Status
Not open for further replies.
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
#TheReturn

Wonder how he'll feel going back to the Tigers to reclaim his Benchie Marshall title, little to no chance he's in their starting 13 next year.. Unless they've realised that Lolohea is overrated and should probably be in the centres, in which case there might be an opening at Fullback.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Isn't Grub Reynolds headed there too? He'll be in another 4-way race for a halves spot. But if there's a bit more money than we can offer, why not? It would be nice for him to head "home".

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Isn't Grub Reynolds headed there too? He'll be in another 4-way race for a halves spot. But if there's a bit more money than we can offer, why not? It would be nice for him to head "home".
Maybe they'll move grub to hooker

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Is there any decent utilities available for next year? I think we'll definitely sign one, we were being linked with quite a few of them earlier in the year. Cody Walker, Connor Watson, etc. (Both now unavailable)

I think Tyrone Roberts could be a handy pick-up, would give us another option at Halfback if Nikorima doesn't progress as expected, has a history with Bennett, arguably played his best footy under Bennett. Cousins with Jimmy, etc.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
Yeah Roberts would be dangerous off the bench in a top four side. Hutchison is off contract, he'd be nice to have around to keep some depth in the halves. Or just find some more money for Marshall would be ideal.

Fernando

Fernando

NRL Captain
Jun 6, 2015
I'd like Brisbane to swoop in and sign up Lachlan Fitzgibbon from the Knights. Would be a big F U for pinching half our roster

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Please **** no to fitzgibbon.. he's a spud thank god knights are working to sign him

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Not player related, but Hooper is leaving to take up the High Performance role at Wests Tigers next year.
For those who don't know, he is our current strength and conditioner.

The costs saved on wide brim hats and sunscreen will mean we could build a new stadium.

Hoops will be a big loss.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
Yeah Roberts would be dangerous off the bench in a top four side. Hutchison is off contract, he'd be nice to have around to keep some depth in the halves. Or just find some more money for Marshall would be ideal.

Marshall is heading back to the Tigers.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Thanks for the memories benji, don't try anything too tricky when we play you next year.

Ironbroncos

Ironbroncos

QCup Player
May 2, 2008
Happy hes happy to go back to his spiritual home. Good that he acknowledges the Broncos rejuvenated him.

All the Best

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
How many times was life member used in that article?

"Benji is excited by the direction his financial offer took and believes in where that money is going."

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
Is there any decent utilities available for next year? I think we'll definitely sign one, we were being linked with quite a few of them earlier in the year. Cody Walker, Connor Watson, etc. (Both now unavailable)

I think Tyrone Roberts could be a handy pick-up, would give us another option at Halfback if Nikorima doesn't progress as expected, has a history with Bennett, arguably played his best footy under Bennett. Cousins with Jimmy, etc.
I'd like Tyrone Roberts too but it doesn't sound like we'll have the funds for it if we couldn't keep benji for the same reasons.

I don't think we need a permanent bench utility. The style we play we benefit from a 4 forward bench (the 2015 run we did the same) for our ad-lib style/halves to play off. But, we do need a quality back up to keep pressure on the halves to perform and injuries.

Surely jnik could get a release now? Will never kick on by the sounds of it but a very like for like replacement for knik if injured. Drew Hutchison is another who I don't rate strongly (needs to pass more!) but is still first grade material (got injured and is now behind Jai field, Widdop and hunt). He also played and won with Demetrio as coach. Shaun Nona possibly too who has a long history with demetrio. Just a good and strong back up or 2 would help us. Same with the prop department. The players we are losing atm were all players who earned their spot in the top 21 player options this year when they weren't expected too. Bennett will do the same again. People thought why is he signing benji? Tau tau? An overweight prop with 1 game for the bulldogs in 2 years. Now all of a sudden they are irreplaceable lol. Bennett does it every year, makes players that are on the scrap heap resurrect their careers

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013

Good mates with Taylor

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Nice of the Tigers. Wonder if they will let Benjis' mate Farah finish his career there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncotville
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Wolfie
  • leon.bott
  • Big Del
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.