Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17

NRL Player
Jan 15, 2017
I would be happy to take Roberts purely for our mr fix it. Hooker, halfback, fullback or 5/8 is a prettt handy resume. Unless you're the Cowboys of 2015-2016 you're going to pick up injuries in key positions through the year so I think it's always handy to have a capable backup.

Also, for the right price I wouldn't say no to one of the older guys like graham or tolman or even myles. Could be handy to have some more experience come off the bench and during origin time. Kind of like Ben hannent did for the cows in 2015, you could put the guy on and knew he was going to do a job for you. If they don't fire then it's in with the new and old with the old.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
From NRL Rumours and updates:

I've received strong rumours Tyrone Roberts could be set to join the Brisbane Broncos in 2018. With Ben Hunt & Benji Marshall both leaving, a utility position has opened up. Tyrone would also join his cousin James at the club & is expected to receive an equal or larger deal with the Broncos.
Would this be a massive loss for the Titans and a good signing for the Broncos?

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013

I've received strong rumours Tyrone Roberts could be set to join the Brisbane Broncos in 2018. With Ben Hunt & Benji Marshall both leaving, a utility position has opened up. Tyrone would also join his cousin James at the club & is expected to receive an equal or larger deal with the Broncos.

Without a doubt a good signing. He is clearly adept at most positions without being a stand-out in any and from a utility, that is pretty much what you want. He isn't old yet, is highly underrated and could play a nice role for us off the bench.

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012

Bird, Savellio, Roberts and Lodge in
Blair, Hunt, Arrow, Moga, Ese'ese and Marshall out...

Happy enough with that.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

Saw this this morning and instantly thought BHQ have been sauced again.

Roberts has indicated he wants to be a half not a utility and he also has a deal from titans sitting on the table. I dare say if we can't afford to retain anyone at the moment that we probably can't outgun the titans

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013

Roberts has indicated he wants to be a half not a utility and he also has a deal from titans sitting on the table. I dare say if we can't afford to retain anyone at the moment that we probably can't outgun the titans
Especially when they may have all of that Hayne money to play with.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Especially when they may have all of that Hayne money to play with.
But who else do they have on decent coin. Proctor, Peats and Ryan and that's probably it out of a $9m cap

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
But who else do they have on decent coin. Proctor, Peats and Ryan and that's probably it out of a $9m cap
Wallace signed for decent money. And the will need to pay big to keep Taylor.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014

I've been thinking for a while now Roberts was going to end up at the Broncos at some point after Bennett left the Knights.
Titans are fucked, shit culture, about 17 fans... wasn't long ago they didn't even have a paddock to train on!! Bennett will have a crack I reckon, even though he wants to play in the halves the lure of a premiership might be enough.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
We don't really have any depth in the halves, do we?

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I've been thinking for a while now Roberts was going to end up at the Broncos at some point after Bennett left the Knights.
Titans are fucked, shit culture, about 17 fans... wasn't long ago they didn't even have a paddock to train on!! Bennett will have a crack I reckon, even though he wants to play in the halves the lure of a premiership might be enough.

Surely he's sick of playing at struggling clubs with so much negative press. He'd get a boost of life coming to the broncs.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
Titans are definitely fucked and have been for some time. Hopefully North Sydney comes to the party and buys out the franchise and relocates it to Sydney. Would hate to see the whole organisation fold.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Titans are definitely fucked and have been for some time. Hopefully North Sydney comes to the party and buys out the franchise and relocates it to Sydney. Would hate to see the whole organisation fold.

There isn't going to be another Sydney team. If they did by them out they would have to stay on the Gold Coast.

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
There isn't going to be another Sydney team. If they did by them out they would have to stay on the Gold Coast.
Who says they would have to stay? The Gold Coast has never been a RL hotbed and never will be. I guarantee if North Sydney do indeed take over the franchise, they will eventually move it Syd or Gosford. If they don't go ahead with the sale, the NRL will eventually wind up the organisation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Lozza
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.