Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say maybe this is effecting isaakos form but he had the same problems last year. We would not miss him in the slightest if we let him walk.

Isnt Isaako dealing with some family health issues currently which is why he was granted leave?

Depends on if you want to look after the best interests of the player or the club. It's a tricky balance. I guess you can't keep them all.

Yep, I agree, I do feel though that the balance you refer to has been too skewed towards the player for a long time now and not enough towards the club. Now Ash Taylor might have been as crud here as he has been at the Titans and maybe, quietly behind closed doors, a few private scepticisms meant that releasing him was not such a big issue for us, as the media portrayed it being at the time.

But I do get the feeling that the Wally Lewis axing style ruthlessness that led us almost directly straight into back to back premierships has been missing for a very long time and accordingly that balance is not being met. What is good for the player being held in far greater esteem than what is good for the club at the moment. Perhaps what we need is that supposed hard nosed business attitude Mr White has, could be aimed at what we need from the playing group and in recruitment and retention...

Last edited:
Have you seen Allan's performances at all this season? Not even near first grade standard which is why he is currently toiling in NSW Cup. Talk about a lopsided trade.
Exactly... not to mention the polar differences is attitude.

It's been spoken about that Allan had attitude issues last year when Broncos were negotiating with him... compared to Isaako who puts in extra efforts after training.

Why would the Broncos suddenly be open to getting rid of a hard working winger/fullback who has shown he can have an impact for a prima donna wing/fullback who has had zero impact in first grade to date that the club let walk only 12 months ago.

I for one hope this is some A grade Mole BS

Last edited:
Exactly... not to mention the polar differences is attitude.

It's been spoken about that Allan had attitude issues last year when Broncos were negotiating with him... compared to Isaako who puts in extra efforts after training.

Why would the Broncos suddenly be open to getting rid of a hard working winger/fullback who has shown he can have an impact for a prima donna wing/fullback who has had zero impact in first grade to date that the club let walk only 12 months ago.

I for one hope this is some A grade Mole BS
I said this in another thread but when allan has played in a settled winning souths team he hasnt been impressive. What makes us think he would be better in a struggling broncos outfit?

I would stand by isaako, yes his form has dropped but there would be reasons for that. However he has demonstrated the right attitude and work ethic to correct it.

Isaako of 2018 would have kicked a FG for us to win on Saturday night. He wasn’t anywhere near the ball when we needed him most. Nor does he kick goals anymore.
His form has fallen massively, for whatever reason from 2018.
Hopefully he can rediscover it in the back end of this season however, I think seibs has a couple of these young fellas in front of him at the moment.

Isaako's form has fallen badly no doubt, yet he's still better than Corey Allen

Unless we paid too much for Isaako and we're getting Allan for minimum wage I can't see why we would.

I don't think it's that black and white. If you don't look after the players interests, they won't want to join in the first place, but at The same time, if all you do is put the players first, the club suffers sometimes.

I was being a dick. A respect our club for often finding a good balance of doing the right thing for both.

I would take Isaako in his current form over what I’ve seen from Allan this season. We at least know Isaako can be a beast, to call Allan bog average would be generous
But Bennett is his coach, he should be playing rep level by now! Every player improves under him!

I got really excited when I first saw this... oh well

Well, he probably wouldn't have carry the whole team at the Broncos. I still rate Taylor quite highly.
We will never know now,I'm glad he is someone else's million dollar problem though :)

Lol, come on, Taylor hasn't carried shit at the Titans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Jedhead
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.