Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd prefer to give one of our younger players a go for the experience ... Baptise is nothing more than a plodder

You need a solid backup in the hooking position. Imo you need more then 2 options aswell, so no reason a youngster can't have a go either.

Back up hooker is hardly a priority. If need be, they can use a make shift person in that position such as Kodi, Moose, Sammy, Dargan, Scarlett etc. or they can use a rookie. No use wasting money on a plodder.

Seriously!! Hooker is an important position, most teams have at least 3 options.

Best and cheap don't belong in the same sentence though. If someone can acquit themselves as a starter, then why would he choose to be a backup to Macca, who is an 80 min man and like you said, isn't going anywhere? I do agree that maybe another journeyman like Waddell would be suitable for the role, someone who is unwanted elsewhere and someone who Bennett may take pity on and will give a lifeline for a year or two. That's the only type of player that you will get. Most modern players don't aspire to be second stringers and will search the globe for decent employment.

Baptise ?

Best and cheap don't belong in the same sentence though. If someone can acquit themselves as a starter, then why would he choose to be a backup to Macca, who is an 80 min man and like you said, isn't going anywhere? I do agree that maybe another journeyman like Waddell would be suitable for the role, someone who is unwanted elsewhere and someone who Bennett may take pity on and will give a lifeline for a year or two. That's the only type of player that you will get. Most modern players don't aspire to be second stringers and will search the globe for decent employment.
Acquitting themselves as a starter just means not screwing up. Waddell acquitted himself. Thaiday was capable of acquitting himself, but only for 20 minutes a game. I don't want the best and the cheapest option. I want the best of the cheapest options. I just think it's a matter of some importance that we only have 1 hooker on the books and he's only 'aiming' for a round 1 return from a serious injury. Even if McCullough was totally fit we should at least have 2, preferably 3 in the 30 man squad because you don't want to be in the position of playing a prop or reserve grade halfback at starting hooker every time Macca gets the flu or want to witness the birth of his kid or cops a 1 week suspension.

Plenty of youth options out there that WB and co. will be very aware of. I'm pretty sure it's not a big concern to them or they would have enquired on the services of old man Baptiste by now.

You're kidding yourself if you think Bennett isn't thinking about getting or having a backup.

You need a solid backup in the hooking position. Imo you need more then 2 options aswell, so no reason a youngster can't have a go either.

Baptise isn't a solid option ... if he was he wouldn't be out of contract with zero NRL clubs chasing his signature

You're kidding yourself if you think Bennett isn't thinking about getting or having a backup.
I didn't say he wasn't but he won't be losing sleep over it either because it won't be on top of his list of priorities. Who is this Baptise fellow you keep talking about?

I don't nearly watch enough 20s to commentate on this, but is the 20s hooker any good? Might he make the step up if something happened? If no, we absolutely need a depth hooker especially since Macca is coming off an ACL injury. Last year we had Waddell, Niko and when forced Hunt who all had the ability to play there. This year two of them are gone and Niko is moving to the halves so that leaves no viable backup options currently.

Smith left the Cowboys to go to Melbourne and play for the Storm/Falcons.

I didn't say he wasn't but he won't be losing sleep over it either because it won't be on top of his list of priorities. Who is this Baptise fellow you keep talking about?

Baptiste ! My apologies. I really think it is a priority , and i think we will sign one.

Wayde Egan is rumoured to be unhappy, maybe they will recruit him. Again, a backup hooker is the least of the Bronco's worries. Just on a side note, have you ever posted anything that isn't laced with a tinge of anger? You need to relax a bit. The Broncos will eventually score another premiership.
I don't mean to be rude, I'm a tradie it's how I speak haha! Don't take offense. Just your typical Aussie

I don't mean to be rude, I'm a tradie it's how I speak haha! Don't take offense. Just your typical Aussie
No offense taken, I was just wondering. Apart from that, you a very knowledgeable fan and I enjoy reading your posts.

No offense taken, I was just wondering. Apart from that, you a very knowledgeable fan and I enjoy reading your posts.
Everyone's got something to give this forum, we all share a common passion.

Just spoke to my neighbor, who as you all know is an ex-Bronco and he says the club is making a massive effort to get Pearcey here next year and he reckons that they have the inside running. But he has been wrong before but correct on many more occasions. But of all of a sudden, something I thought yesterday was no chance has now become 50/50.

Would be very happy with Pearce. He is exactly what we need to be genuine title contenders.

yeah i've said before i'd be down for pearce - he's pretty good club halfback, just sucks dick at origin level. works for me, don't lose him during origin and we have a decent kicker and game manager.

It would take a couple weeks for me to mentally adjust but I could definitely get around Pearce. He's the exact type of player our club needs to be tipped over the edge into top tier.

A backline of

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Bird
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Pearce

Would have to be one of the best on paper next year.

You would think that we have 'halfback' money available that we had reserved firstly to keep Hunt and then moved to trying to get back Ash Taylor. Seeing that both fell through that money should still be there.

The question is......how much is it.

I would also think the Storm will make a big play, they had a good go at Milf with Cronk's money so they obviously have the cash as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Foordy
  • Gympie devil
  • MrRobot
  • Mr Fourex
  • jd87
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • mystico
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Old Mate
  • Fatboy
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.