Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do find it strange that we haven't heard the thoughts of smokin joe or roger wilco of late . Normally if there is significant signing news , they tend to add some good Intel.

Nov 1 lads. Gonna get juicy with all the contracts and player movements! Dicks out for Napa or James!

Nov 1 lads. Gonna get juicy with all the contracts and player movements! Dicks out for Napa or James!

The November 1 rule never existed.

Broncos could have been talking to them long before today.

The November 1 rule never existed.

Broncos could have been talking to them long before today.

No, it does exist. November 1 is the earliest you can talk to a player that comes off contract at the end of the next season, ie 2017. The June 30 rule got removed and replaced with the ten day cooling off period on contracts.

No, it does exist. November 1 is the earliest you can talk to a player that comes off contract at the end of the next season, ie 2017. The June 30 rule got removed and replaced with the ten day cooling off period on contracts.

There is no rule to prevent clubs talking to players at any time. There is an acceptance that nobody likes to see players negotiating with a new team but there is also the reality that players in the game do change clubs and that those discussions can take place over an extended period.

Rather than introduce ‘discussion deadlines’ that have in the past been shown to be ineffective, the NRL reserves the right not to register the contract and that ensures that the player’s existing club has a fair chance of retaining its player if it wants to.

NRL Salary Cap explained - NRL.com

It was also confirmed in September 2014 that the rule didn't exist.

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Last edited:
That sounds pre Dce back flip of 2015 and i think talking about june 30 negotiating deadlines. The dce back flip caused the nrl to introduce the 10 day cool off period rather than sitting on contracts until june 30 to register them. Pretty sure the nov 1 rule is not that new and predates the dce backflip.
That's correct.

The 1st November is when the new season starts officially, and has been for quite a while. Although clubs can talk to players at any time, only from this date can a new player's contract be registered for the next season.
In this case, we are officially in the new 2017 season, and contracts for 2018 can now be registered.

We have Re-signed Joe Boyce and Travis Waddell on a 1 Year deal.

Lets hope Macca doesnt get injured then..

Lets hope Macca doesnt get injured then..
Let's hope he didn't get injured at any point.. same for any of our players. Including these two re-signings...

Same goes for all players in the league. Injuries should never be wishes upon and therefore should always be in our hopes they never happen. Not specifically just in case of an agenda driven reason.

Last edited:
Just read roosters have released Abraham Papalii. He would be a great pickup, has a lot of potential and could make a great forward.

Just read roosters have released Abraham Papalii. He would be a great pickup, has a lot of potential and could make a great forward.

we have plenty of forwards with potential, what we need is someone who is already there and has some experience under their belt.

Dylan Napa would be the ideal signing to bolster our pack. hopefully moves are underway to snap him up for 2018 at the latest

Last edited:
Yea I'm talking about a big prop he's 190cm 115kg the other forwards we got are just average like McGuire.

Yea I'm talking about a big prop he's 190cm 115kg the other forwards we got are just average like McGuire.

You should probably go check out the Broncos website and take a look at the height and weight of our young forwards..

They are bigger than you realize.

Last edited:

Offa is 190cm and 112kg

Offa is 190cm and 112kg

I saw that the other day when I had a look at him on the Broncos site even though he doesn't look that big when you compare him to the other forwards but he actually has more weight on him then our other forwards more muscle then fat I think.

I just read a Courier Mail article that said we could lose Josh Maguire in order to retain milf.

Maguire.

I thought it may just be a typo but it was repeated 3 fucking times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Footy Fanatic
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lozza
  • mystico
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • Hurrijo
  • Locky24
  • pennywisealfie
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.