Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if this is a planned retention/recruitment move by the broncos but has anyone noticed that there will be numerous players that play the same position off contract each year. For example, this year it seemed to be prop and halves: prop being ofa, McGuire (before he became a lock), ese and fai. Halves it was hunt, Milford, Marshall and Scarlett. Next year wing seems to be prominent: Oates, mead, Pearson and isaako (kind of). If is a new tactic it is a very smart one. It gives us leverage with players big time and allows us to weigh up the cost of a player leaving both immediately and in the long term. Also may explain some longer/shorter term deals (Oates for 1 year? Macca for 4 (no hooker depth)?)...

So he's another nobody who the internet thinks will be something?

No loss. They can have him.
once upon a time it was others who picked up the offcuts of our players, now it's us doing it to others, lol, something to cheer us up according to Chris Garry!

I don't know if this is a planned retention/recruitment move by the broncos but has anyone noticed that there will be numerous players that play the same position off contract each year. For example, this year it seemed to be prop and halves: prop being ofa, McGuire (before he became a lock), ese and fai. Halves it was hunt, Milford, Marshall and Scarlett. Next year wing seems to be prominent: Oates, mead, Pearson and isaako (kind of). If is a new tactic it is a very smart one. It gives us leverage with players big time and allows us to weigh up the cost of a player leaving both immediately and in the long term. Also may explain some longer/shorter term deals (Oates for 1 year? Macca for 4 (no hooker depth)?)...

I think it's more the fact that everyone was off-contract at the end of this year, and those wingers you mentioned for next year were simply signed on shorter contracts for various reason (eg, depth, unproven, potentially moving positions).

Wow that's huge if true. What happened?

And if that's true, that sucks because he is one of those huge changes that we need to make to this side.

He wanted to be the Under 20's coach and Bennett didn't have him, gave him a halves role and he went to Wynnum which was the best thing to happen to him. Won two comps and got the Roosters job as 20's coach.

So he's another nobody who the internet thinks will be something?

No loss. They can have him.

Absolutely. A pr*ck of a human being who has had plenty of dramas with the coppers in Canberra, Mackay and recently in Brisbane...

I know it’s a hypocritical position given my support for Lodge and Roberts in the past, but we can do without Mago.

Absolutely. A pr*ck of a human being who has had plenty of dramas with the coppers in Canberra, Mackay and recently in Brisbane...

I know it’s a hypocritical position given my support for Lodge and Roberts in the past, but we can do without Mago.

Was it you who witnessed one of his episodes?

It's different when you see it with your own eyes.

Sounds like we got him , im sorry to say.

He wanted to be the Under 20's coach and Bennett didn't have him, gave him a halves role and he went to Wynnum which was the best thing to happen to him. Won two comps and got the Roosters job as 20's coach.

Do you think there is any chance we could get him back in when Bennett calls it a day? More to the point, how likely is it we would actually try to do so?

Do you think there is any chance we could get him back in when Bennett calls it a day? More to the point, how likely is it we would actually try to do so?
Unless he is Paul White and/or on the Board I don't think he has much say.

Unless he is Paul White and/or on the Board I don't think he has much say.

Well obviously, but he does know quite a bit of what is happening behind the scenes, far more than me anyway.

Well obviously, but he does know quite a bit of what is happening behind the scenes, far more than me anyway.
Well didn't Bennett re-sign until end of 2019 recently? So i'd say nothing is really happening atm, and the obvious front runners would be JD and Walters. We have 2 years minimum of Bennett, and knowing Bennett, probably a bit longer than that unless he voluntarily moves upstairs (coaching director, not death lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • FACTHUNT
  • Foordy
  • Bish
  • Strop
  • Manofoneway
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • broncotville
  • Battler
  • Fitzy
  • dasherhalo
  • Swordfish
  • davidp
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.