Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Someback water shit footy site is reporting Dylan Napa to sign with us, but Hunt may be going to the Eels in 2018...
Wow Napa to the Broncos and Hunt to the Eels, haven't heard that before.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Someback water shit footy site is reporting Dylan Napa to sign with us, but Hunt may be going to the Eels in 2018...
I always laugh at the Ben Hunt to Eels rumour.

Because he sat on the bench for 4 years playing 15 minutes a game at hooker and continually turned down bigger offers to play his preferred position as a starter. He turned them down due to his love of the club.

Now he has become one of the teams most important players, starting in his preferred position on good coin ... and that's when he decides to leave.

The only time I'll ever believe that rumour to be true is when he runs out in an opposing teams jersey

Last edited:
K

Kyall

NRL Player
Oct 4, 2016
If it comes down to Ben Hunt leaving it would be Bennett's doing not his own. Bennett won't let a player he needs leave the club without backup.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
I'm fairly certain it was the Eels Hunt almost signed with but knocked back to remain at the Broncos on far less coin and with an unclear path to starting in first grade. In saying that, I hope when we do re-sign Hunt, it's on good money.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Key question is how does it compare to a brick shithouse???

In a battle to the death, the harder but lighter granite would lose ground yet remain intact. The brick shithouse would gain territorial ascendance but shatter in the process. So kind of like Andrew McCullough vs George Burgess, with the Burgii making ground then dropping the ball.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'm fairly certain it was the Eels Hunt almost signed with but knocked back to remain at the Broncos on far less coin and with an unclear path to starting in first grade. In saying that, I hope when we do re-sign Hunt, it's on good money.
It was the Knights while Bennett was still at the club

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
I'm getting more talk from someone i know with affiliation to the club with more dylan napa weight. Can't say if i believe the source or not but maybe it is a thing... just hope it isn't at the expense of hunt

Mitchell_Broncos

Mitchell_Broncos

NRL Player
Jun 21, 2016
Here is what a site says that I found

It is understood that talented Roosters Dylan Napa has become home sick and has requested for a early release so he can join the Brisbane Broncos from 2017.

Dylan Napa supported the Broncos as a kid and grew up idolising Broncos players such as Gorden Tallis and Darren Lockyer and now is believed to want to join the club he loved growing up.

The Rooster’s are currently trying to convince the 194 centimetres and 109 kilograms wrecking ball to remain at the club, but it is understood Napa has made his decision and is set on moving home to Brisbane.

The Broncos are excited about the prospect of adding one of the most talented young props in todays game to their squad for 2017, but as it stands the salary cap will not allow such move.

It is believed the sign of Benji Marshall on a contract on around $150,000 per-season and the re-signing of utility Kodi Nikorima, gives Wayne Bennett and the Broncos the flexibility to allow the early release of Ben Hunt.

By all reports the Parramatta Eels and Ben Hunt are close to agreeing to terms for the 2018 season, when Hunt comes off contract with the Bronco, but a Napa Move up north could fast tract this deal 12 months.

Everything comes down to the Roosters and whether or not they are willing to release Napa from his 2017 contract. Reports are the deal is set to happen.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Could the Eels even afford Hunt at the moment?

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Could it actually be kahu going to the eels??

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

It is understood that talented Roosters Dylan Napa has become home sick and has requested for a early release so he can join the Brisbane Broncos from 2017.

Dylan Napa supported the Broncos as a kid and grew up idolising Broncos players such as Gorden Tallis and Darren Lockyer and now is believed to want to join the club he loved growing up.

The Rooster’s are currently trying to convince the 194 centimetres and 109 kilograms wrecking ball to remain at the club, but it is understood Napa has made his decision and is set on moving home to Brisbane.

The Broncos are excited about the prospect of adding one of the most talented young props in todays game to their squad for 2017, but as it stands the salary cap will not allow such move.

It is believed the sign of Benji Marshall on a contract on around $150,000 per-season and the re-signing of utility Kodi Nikorima, gives Wayne Bennett and the Broncos the flexibility to allow the early release of Ben Hunt.

By all reports the Parramatta Eels and Ben Hunt are close to agreeing to terms for the 2018 season, when Hunt comes off contract with the Bronco, but a Napa Move up north could fast tract this deal 12 months.

Everything comes down to the Roosters and whether or not they are willing to release Napa from his 2017 contract. Reports are the deal is set to happen.

The website you found that on has zero credibility.

Even less credibility than the mole has.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013

Which site did this come from?

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Righto. so Bennett will let our only viable half back go for a front rower

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Morkel
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Jedhead
  • Dash
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.