Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
No option for next year so I think Kodi is the guy we look at. If he's not we go to market for 2019.

That would be the same Kodi who has just started coming back from a significant injury and has managed a few minutes only against Wynnum and hasn't been training to start as our halfback all off season? Yeah, what a recipe for success THAT sounds like... The same Benji who last year we saw dish up even worse than Hunt has since you say he has played like 'rubbish'.

Like most teams we don't have unlimited stocks in the halves and there is not an abundance of halfback talent just waiting to be signed by a team that have just lost their first choice, starting half...

This is the NRL not some bush league where it might be acceptable to throw the dishes out with the dishwater.

Ben Hunt is our halfback for the next season, like it or lump it.

All I've seen from people like you since Sunday is 'woe is us'. Apparently Hunt should be dropped. Milford is close to being dropped. Roberts should be dropped. Boyd was flat.

Bloody hell. What team are we actually going to be able to put on the park with all these ludicrous suggestions being thrown up?

Wayne will have them ready to go. We started on fire last year and ran out of puff. Maybe Wayne realises the slow burn is the better option for us this year and is scheduling things for that very purpose?

We weren't supposed to go to England this year. We only did it because every other team in the NRL refused. We had to change our plans for the sake of the game, when most other teams wouldn't even do it as part of their plan. So why does everyone really think that was the best we can do? Let's try and keep our sh*t together, at least until the season starts, shall we?

Last edited:
Former Queensland Origin great Billy Moore has hit out at the NRL’s player trade rules, saying it’s not fair for Broncos half Ben Hunt to remain in Brisbane while waiting for his big-money move to the Dragons next year.

Hunt signed a five-year, $6 million deal with the Red V and will move south for the 2018 season.
After a below-par performance in the World Club Challenge last weekend, pressure has ratcheted up on Hunt, with Moore saying the situation could hinder Brisbane’s title aspirations.
“The Hunt issue has the potential to derail the Broncos,” Moore said.
“There is no other sport I know of that allows players 12 months in advance to sign elsewhere but stay on at their current club.
“If Hunt remains there this year and Brisbane go on to win the comp, well you can say that’s fantastic, but what happens if midyear the Broncos aren’t quite where they should be and Hunt isn’t at his best? Brisbane fans will find it really hard to swallow.”
While Broncos coach Wayne Bennett hasn’t announced his succession plans, Moore said the veteran should start planning immediately.

“It’s not right that a player like Ben Hunt should be at a club with everyone knowing that he is going to leave in 12 months,” he said.
“I have no issue with Ben, he has won Gold Lotto with his Dragons deal, so good luck to him, but the Broncos have to move forward.
“The sooner they find his successor at No.7, the better.
“The Broncos should look to the future now. Once a player decides his future is not at a certain club, there should be scope in the game’s rules for the player to move on immediately.
“At some point, Brisbane have to find a replacement so they may as well start now. The longer they take to fill the void, the more uncertainty will linger around the club.”

Well except for the Big Bash, A League soccer, Super Rugby and so on, Billy...

So, yeah, close...

Last edited:
Foran to the Broncs? Badel has more in the CM tomorrow.

Foran to the Broncs? Badel has more in the CM tomorrow.
Never really considered Foran but now I think of it he could be a perfect fit for our team and Milford. His kicking game and passing game is strong and he made dce look ten times the player he really is when at manly! Definitely worthy of a discussion I think

Hunt has been given until round 10 to change his mind RE Dragons deal is the word on the street. I believe this coincides with Marys and Doust's chances of being oust as an internal deadline for a swing in performance. Don't be surprised if Wayne benches Hunt over the next few weeks once Benji is back also.

Hunt has been given until round 10 to change his mind RE Dragons deal is the word on the street. I believe this coincides with Marys and Doust's chances of being oust as an internal deadline for a swing in performance. Don't be surprised if Wayne benches Hunt over the next few weeks once Benji is back also.
Change his mind? Please elaborate.

Why would Bennett come out in the media and say Hunt will be the halback all year and then bench him a few weeks later?

He came out to the media to stop speculation, and benching him a few weeks later will just create an even bigger shitstorm.

I can't see how Hunt could change his mind about the Dragons deal when the NRL put measures in place to stop players from backflipping on deals.

Has until R10 to request a mid season transfer?

Or has a get out clause if coach gets sacked.

Or BS.

Has until R10 to request a mid season transfer?

Or has a get out clause if coach gets sacked.

Or BS.

Wayne is not about to keep players on board who aren't performing. He said what he said to make a clean slate and give Ben the opportunity to play well. This season is their best opportunity to win a premiership until the cap blows open, so having sailors on board who aren't towing the rope is a waste of time.

Clause with relation to clubs position and performance this season, and it is a both ways clause.

Clause with relation to clubs position and performance this season, and it is a both ways clause.

What does that even mean?

So you're claiming that in round 10 that if the Dragons are 1 win 9 losses that Ben Hunt can say "Nah you guys suck, I'm not coming next season."

Or alternatively the Dragons start the season off 9 wins 1 loss, they can just tear up Hunt's contract?..

If you're going to make something up, at least make it believable.

Wayne is not about to keep players on board who aren't performing. He said what he said to make a clean slate and give Ben the opportunity to play well. This season is their best opportunity to win a premiership until the cap blows open, so having sailors on board who aren't towing the rope is a waste of time.

So Wayne is still keen on hunt ?

This makes no sense. Do you have a close association with Danny O'dowd?

What does that even mean?

So you're claiming that in round 10 that if the Dragons are 1 win 9 losses that Ben Hunt can say "Nah you guys suck, I'm not coming next season."

Or alternatively the Dragons start the season off 9 wins 1 loss, they can just tear up Hunt's contract?..

If you're going to make something up, at least make it believable.

No need to spill the 4X. As with most high profile contracts, there's many in and out clauses. Should something at the club be not right that will affect his 3rd party or long term future, or vice versa they have initial open periods based on things happening or not happening. If dragons dont implode, nor does ben implode all should go through.

So Wayne is still keen on hunt ?

Yes, if he pulls his weight. A lot of issues last season were team moral/internal discipline related.

This makes no sense. Do you have a close association with Danny O'dowd?

No, it makes perfect sense.

No need to spill the 4X. As with most high profile contracts, there's many in and out clauses. Should something at the club be not right that will affect his 3rd party or long term future, or vice versa they have initial open periods based on things happening or not happening. If dragons dont implode, nor does ben implode all should go through.

Yes, if he pulls his weight. A lot of issues last season were team moral/internal discipline related.

No, it makes perfect sense.

So hunt was always in Wayne's plans for the future ? And why rd 10 ?

Fake news!

Upload 2017 3 1 7 7 26

Have a feeling it would be someone like Josh McGuire...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrslong
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • Locky24
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Manofoneway
  • Alec
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.