Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't agree with the Oates situation TBH. I understand how it normally works, in that wingers can normally be attained cheap, because it's where you blood your rookie backs, and being young, fast, and able to contort is a winger's recipe.

In this case though, are there many, if any, wingers that can offer what Oates does? Radradra would come close, but his handling is worse than Oates' and I suspect he won't even see out the season. There are plenty who can finish like him, and there are a few that can really pump out a good 15 - 20 metre run to get the set of 6 off, but are there any that can do both? Why does he have to be in the back-row to earn good money? I'd be quite happy to pay him $600 - $700k (post cap increase) to stay on the wing and dominate.

In fact I am concerned a move to the back row will blunt him - he may be big and strong, but his speed will only be utilised if he makes a line break, his finishing ability will mean jack shit if he's not diving for the corners, and he won't be getting our sets off to a rolling start. And that's even before we factor in the wear & tear.

It could be rubbish, but I'm sure I read somewhere that they are worried about injuries if they leave him on the wing. Something about knees. Not sure, but maybe someone who retains all this stuff will recall.

How will playing in the second row, making 20 - 40 tackles, be easier on your knees? Maybe it's all the diving for the corner from 8 metres out?

Going up for the highball isn't great on the knees.

I dare say the Broncos are keen to keep him on the wing, but Oates' well reported ego has him wanting to progress into the forwards.

Has he got an ego? Havent heard that one before tbh.

I dare say the Broncos are keen to keep him on the wing, but Oates' well reported ego has him wanting to progress into the forwards.

Where did you see that? I don't watch all that many interviews, but those I have, he seems happy to do whatever is asked of him.

Moose just resigned for 4 years

I want Oates to stay on the wing he's a gun out there. We have some gun backrowers coming through so why move him.

So does anyone think there is anything strange with Bennett jumping to Haynes defence?

It seems like its classic Bennett and a ploy to distract the media from the team to focus on Bennett, but the team is not really under that much pressure currently. We won our first game and I don't think there would be too much said if we lost to the cowboys (unless we are flogged) because they are a great side and these games have been 50/50 lately and could go either way.

Could it be more and that he is laying the groundwork for luring Hayne to the Broncs next year. He could probably play in the halves, or Boyd could move there with Hayne at FB.

I personally think Hayne would be a distraction that we don't need and he is not consistent enough, but to me it seems really strange how Bennett appears to have gone out of his way to defend him.

I would not Hayne at Brisbane under any circumstances. He is a cancer.

yes we've had arrogant players before like Sailor, but at least he was still a team player. Hayne only gives a shit for Hayne. **** him.

I would not Hayne at Brisbane under any circumstances. He is a cancer.

yes we've had arrogant players before like Sailor, but at least he was still a team player. Hayne only gives a shit for Hayne. **** him.

I agree, I don't want him. I just found it fishy how Bennett leapt to his defence.

Maybe he's just up to his usual tricks.

Bennett would probably love nothing more than for Hayne to stay in the NRL- one less team to worry about

So does anyone think there is anything strange with Bennett jumping to Haynes defence?

It seems like its classic Bennett and a ploy to distract the media from the team to focus on Bennett, but the team is not really under that much pressure currently. We won our first game and I don't think there would be too much said if we lost to the cowboys (unless we are flogged) because they are a great side and these games have been 50/50 lately and could go either way.

Could it be more and that he is laying the groundwork for luring Hayne to the Broncs next year. He could probably play in the halves, or Boyd could move there with Hayne at FB.

I personally think Hayne would be a distraction that we don't need and he is not consistent enough, but to me it seems really strange how Bennett appears to have gone out of his way to defend him.
No fucking way. The guy is all hype nowadays. He could come good again - personally i hope he does! But he's too much of a hype player for our club. We're bigger than that

I want Oates to stay on the wing he's a gun out there. We have some gun backrowers coming through so why move him.

Because he wants to be in the 2nd row.

He was probably just asked about it during an interview and the media has taken and run with it.

Nothing in it. And **** no to Hayne, I'll take Boyd any day.

**** no to Hayne, can't ever see it happening, although I do think Bennett would recruit him if given the chance.

Bennett doesn't say a thing to the media without having a reason, especially something like this. But my guess would be he's trying to take some attention away from tomorrow night. Keep the boys relaxed

Apparently Broncos went after Christian Welch from the Storm and didn't get him.

Hadn't even heard we were chasing him.

Apparently Broncos went after Christian Welch from the Storm and didn't get him.

Hadn't even heard we were chasing him.
Genuinely don't understand why we would want someone like Welch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosgirl
  • Painin the Haas
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • Santa
  • Jazza
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Ozired
  • mitch222
  • Lurker
  • Big Del
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • FACTHUNT
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.