Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Misses QLD and hates Sydney. Now that Seibold is gone, he really wants to come back and be coached by Kevvie. Its from a current player who he is pretty close to.
55BA3A57 6C8F 43F7 887F 264D278F33BA

Can piss Glenn off he’s not starting quality anymore.

I cant prove this right now of course.....so there's that...but I'm starting to think that in terms of sorting out the salary cap for next season we are doing 2 things..

1. Letting it be known via media we are skint. Thats designed to basically set the agenda with agents who are arguably right now banging on our door offering their clients to us to assist our move up the table, but want overs for the " privilege"...

2. We may be, by design, keeping a lid on salary expectations due to the fact we may have to cover wages for a potential few outs. Now if another club is interested in player A but want to negotiate on exactly how much salary they are covering then...kinda pointless making promises to FA that we may not be able to keep..

Hope that makes sense.....just jawboning really...

I cant prove this right now of course.....so there's that...but I'm starting to think that in terms of sorting out the salary cap for next season we are doing 2 things..

1. Letting it be known via media we are skint. Thats designed to basically set the agenda with agents who are arguably right now banging on our door offering their clients to us to assist our move up the table, but want overs for the " privilege"...

2. We may be, by design, keeping a lid on salary expectations due to the fact we may have to cover wages for a potential few outs. Now if another club is interested in player A but want to negotiate on exactly how much salary they are covering then...kinda pointless making promises to FA that we may not be able to keep..

Hope that makes sense.....just jawboning really...

We are skint because we have already signed someone. Just waiting for them to finish finals before they announce it.

Tolman is James Graham without the aggression. He's absolutely toast as a footy player, despite what the numbers indicate. He's one of the least impactful runners or defenders in the competition.

For comparison -

Lodge, out of shape, on half an ACL, a fractured leg and dodgy MCL: 10.8 metres per run
Tolman: 9.3 metres per run

Dont really see how you can write of the numbers on one hand, then use them to try to prove a point on the other. I think stats are a load of garbage personally, so much they cant and dont tell you, but according to the NRL stats, Tolman averaged 141 meters a game with a tackle efficiency of 93.8% Lodge averaged 106 meters a game and a tackling efficiency of 86.7% ( tbf to him, not playing fully fit ) Doesnt smack of him being a world beater, but i wouldnt say he is finished either.

Its more what he would offer in terms of keeping things ticking over and tightening up our defence. We dont need a player like Tolman to come in and make massive meters, we have blokes to do that, we need a player like Tolman to come in and help steady the ship short term ( kind of like Blair in some respects despite them being very different sorts of players ). We have plenty of players with way higher ceilings than he does, and he is on the way down in his career, but he is reliable and consistent and doesnt make many mistakes. Compare that to a Flegler or TPJ who constantly drop ball or cost us with i'll discipline. For a 200k ish contract for 12 months, i dont see a downside. We need a middle forward with a bit of know how imo. Tolman wouldnt on my list at all usually, but i cant see anyone else on the market.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kev had a little nibble at trying to convince James Maloney to head here for a year or 2. Kev has history at Catalans where Maloney is, and I think he and Maloney would gel well together as coach and captain. I could be completely wrong, but it is something I wouldn't mind, and could see happening completely out of the blue. James at 5/8 would be the perfect foil for Dearden while he hones his skills. The guy is also the ultimate competitor, and that is a characteristic this team is severely lacking.

Milf can de-seed the halftime oranges.

And as Milf opens up the citrus he finds a grub inside called Maloney. Ewww. Sorry, I just can't stand him, but then, he could teach us the finer points of diving

Last edited:
And as Milf opens up the citrus he finds a grub inside called Maloney. Ewww. Sorry, I just can't stand him, but then, he could teach us the finer points of diving
Seibold taught us all we needed to know about the fine art of diving even if it was the wrong type.

Can't agree. Tolman's 32 next season, for mine, a cream puff to tackle, and that error against us which led to TPJ's try was a disgrace. He has absolutely nothing to recommend him for our roster. Waste of money. Under a good coach, I reckon our prop rotation is excellent, provided Patty plays up front.

I dont think a good coach can teach the dumb out of Pangai, and as much as i like Flegler, his hands dont seem great.

And as Milf opens up the citrus he finds a grub inside called Maloney. Ewww. Sorry, I just can't stand him

Haha you are right, Maloney is a highly annoying, and at times, grubby person on the field. I guess out of desperation more than anything, I sorta hope we could get him on board though. Just that competitive and 'win at all costs' attitude he brings would be a breath of fresh air compared to this current mob we are stuck with.

Seibold taught us all we needed to know about the fine art of diving even if it was the wrong type.

Funny you mention diving and Seibold. I posted a vid about that in another Seibold thread

I dont think a good coach can teach the dumb out of Pangai, and as much as i like Flegler, his hands dont seem great.
Some players you just can't, look at Julian O'Neill the prototype of future playmaking fullbacks to come. But you couldn't keep him from making stupid decisions off the field that hurt his career. And then there are basket cases like Dave Taylor who have the all the talent and potential in the world, but no heart and hunger to achieve it.

Kev might be able to reach Pangai and get him on the right track but ultimately Pangai has to want to as well.

I honestly can't fathom the people who dismiss Tolman just because he isn't Jason Taumalolo. The sheer numbers make that argument simply unable to be defended.

Tolman's numbers in 2020 are in fact comparable with a lot of Shane Webcke's numbers but for some reason we rightly laud Webcke as an Elite Prop but totally dismiss Tolman as a plodder who is absolutely past it. It's just not remotely supported by the numbers being produced.
Meanwhile, Huge: “talk dirty to me.“

Jayden Sua is exactly the type of enforcer we can absolutely accomodate. I also wouldn't mind Hetherington for the same reasons but Sua is the guy given his links to the club.

I really like his career arc and the fact Bennett wanted him speaks volumes to me too.

Lets hope this one happens; really would be a huge capture (re-capture?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • Gaz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • ostin86
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • Nerd
  • Reds2011
  • jd87
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • eggstar10
  • Dexter
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.