Something screwy about the Marshall talk. I hope he comes at the 100k but FMD if he wants to sign as much as has been made out then do it already. In this day and age the deal should be done by now, it's not like they have to post the contract back and forth. I get the feeling he is fishing for a better last minute offer.

His manager has already said that they are waiting for the contract from the Broncos and are expecting it by the end of today... Not sure what more Benji can do?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
His manager has already said that they are waiting for the contract from the Broncos and are expecting it by the end of today... Not sure what more Benji can do?

Word is he is flying in to Brisbane today to sign and probably a press conference if he is attending personally...

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I surely hope Wayne knows what he's doing.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
I know it's a long shot.... but a certain player, recent premiership winner and CC medalist, and self-confessed childhood Broncos fan, has been made the captain of England's team. By Bennett. And he's a big-bodied, barnstorming, middle-field forward. Long shot. But Wayne's done it before.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I know it's a long shot.... but a certain player, recent premiership winner and CC medalist, and self-confessed childhood Broncos fan, has been made the captain of England's team. By Bennett. And he's a big-bodied, barnstorming, middle-field forward. Long shot. But Wayne's done it before.
Hasn't he already signed with the Bunnies though ?

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
benji's manager has confirmed the contract has been signed. it just needs to be registered with NRL

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Official: Benji Marshall has signed with the broncos on a one year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Battler
  • Foordy
  • Jedhead
  • Painin the Haas
  • NSW stables
  • Locky24
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Alec
  • Manofoneway
  • jarro65
  • barker
  • Xzei
  • The Don
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.