Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely manly couldnt afford more than 450k

Surely manly couldnt afford more than 450k
Sure they could. They picked up a lot of discards and would probably only have DCE, Turbros, Dwalker, Sirro + Kapow on big-ish money

Sure they could. They picked up a lot of discards and would probably only have DCE, Turbros, Dwalker, Sirro + Kapow on big-ish money

Green ! It has been mentioned numerous times that they are strapped. It's fulton wanting whomever he wants , but it isn't possible with the cap.

He is probably worth the $600k, the problem is we might not have room in the cap to give him the $600k

With Milfs upgrade and Birds money we may have dug ourselves a hole, part of the problem is also that the club doesn't exactly know how much it can spend next year yet.

The jet was awesome last night. He didnt get much good ball becaude hunt doesnt know what pass, how deep inside outside to give it to him. I think kodi has a better football brain than hunt. Hunts an awesome player but makes the wrong choices. Kodi seems to read the next play better and unleashes gillette and the jet with the right balls. Marshall would do the same. The jet with the right inside guy wiuld be top nrl try scorer every year until 2040..boom

I reckon they should front-end his deal. You can claim ignorance due to incompetence of management in not stipulating the rules 3 months out from implementation.

Just on this point, how can the NRL legally enforce salary cap penalties for next year? Everyone is operating blind and it is not their fault at all.

The jet was awesome last night. He didnt get much good ball becaude hunt doesnt know what pass, how deep inside outside to give it to him. I think kodi has a better football brain than hunt. Hunts an awesome player but makes the wrong choices. Kodi seems to read the next play better and unleashes gillette and the jet with the right balls. Marshall would do the same. The jet with the right inside guy wiuld be top nrl try scorer every year until 2040..boom

Ladies and gentlemen fun fact time

When Hunt plays with Roberts this year - 9 tries from 12 games including two doubles (last nights game included)
When Nikorima plays halfback with Roberts - 4 tries from 6 games including the hat trick against the Titans

Hunt arguably has a much better combo with Roberts for tries scored per game. Take the hat trick game out of Nikos stats and its 1/5. Take the doubles out of Hunts and its 5/10.

Now the decent ball to Gillett convo, whilst I agree Niko gives Gillett a very good short ball, Gillett has had his better running metres games with Hunt at halfback. I know its surprising but stats don't lie.

Just on this point, how can the NRL legally enforce salary cap penalties for next year? Everyone is operating blind and it is not their fault at all.

hmmm ... true

maybe the Broncos should get some indepenant legal advice to see if the NRL would have a leg to stand on if they try to penalise clubs for breeches caused by signing's made before the new cap was set in stone.

if the NRL wouldn't have a leg to stand on they could just open their cheque book ... :porthozthinksthisishot:

hmmm ... true

maybe the Broncos should get some indepenant legal advice to see if the NRL would have a leg to stand on if they try to penalise clubs for breeches caused by signing's made before the new cap was set in stone.

if the NRL wouldn't have a leg to stand on they could just open their cheque book ... :porthozthinksthisishot:

I'm pretty sure clubs are confident that even if they are over for next year, the NRL will allow them to operate next year but they only have that one year and they will need to be in accordance with the 2019 salary cap. I think some leniency will be shown because they haven't got their shit together yet.

I'm pretty sure clubs are confident that even if they are over for next year, the NRL will allow them to operate next year but they only have that one year and they will need to be in accordance with the 2019 salary cap. I think some leniency will be shown because they haven't got their shit together yet.

Hence front-ending a ton of contracts.

Ladies and gentlemen fun fact time

When Hunt plays with Roberts this year - 9 tries from 12 games including two doubles (last nights game included)
When Nikorima plays halfback with Roberts - 4 tries from 6 games including the hat trick against the Titans

Hunt arguably has a much better combo with Roberts for tries scored per game. Take the hat trick game out of Nikos stats and its 1/5. Take the doubles out of Hunts and its 5/10.

Now the decent ball to Gillett convo, whilst I agree Niko gives Gillett a very good short ball, Gillett has had his better running metres games with Hunt at halfback. I know its surprising but stats don't lie.
You admitted yourself that Kodi gives much better ball to Gillett, but then go on to correlate stats that have little significance, to argue your point in favour of Hunt?

How much did Hunt and Kodi actually contribute to Gillo and Jimmy's said stats?

Can't believe broncos paid so much for bird. There's no way bird would score the tries Roberts does.

The problem will be if it ends up costing us Roberts. If it does, then it is an absolutely ridiculous decision to sign Bird. If it doesn't then fine.

The problem will be if it ends up costing us Roberts. If it does, then it is an absolutely ridiculous decision to sign Bird. If it doesn't then fine.

People need to be sacked if Roberts ends up leaving because the broncs couldn't afford him.

Green ! It has been mentioned numerous times that they are strapped. It's fulton wanting whomever he wants , but it isn't possible with the cap.

Ah yes forgot about him. Are they still paying ex-players on the cap? Matai, B.Stewart etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • sooticus
  • Scdeac
  • Locky24
  • Cavalo
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Rambstien
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Jedhead
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Shane Tronc
  • lynx000
  • FACTHUNT
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.