Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think Bennett will be in a few English players ears? Chris Hill and Ryan Hall seem like good options and they would fulfill our current needs.

Yes to SL props, no to their backs - they've all been shit in the NRL recently.

Guerra would be a good signing for nearly any club and I would love to see him play for us but it just wouldn't be an ideal fit with our current crop of back rowers. As a few people have said it would be much better balance to pick up a big agressive prop and push McGuire into lock. But you don't always get what you want and at the right price Guerra would still be a good addition to the team aslong as it doesn't come at the expense of TPJ or Sua.

Yes to SL props, no to their backs - they've all been shit in the NRL recently.

Yeah but Hall is a different kind of player. Tomkins got by in the Super League by being evasive. Hall is a fast, strong winger who just needs to get the ball and run straight. He doesn't need to create plays or set up tries, just needs to catch and run. I know his running is good but how does he go at catching bombs? I haven't seen him enough recently/don't really remember.

I don't think Nutley will be playing for the Broncos any time soon, so can we move on please?
Why do you feel the need to stick your nose in ? Barely two posts and you've got to intervene for the sake of humanity. Why don't you just move on and ignore it, I mean what damn difference does it make to you ?

Because it's off-topic, Huge.

Yeah but Hall is a different kind of player.

He'll be 30 years old next year and he really hasn't had much of a 2016 for Leeds.

If we were having this conversation in 2010, it'd be well worth the risk but right now I think it's best to leave him there.

I wouldn't be against signing an English player or two though. For starters, they'll be available and should be able to pitch in during the Origin period which has and always will be a nightmare for the club.

As for prop forwards, the Broncos could definitely use some depth. One player who is supposedly free is David Fifita who is over in the ESL as we speak. If we could bring him in as a project player, he could be fairly handy off the bench for us.

I'm also with austin71 on Nelson Asofa-Solomona. Would love to have him at the club, but I'd imagine he's going to be an investment since he's got offers from the Roosters and Rugby Union.

Why do you feel the need to stick your nose in ? Barely two posts and you've got to intervene for the sake of humanity. Why don't you just move on and ignore it, I mean what damn difference does it make to you ?
In case you haven't noticed, it's my job to stick my nose in, especially when people are having off topic e-peen measuring contests.
I did in the nicest possible way too... I even said please.

If you have any further staff related issues, you know the drill, otherwise this thread is to discuss Broncos (rumoured) player movements. :takdir:

Jäved Bowen, is he worth looking at as a center option for us? He'd be quite cheap.

Jäved Bowen, is he worth looking at as a center option for us? He'd be quite cheap.
I'm keen. Would probably have him play wing though.

He is a mod and he is getting the 'Broncos movements and rumours 2016' thread back on track. You know, his job.

Yeah but Hall is a different kind of player. Tomkins got by in the Super League by being evasive. Hall is a fast, strong winger who just needs to get the ball and run straight. He doesn't need to create plays or set up tries, just needs to catch and run. I know his running is good but how does he go at catching bombs? I haven't seen him enough recently/don't really remember.

He has got an error in him, but he is strong and fast. Like a slightly better version of Vidot I would say, although not as physically strong but a faster.

He is a mod and he is getting the 'Broncos movements and rumours 2016' thread back on track. You know, his job.
So, do we release Waddell ? now that the saviour is back and the Broncos are so much better for it ......oh, wait.

Inglis linked to us again in the SMH, no new info of course, just a journalist saying things along the lines of "Parker just retired while he was still playing well, maybe they're freeing up space for Inglis!"

Inglis linked to us again in the SMH, no new info of course, just a journalist saying things along the lines of "Parker just retired while he was still playing well, maybe they're freeing up space for Inglis!"
The drums are again beating about the prospect of Greg Inglis making a shock switch to the Broncos.Inglis is contracted to South Sydney for another year, but rumours he could be on the move in 2017 have resurfaced after the shock announcement Brisbane veteran Corey Parker will retire at the end of the season.
Parker's form is as good as it has ever been and he recently engaged a manager to sort out a new contract after going more than a decade without a 6 ½ per center. The fact he then called it quits has sparked speculation the Broncos tapped the Queensland and Australian forward on the shoulder, to free up salary cap space to have a crack at Inglis.
Third-party sponsors will be lining up to supplement Inglis' income should he move to Red Hill and the lure of playing under Wayne Bennett in his twilight years will also hold appeal.

Read more: Meet the Sydney Roosters international moonlighting as a mechanic
Follow us: @smh on Twitter | sydneymorningherald on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.