Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd probably sooner pay it to McCullough than McGuire. He was pretty average in WCC and I still think he doesn't get enough metres after contact for a front rower.

+1 agreed. McCullough is better for the team and much better leader far more disciplined.

The real question is why the hell is anyone trying to negotiate a contract when they have no idea what the cap is going to be next year.

The real question is why the hell is anyone trying to negotiate a contract when they have no idea what the cap is going to be next year.
you dont need to know what the cap is to get a good deal.

see: ben hunt

you dont need to know what the cap is to get a good deal.

see: ben hunt
Great for Ben hunt sure. But what about the clubs? How do they know how to split the cap?

Great for Ben hunt sure. But what about the clubs? How do they know how to split the cap?

Clubs are taking the risk. Could prove beneficial for us down the track with re-signing our players. Or it could prove deadly as the cap might go up a bucket load and the hunt deal might look pretty good and something we would have been prepared to match

Clubs are taking the risk. Could prove beneficial for us down the track with re-signing our players. Or it could prove deadly as the cap might go up a bucket load and the hunt deal might look pretty good and something we would have been prepared to match
Spot on. And how rediculous is that...

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...s/news-story/52fa154293ed9b6c42cb53067aed6f6f

BRISBANE is reportedly in the process of offering a massive deal to star fullback Darius Boyd which will likely see him finish his career at Red Hill.
Courier Mail reporter Peter Badel told NRL Tonight the Broncos and Boyd are in discussions over a possible four-year deal said to be worth $4 million.
“It’s early stages at the moment but Darius Boyd is keen to finish his career at the Broncos,” Badel said.
“He’s seeking, from what I understand, a $1 million deal per season, a four-year extension is what they’re discussing.
“The Broncos will look perhaps at a two-year deal with a two-year option.”
He would be 34 years old once that possible four-year contract expires in 2021.
Boyd is off contract this year but has a history of sticking by coach Wayne Bennett. Bennett made the veteran No. 1 captain of the club this year.
Boyd began his NRL career at the club in 2006 before following Bennett to St George Illawarra and then Newcastle, then returned to Brisbane in 2015.

I couldn't sign Boyd on a four year deal personally. He may be worth a mill depending on the cap rise.

I couldn't sign Boyd on a four year deal personally. He may be worth a mill depending on the cap rise.
He's in pretty good nick though, I could see him playing well until he's 34... The guy bleeds Broncos colours, good deal I reckon.

wow. That is a lot of money. I think they should wait and see how he performs first this year and as Captain. If he handles the pressure and actually leads the team by example than they should look at it but it's a bit premature to be talking those kind of figures.

Worth every cent.
Just like Hunt is? Or just like Peter Wallace was?

What is Brisbane is missing is players like John Plath, or Shaun Berrigan or Ian Lacey, not superstars by definition but they got the job done and were tough, and talented, probably Berrigan more so than the other two. But they were not on huge contracts because they "Might" be a superstar one-day, they were there because they were good enough to be there and did their job and were not modern day primadonna's but just good footballers.

And when was the last time you can think of the Broncos having a "Hard Man" in the forwards, I am not talking grubby players, but actual hard men that always bent the line backwards and were brutal in defence? Parker was a hard man and a great player but he was not brutal in defence, the names of semi-recent players that fit that bill that come to mind are Tallis, Webke, Carroll and Petero, that is what I think we are lacking.

Brisbane need 4 things to win the Premiership, two talented and tough halves and two hard men in the forwards that can bend the line back in attack and be brutal in defence. I think we lack that in our current squad.

Hopefully the QLD Cup has some players with these qualities coming through the ranks this year.

Lacey?

Are you serious?

You have to be taking the piss.

wow. That is a lot of money. I think they should wait and see how he performs first this year and as Captain. If he handles the pressure and actually leads the team by example than they should look at it but it's a bit premature to be talking those kind of figures.

What is Brisbane is missing is players like John Plath, or Shaun Berrigan or Ian Lacey, not superstars by definition but they got the job done and were tough, and talented, probably Berrigan more so than the other two. But they were not on huge contracts because they "Might" be a superstar one-day, they were there because they were good enough to be there and did their job and were not modern day primadonna's but just good footballers.

And when was the last time you can think of the Broncos having a "Hard Man" in the forwards, I am not talking grubby players, but actual hard men that always bent the line backwards and were brutal in defence? Parker was a hard man and a great player but he was not brutal in defence, the names of semi-recent players that fit that bill that come to mind are Tallis, Webke, Carroll and Petero, that is what I think we are lacking.

Brisbane need 4 things to win the Premiership, two talented and tough halves and two hard men in the forwards that can bend the line back in attack and be brutal in defence. I think we lack that in our current squad.

Hopefully the QLD Cup has some players with these qualities coming through the ranks this year.
Ian Lacey? Ummm. Few drinks tonight mate?

You want "tough " and" hard "guys yeah !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Rookie Alan
  • Browny
  • Aldo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fitzy
  • Jazza
  • Skathen
  • Jedhead
  • RolledOates
  • heartly87
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Lostboy
  • MrRobot
  • Manlyman
  • Stix
  • broncoscope
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.