Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig Garvey has signed with the Raiders.

Not really big news, but that signals the end for Kurt Baptiste, surely we can scrape together $100k for him to replace Waddell.. He's probably be the best bench utility / back-up Hooker available for 2018, he's relatively young and he's an ex-Bronco.. Pretty much ticks all the boxes.

Not really big news, but that signals the end for Kurt Baptiste, surely we can scrape together $100k for him to replace Waddell.. He's probably be the best bench utility / back-up Hooker available for 2018, he's relatively young and he's an ex-Bronco.. Pretty much ticks all the boxes.

He's exactly what we need . Has good pace of the mark and is crafty aswell.

I'd prefer to give one of our younger players a go for the experience ... Baptise is nothing more than a plodder

I'd prefer to give one of our younger players a go for the experience ... Baptise is nothing more than a plodder

Oh yeah, all of those young hookers we have coming through the ranks, I can hardly keep track of them all.

We literally don't have another hooker in our top 30 apart from McCullough as it stands, we need to sign one, Baptiste is far from a plodder, no idea where you got that idea, he was one of the best impact players in the NRL in 2016, the only reason he had a quiet 2017 was because of a ruptured Achilles in pre-season, which as we know from experience, takes a full 12-18 months to fully recover from.

Oh yeah, all of those young hookers we have coming through the ranks, I can hardly keep track of them all.

We literally don't have another hooker in our top 30 apart from McCullough as it stands, we need to sign one, Baptiste is far from a plodder, no idea where you got that idea, he was one of the best impact players in the NRL in 2016, the only reason he had a quiet 2017 was because of a ruptured Achilles in pre-season, which as we know from experience, takes a full 12-18 months to fully recover from.
Back up hooker is hardly a priority. If need be, they can use a make shift person in that position such as Kodi, Moose, Sammy, Dargan, Scarlett etc. or they can use a rookie. No use wasting money on a plodder.

Isn't he like 80 years old now?

Back up hooker is hardly a priority. If need be, they can use a make shift person in that position such as Kodi, Moose, Sammy, Dargan, Scarlett etc. or they can use a rookie. No use wasting money on a plodder.

Wtf.

Why would you rather have Thaiday or McGuire as the backup hooker over someone who actually plays the position and plays it well?

Wtf.

Why would you rather have Thaiday or McGuire as the backup hooker over someone who actually plays the position and plays it well?

he doesn't play it well that's the point ... he has always been massively over-rated on here ...

and if we don't have a decent rookie hooker coming through, then we would be better off spending the 100k on a young up and coming hooker to play second fiddle to Macca, rather than an aging average (at best) hooker.

he doesn't play it well that's the point ... he has always been massively over-rated on here ...

and if we don't have a decent rookie hooker coming through, then we would be better off spending the 100k on a young up and coming hooker to play second fiddle to Macca, rather than an aging average (at best) hooker.
Like who?

Like who?
Plenty of youth options out there that WB and co. will be very aware of. I'm pretty sure it's not a big concern to them or they would have enquired on the services of old man Baptiste by now.

Plodder? What games do you watch. He would be a great depth signing.

Plenty of youth options out there that WB and co. will be very aware of. I'm pretty sure it's not a big concern to them or they would have enquired on the services of old man Baptiste by now.
He said who, answer the question. Or you just making things up as you go?

I'm legitimately curious as to who though. I've put forward my options for back up hooker in the past and there's not many available so I'm wondering who else is.

He said who, answer the question. Or you just making things up as you go?
Wayde Egan is rumoured to be unhappy, maybe they will recruit him. Again, a backup hooker is the least of the Bronco's worries. Just on a side note, have you ever posted anything that isn't laced with a tinge of anger? You need to relax a bit. The Broncos will eventually score another premiership.

Youth doesn't matter in this equation. This club is never selling, transferring or dropping McCullough. McCullough's still young enough that any up and comer will be looking elsewhere for an opportunity to play first grade, so developing any young 20 year old is just a waste of time. We just need the best, cheap option for next year that is capable of acquitting himself as a starting 9 next year.

Youth doesn't matter in this equation. This club is never selling, transferring or dropping McCullough. McCullough's still young enough that any up and comer will be looking elsewhere for an opportunity to play first grade, so developing any young 20 year old is just a waste of time. We just need the best, cheap option for next year that is capable of acquitting himself as a starting 9 next year.
Best and cheap don't belong in the same sentence though. If someone can acquit themselves as a starter, then why would he choose to be a backup to Macca, who is an 80 min man and like you said, isn't going anywhere? I do agree that maybe another journeyman like Waddell would be suitable for the role, someone who is unwanted elsewhere and someone who Bennett may take pity on and will give a lifeline for a year or two. That's the only type of player that you will get. Most modern players don't aspire to be second stringers and will search the globe for decent employment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Rambstien
  • simplythebest
  • Stix
  • Bish
  • Mr Fourex
  • Kev_Guz
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncsgoat
  • Fatboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Strop
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • winslow_wong
  • Porthoz
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.