Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think a good coach can teach the dumb out of Pangai, and as much as i like Flegler, his hands dont seem great.

Funny you say that. Some posters on the Silvertails Forum reckon Desi can manage him. Also, a thread there back in August on the possibility of Manly signing TPJ reads somewhat like ours on him. Here's one poster's view on TPJ:

"He is literally in the bottom 10 NRL players i'd sign. Complete liability on and off the field, severely lacking brain-cells and tactical ability, entitled and completely swept up into his own (absolute) myth. Whereas some players are grubs on the field, he is a genuine grub.

I hope all NRL sides boycott him (as it seems they are at the moment) and let this reality check sink in for him. Some potential in him but it would be a 2-5 year job just to shock-therapy him into a somewhat consistent, smart rugby league player.

I also hope anyone here that is lured into his myth seriously rethink their position. He is a deadset liability, I've been watching his games on the field closely since all these rumours about him to the Roosters started last year and am shocked by his reputation, price-tag and attitude."

Funny you say that. Some posters on the Silvertails Forum reckon Desi can manage him. Also, a thread there back in August on the possibility of Manly signing TPJ reads somewhat like ours on him. Here's one poster's view on TPJ:

"He is literally in the bottom 10 NRL players i'd sign. Complete liability on and off the field, severely lacking brain-cells and tactical ability, entitled and completely swept up into his own (absolute) myth. Whereas some players are grubs on the field, he is a genuine grub.

I hope all NRL sides boycott him (as it seems they are at the moment) and let this reality check sink in for him. Some potential in him but it would be a 2-5 year job just to shock-therapy him into a somewhat consistent, smart rugby league player.

I also hope anyone here that is lured into his myth seriously rethink their position. He is a deadset liability, I've been watching his games on the field closely since all these rumours about him to the Roosters started last year and am shocked by his reputation, price-tag and attitude."

this is from a Manly forum..??.....didnt know they were so articulate...wow...learn something new every day...

If Allan and SuA can come back, that puts the side in a very nice direction for next season already.

haven't had enough time to think about what Allen looks like in our side.....but probably a good time to get him now....another year of development and he cost an extra 150K to get

I honestly can't fathom the people who dismiss Tolman just because he isn't Jason Taumalolo. The sheer numbers make that argument simply unable to be defended.

Tolman's numbers in 2020 are in fact comparable with a lot of Shane Webcke's numbers but for some reason we rightly laud Webcke as an Elite Prop but totally dismiss Tolman as a plodder who is absolutely past it. It's just not remotely supported by the numbers being produced.
His numbers are good but he isn't a scary prop which is what we need . Physical impact, someone to fear either in attack or defence. We have enough numbers guys in the side now. We don't have a JWH type which is what we need.
Also where the **** are our giant fijian wingers who play for a pie and Pepsi max. Melb lose 1 and replace him with another. Parra lose 1 and same deal.

His numbers are good but he isn't a scary prop which is what we need . Physical impact, someone to fear either in attack or defence. We have enough numbers guys in the side now. We don't have a JWH type which is what we need.
Also where the **** are our giant fijian wingers who play for a pie and Pepsi max. Melb lose 1 and replace him with another. Parra lose 1 and same deal.

I'd be seeing if Vunivalu is intent on going to union, if not I'd happily sign him on.

If we cut TPJ id be more on the Tolman bandwagon.....but cant help but think the fact he can play front row or lock means Tolmans kinda redundant...

Kennedys improved, Patty could easily play 60 minutes up front....I really think we have this covered internally but...you know....open to have my mind changed on that

this is from a Manly forum..??.....didnt know they were so articulate...wow...learn something new every day...

It's actually not bad at all. Nowhere near the bevy of supreme intellects we have nor a resident psychiatrist cum grammarian like Huge but all in all not too bad. Still, it's Manly but then also, they absolutely hate the Rorters ... but then I guess so does everybody.

It's actually not bad at all. Nowhere near the bevy of supreme intellects we have nor a resident psychiatrist cum grammarian like Huge but all in all not too bad. Still, it's Manly but then also, they absolutely hate the Rorters ... but then I guess so does everybody.

haha no worries, look I respect others who frequent their respective forums....took advantage of a low brow kick in the guts there but all good..!

Is there a list of giant Fijian wingers yet? @Sproj ? We need you

1. Tuqiri
2. Nandruku
3. Radradra
4. Vunivalu
5. Sivo
6. Ravalawa
7. That dude from Canberra
8. Vudogo
9. Hayne
10. Nqama?

There you go.

1. Tuqiri !

Oh if only ... Love your work mate

Last edited:
Re the Munster thing, if he is available for 2022, does that mean he becomes a free agent on 1 November and can be signed for the following year at that time?

Re the Munster thing, if he is available for 2022, does that mean he becomes a free agent on 1 November and can be signed for the following year at that time?

Yeah I think that would be correct.

Does anyone know who was in charge of our recruitment in 2013? Nolan by any chance? Storm (Paul Bunn) snapped Cam up when we told him to get lost. Plenty of other scouts saw the potential. Us? Of course not. You really couldn't make this shit up.

Last edited:
It would except he is signed until the end of 2023...

Some players that do become available as of November 1 include
Sam Verrills
Sitili Tupouniua
Daniel Tupou
Angus Crichton
SJ (but getting a bit old)
Tohu Harris
Jazz Tevaga
Jake Clifford
Scott Drinkwater
Nathan Brown
Kurt Capewell
Matt Burton
Stephen Crichton
Jerome Luai
Cameron McInness
Corey Allan
Braidon Burns
Jaydn Sua
Nofo

That's not the whole list, just some names that pop out to me... other names of interest are
Jesse Arthars
Jack Bird
Glenn
Milford
Palasia

and of course
Coates 😬
Dearden 😬
Flegler 😬
Staggs (although it says he has a PO for 2022)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • DrGee
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Hurrijo
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • Kenny powers
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Nightwatchman
  • thenry
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • lynx000
  • Broncosgirl
  • jarro65
  • Bucking Beads
  • Stix
  • Howie
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.