Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Ok so you guys rate Josh Hoffman and don't rate Jarrod Wallace and still think it''s a bold call for me to rate Kostjasyn lmao. Maybe I'm on the wrong Broncos forum? Is there another one where the members have brains? Am I on the outcasts forum?

You're on the wrong forum alright.

P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
If Jayden Nikorima available for next year. Do Broncos sign him or not ?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
If Jayden Nikorima available for next year. Do Broncos sign him or not ?

I'd lean towards no if we still have Kodi. Just as when Jayden was here, we didn't have room for both. If we are looking for new talent then we should be looking for some size, in the backs and in the forwards.

Enough pint sized players exist in our team as it is.

Last edited:
P

Pushkin

QCup Player
May 27, 2016
What happened to recruitment last 5 year ?

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
What happened to recruitment last 5 year ?

It's gone to shit.

I think if you're looking at long term, the recruitment has been good. Because quite a few of the players recruited are going to be future stars for the Broncos.

But that doesn't help us now.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ok so you guys rate Josh Hoffman and don't rate Jarrod Wallace and still think it''s a bold call for me to rate Kostjasyn lmao. Maybe I'm on the wrong Broncos forum? Is there another one where the members have brains? Am I on the outcasts forum?

Don't be too perturbed ! A lot of posters on here make broad and sweeping statements, a lot of those are ill considered. Later they are proven wrong and in most cases you don't hear a peep out of them. Your pick is not a bad player and sometimes we watch a player and see the little things that others miss and we realise how good that player really is and go on to champion them. I've mentioned it before but years ago I was one of a very very small minority and I kept saying that he should picked for origin. I was howled down and even banned for mentioning his name in defiance of an edict from Mr Lix ( he was known as Coxy but I liked my name for him better ) He was Danny Nutley and I was 100% right about him.

I say, stick to your guns and don't let the bastards wear you down ! Illegitimi non carborundum

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Don't be too perturbed ! A lot of posters on here make broad and sweeping statements, a lot of those are ill considered. Later they are proven wrong and in most cases you don't hear a peep out of them. Your pick is not a bad player and sometimes we watch a player and see the little things that others miss and we realise how good that player really is and go on to champion them. I've mentioned it before but years ago I was one of a very very small minority and I kept saying that he should picked for origin. I was howled down and even banned for mentioning his name in defiance of an edict from Mr Lix ( he was known as Coxy but I liked my name for him better ) He was Danny Nutley and I was 100% right about him.

I say, stick to your guns and don't let the bastards wear you down ! Illegitimi non carborundum

I know you're old but that was 11 years ago and he only played one game that we lost. What have you done lately?

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Relevance ?

It's relevant to your statement about Danny Nutley who was pretty average as well. I also feel like this isn't the first time you've brought it up in the time I've been here. That's one hell of a thing to cling onto. What have you been right about recently?

Was that the year Petero and Thorn were out? I don't remember why but Wallace would make it too if all the props who were better than him weren't available.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
It's relevant to your statement about Danny Nutley who was pretty average as well. I also feel like this isn't the first time you've brought it up in the time I've been here. That's one hell of a thing to cling onto. What have you been right about recently?

Was that the year Petero and Thorn were out? I don't remember why but Wallace would make it too if all the props who were better than him weren't available.
Gee, I wonder how you figured out I've mentioned it before...oh wait, it's because I wrote in the post that I'd mentioned it before ! Well, what have I been right about recently....mmmm, oh I know ! I wrote two days ago that the return of McCullough would make no difference ! Was I right or was I right, was I right was I right .... Really, it's not about being right about something, we all do that from time to time especially if we make enough statements! No, the point was about not worrying too much about people knocking you down and stoicism in the face of a barrage of negativity.

Nutley was never average, he was an absolute beast who was unjustly overlooked, time and time again because Qld had the idea that every prop had to be a monster. The best prop in the world at that time was Steve Price and he also had the best stats. Best hit ups, best metres, best in everything. Second best ? At a bare 1% behind him was Nutley. In a beaten side he was by far and away the best forward on the park, from either team and had he been picked earlier in his career would have gone on to have become a mainstay.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
I don't think Nutley will be playing for the Broncos any time soon, so can we move on please?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
take this with a massive grain of salt, because i certainly can't vouch for the credibility of the source ... but

[h=5]Reports are surfacing that the Roosters are looking to sign Eels Hard man Manu Ma’u on a long term deal.[/h][FONT=&quot]The Roosters are looking for a replacement for QLD forward Aidan Guerra who is believed to have told the club he wants to move back to Queensland and play for the Brisbane Broncos as soon as possible.[/FONT]

http://www.fantasyfootballnuts.org/rooster-chasing-manu-mau/

but if it was to happen, how would people feel about it.

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
take this with a massive grain of salt, because i certainly can't vouch for the credibility of the source ... but

Rooster Chasing Manu Ma’u – FANTASY FOOTBALL NUTS

but if it was to happen, how would people feel about it.

A very decent backrower / lock, so not totally against it, however we are pretty well covered in that area. We really need a decent prop and McGuire can run around at lock.

Out of all the Roosters forwards WHY couldn't it be Napa?

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
Would that mean Sims isn't an option? Guerra has been shit this year but so has every other player at the Roosters. I'd trade Glenn and Reed for Guerra and SKD though.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It'd be a pretty poor option considering they needs required elsewhere. Maybe bringing in Guerra but releasing Glenn makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Tim K
  • GCBRONCO
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.