Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Do you have any better ideas? Please don't say Perth.

Perth :p

but honestly there are too many Sydney clubs as it is ... if the want another one on the central coast then you either need to relocate a franchise, or cull a Sydney club first before adding a new team on the CC.

the other option is a team based out of Ipswich. but that would be the last SE QLD team i would add to the comp, I think 3 is the maximum number the area should have unless you want to start diluting crowd numbers up here

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Do you have any better ideas? Please don't say Perth.

Why not say Perth? Now is EXACTLY the time the NRL should be heading into Perth to capitalize on the Western Farce.

I have no problem with a northern Sydney team so long as one or five current ones are culled.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Our utility target should be Jayden Nikorima. The Roosters stunted his development, bring him home and watch him shine off the bench for us next year

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Our utility target should be Jayden Nikorima. The Roosters stunted his development, bring him home and watch him shine off the bench for us next year
He has a year left on his contract at 300K per annum. The Broncos might be able to offer him a second tier contract (If they wanted him). I think he is better off staying put.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Maybe expand it from the Gold Coast to just make it the coastal area from like the Sunny Coast down to the Northern Rivers?

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Why not say Perth? Now is EXACTLY the time the NRL should be heading into Perth to capitalize on the Western Farce.

I have no problem with a northern Sydney team so long as one or five current ones are culled.
Perth is roughly the size of Brisbane and easily supports two AFL teams. But it couldn't support a Rugby side and it surely wouldn't support a sport which is basically a modified version of Union. It would just be another Melb, a franchise that has run at a loss for 20 years. Imagine the travel costs for the club, it's not like they would have a local derby. In a perfect world, I'd love to see a team out west as well as Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart but RL simply does not enjoy that sort of popularity and never will. Best to keep the game where it's strong.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
He has a year left on his contract at 300K per annum. The Broncos might be able to offer him a second tier contract (If they wanted him). I think he is better off staying put.

No way he is better off staying put. Going nowhere at the Roosters.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Perth is roughly the size of Brisbane and easily supports two AFL teams. But it couldn't support a Rugby side and it surely wouldn't support a sport which is basically a modified version of Union. It would just be another Melb, a franchise that has run at a loss for 20 years. Imagine the travel costs for the club, it's not like they would have a local derby. In a perfect world, I'd love to see a team out west as well as Adelaide, Darwin and Hobart but RL simply does not enjoy that sort of popularity and never will. Best to keep the game where it's strong.

Have you watched rugby? Its boring as bat shit. League would do a hell of a lot better there than Rugby.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Be okay if we got him for 150 with the Roosters chipping in their 150...be a win-win-win for all...and gets to come home

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
Be okay if we got him for 150 with the Roosters chipping in their 150...be a win-win-win for all...and gets to come home

That would be the perfect situation! Can't see them doing it though, especially after loosing watson.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

The issues for the Force are so much deeper than just not being popular. They are like the Titans in that they are poorly run, have no government backing and are the easy targets for removal from Super Rugby who want a 15 team comp. Plus, Australian rugby is at its lowest ebb of all time.

They still get around 10 000 to games which is probably better than most Sydney clubs (I haven't researched it, so I don't know). Let's not forget that they have NEVER made the finals but have a fantastic junior network. There is so much there that a competent administration could build upon and league would be instantly more popular than the boredom that is Australian rugby.

That said, the fact a competent administration is needed is the one MASSIVE factor working against the NRL being successful there, incompetent is their middle name.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Have you watched rugby? Its boring as bat shit. League would do a hell of a lot better there than Rugby.
Yes, I have watched rugby and I agree, it's even more boring than soccer. But trying to convince an AFL mad city to follow a code which they can't even distinguish between Union is a tall order. Sure, you would have some ex "out easters" support the team but not enough to ever turn a profit. If anything, the NRL should be a 14 team comp (even 12).

Organix

Organix

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 19, 2012

I honestly think if NRL expansion in WA was to succeed they should target the Irish expats. Rugby is gaining traction in Ireland since their recent successes and Rugby League is starting to become more popular due to Tag Rugby being a popular social sport. Add the speed and intensity of an NRL game and I think you would have a pretty good supporter base that would be passed on to visiting/new expats as they arrive. The hardest part is getting that initial involvement and when someone doesn't have a prejudice like the resident Australians in WA who have a preference for AFL or Union then you can convince them to give it a shot. The only issue would be having a team you can get behind to provide a positive spectacle that would keep people coming back for more. The NRL really just need to invest HEAVILY if they truly want to expand. Unfortunately, the current global culture is particularly shortsighted in terms of making investments.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Apparently Ash Taylor has told the Titans that he will leave unless Henry is sacked.

**** him.

He's achieved nothing and now he wants to dictate the coach.

Disruptive little shit who we shouldn't even be looking at.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
Apparently Ash Taylor has told the Titans that he will leave unless Henry is sacked.

**** him.

He's achieved nothing and now he wants to dictate the coach.

Disruptive little shit who we shouldn't even be looking at.

Jarryd's little mouthpiece?

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Makes you wonder if the past two performances from the Titans players weren't coincidence.....

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Jarryd's little mouthpiece?
They say they are close.

Arrogant little shit thinks he should get a vote on the coach.

Don't want him near our club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • Shane Tronc
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.