Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think josh McGuire not gone be in Broncos next year. Now Blair is already in Broncos books next year. Some young front row is coming through Broncos ranks. big Joe, Herman Ese'ese, George Fai, Jai Arrow, Sam Lavea, Keegan Hipgrav, Patrick Carrigan and don't forget Redcliffe dolphins player Matt lodge.

not one of them are anywhere near as good as McGuire (besides he is a backrower now), i'm not saying he won't leave but it would only be because of a ridiculous offer from a rival club. the Broncos will put a good offer to McGuire

not one of them are anywhere near as good as McGuire (besides he is a backrower now), i'm not saying he won't leave but it would only be because of a ridiculous offer from a rival club. the Broncos will put a good offer to McGuire
If you look to other club like cowboy and sharks. They need good establish front rows. If Matt Scott leave the cowboys end of this year. They will be after good replacement. Maguire will be perfect for them. Sharks are the other team who will look for front row after this year.

If you look to other club like cowboy and sharks. They need good establish front rows. If Matt Scott leave the cowboys end of this year. They will be after good replacement. Maguire will be perfect for them. Sharks are the other team who will look for front row after this year.

McGuire wants to play back row ... not front row

Where have these rumours of McGuire leaving been coming from? Apart from people like Daniel, this rumour isn't anywhere else.

Realistically, if you are chasing a premiership, and you are in Maguire's shoes, would you move to the Cowboys now?? If they lose Scott, with rumblings about Taumalolo leaving and knowing that Thurston has only next year, I would be seriously considering not going there. They could be about to enter a long re-building process.

Where have these rumours of McGuire leaving been coming from? Apart from people like Daniel, this rumour isn't anywhere else.

I don't believe there are any rumours; however when McGuire was last off contract he attracted a lot of attention sharks being one of those teams. If McGuire becomes an 80min lock throughout the year (which is a possibility) he could potentially be in line for the starting qld lock spot and would be again attracting a lot of interest.

I'd say the thought process is we won't be able to match a huge offer that may come his way and/or won't be interested in breaking the bank to keep McGuire therefore he may leave to chase the money

Yeah I also wouldn't be surprised to see McGuire go. Don't get me wrong, great player, love the way he plays and think he'll make a gun lock. But Gillet, Su'a and Oates are our back row priorities imo. I dont think McGuire will be worth as much as us to other clubs and he'll take the payday elsewhere. Also isn't Thaiday signed until the end of '19 or something?

I would be bitterly disappointed if we didn't try hard to re-sign McGuire. He is a big part of our team.

I would be bitterly disappointed if we didn't try hard to re-sign McGuire. He is a big part of our team.

Depends on whether he wants to follow his nose and chase the cheese...

Depends on whether he wants to follow his nose and chase the cheese...

He deserves to be paid and should be. We just paid a fortune for Gillett so I think McGuire should be looked after as equally. Im not talking 1 mill plus but 500-700k a year I could live with

I think Edrick is really a centre who is forced to play wing.

I think Edrick is really a centre who is forced to play wing.

He's not even that, he is just an another average footballer that got hyped up at a young age because he was faster than everyone.

O hell no for me about Edrick, he has a bit of speed that's it. If it was his brother Brenko it would be a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.