Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
JD hasn't signed anything- he is still contracted to the Dragons for next season.

I think the Dragons are the better option for him.

Take a good offer to get him away from the Dragons and them let him go- it's his home club, he's a junior and Mary is more likely to fall than Benny.

Last edited:
MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
He got found out a bit against the Cowboys though. I think he is similar to Reed in the fact that he lacks speed, so if there is space, fast centers/wingers can burn him.

He wasn't 100%

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
JD hasn't signed anything- he is still contracted to the Dragons for next season.

Take a good offer to get him away from the Dragons and them let him go- it's his home club, he's a junior and Mary is more likely to fall than Benny.

Haha , none of these rumors are on the money are they .

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008

A good offer like "We have more money than any club. We might actually win a premiership. We are the Brisbane Broncos"?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
A good offer like "We have more money than any club. We might actually win a premiership. We are the Brisbane Broncos"?

Why would the Dragons be interested in releasing someone for any of those reasons? Especially knowing they have a local who they may need by round 10.

And even personally; move again, to do the same job you're doing now, with no chance of promotion.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Haha , none of these rumors are on the money are they .

No Broncos have expressed interest but that doesn't mean he can come. It's still someone under contract who hasn't committed to anything.

Same as Gilly last week- he hasn't said yes or no yet.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
And even personally; move again, to do the same job you're doing now, with no chance of promotion.

You appear to be forgetting that just about every assistant coach under Bennett gets a head coaching job at some level after they've done their apprenticeship with him, laying in wait to potentially be thrust into a head coaching role at the Dragons half way through the season doesn't exactly sound like the most appealing reason to stick around, especially considering if he's promoted that means that the club isn't performing well.

I know which job I'd rather, stability is the word you're looking for I believe.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008

And learn from one of the best in the game too

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013

To be honest I'm actually quite surprised Kearney didn't knock the Warriors job back and stay for the same reasons, in a few years he would have certainly been high on the list to take over from Wayne.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Why would the Dragons be interested in releasing someone for any of those reasons? Especially knowing they have a local who they may need by round 10.

Contracts? Come on man, pull the other one. This is NRL.

No chance of promotion? What are you talking about? Have you seen Wayne Bennett recently? He's no spring chicken.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
To be honest I'm actually quite surprised Kearney didn't knock the Warriors job back and stay for the same reasons, in a few years he would have certainly been high on the list to take over from Wayne.

Kiwi pride trumps anything Australia has to offer him.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Also ,If Mary burns due to the Dragons poor form, then some of that must also be on JD.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
The more attempts you have the harder it is to maintain a very high percentage rate...Marshall has always been a reasonable kicker and will certainly prove reasonable in this role at the Broncs if required, I would suggest.
The more attempts you have the better quality the data. Marshall is a 71% goal kicker. Some guy with a 70% success rate from 20 attempts could be a 60% goal kicker who has had a lot of easy attempts so far or an 85% goal kicker who has had all his kicks from the sideline in driving rain. And maybe 'terrible' was hyperbole but it is certainly lower-tier for a full time goal kicker. Marshall has a worse record than Parker and a worse record than Kahu, and hasn't kicked a goal in over 3 years. I'm not saying he should never goal kick for us under any circumstances, but goal kicking should not be a factor in his potential signing or selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.