Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well didn't Bennett re-sign until end of 2019 recently? So i'd say nothing is really happening atm, and the obvious front runners would be JD and Walters. We have 2 years minimum of Bennett, and knowing Bennett, probably a bit longer than that unless he voluntarily moves upstairs (coaching director, not death lol)

Yep I think you are right but no harm in asking right?

I'm also not in the support group for JD being head coach if what he dished up for our attack this year is anything to go by.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008

I'm also not in the support group for JD being head coach if what he dished up for our attack this year is anything to go by.
reality is outside of bellamy and green, are there any established coaches you'd trust? if not, might as well go with an unestablished one. could turn out like green or bellamy! could turn out like henjak too but there's no exact science.

T

T-rent

NYC Player
May 9, 2014

Didn't we have the second best attack in the comp?

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Was it you who witnessed one of his episodes?

It's different when you see it with your own eyes.
The one in Brisbane yes, but coincidentally a mate of mine came across him in Mackay.

I don’t have a high opinion of him obviously, but unless he changes his er, training practices shall we say, he won’t be long for the NRL anyway...

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Does it really matter how you score points? They all count the same.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Wayne Bennett says there is no chance of Todd Carney making an NRL return at Brisbane in 2018, and there never has been.
“We haven’t talked to Todd Carney or his management,” Bennett told foxsports.com.au.
“We haven’t talked about him and we won’t be talking about him in the future either. It’s just not going to happen.”
Carney is back in the country after being released by Super League outfit Salford, and if he were picked up by an NRL outfit, would still require clearance from the Integrity Unit.
Head office hasn’t had any approach yet from club land about the 2010 Dally M winner.
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a33b0fec4b86d7da1773d93e35eff90b

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'm sort of interested in seeing how Kodi goes with a full offseason in the halves. Pressure doesn't seem to get to him much. Hopefully he'll also have the motivation to work hard on his kicking game and organisational skills to go along with that confidence.

L

Lockysillegitimatechild

State of Origin Rep
Apr 10, 2015
I'm sort of interested in seeing how Kodi goes with a full offseason in the halves. Pressure doesn't seem to get to him much. Hopefully he'll also have the motivation to work hard on his kicking game and organisational skills to go along with that confidence.
People were understandably critical of Bennett for picking Marshall ahead of knik for the semis but he may have been trying to prevent another hunt situation (scarred in big match winning scenrios). Short term pain for longer term gain. He is a patient old bugger so wouldn't surprise me, gotta say though I wouldn't be a fan of it if that was his thinking (if you're good enough you're old enough)

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Do you think there is any chance we could get him back in when Bennett calls it a day? More to the point, how likely is it we would actually try to do so?

Always a chance, who would have thought that Hasler would leave Manly. Hell if you can coach the team you sued to a premiership then Green can do anything!

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Always a chance, who would have thought that Hasler would leave Manly. Hell if you can coach the team you sued to a premiership then Green can do anything!

I wonder how many people remember that story, 13 years between that and Green getting the gig - time heals all wounds.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Any truth to the rumour Brisbane are after Paul Bunn @Smokin' Joe @1910 ?

Last edited:

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Any truth to the rumour Brisbane are after Paul Bunn @Smokin' Joe @1910 ?

He had 14 years at Brisbane, and has been excellent at the Storm, 12 of their side on Sunday came to the Storm before they were 19 and that's a lot of his work.

I don't know if he'd ever come back, he's been at the Storm since 2011.

He's very good and was Cryril's 2IC for a long time and was the boss from until 11. He's a very good coach in his own right too, one of the great things that allow him to find talent. He worked at Redcliffe and the Crushers so he knew Brisbane very well and he's a teacher which helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Lozza
  • Spoon
  • Jedhead
  • Morkel
  • Manifesto
  • MrTickyMcG
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.