Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sorry I can’t get on the Pearce train. Ben hunt was a bronco junior halfback with a good running game but went missing in big games. Mitchell Pearce is a rooster junior halfback with a good something (don’t know what) and goes missing in big games. Getting the exact same thing but if anything going backwards

Pearce is a better halfback than Hunt, no question about it. Hunt is in a different league when he runs, but he’s more suited to 5/8 or hooker. I’d take Pearce on 800k over Hunt on 1mil+ any day of the week.

I’m getting jolly at the thought of Milf playing off Pearce.

yeah i've said before i'd be down for pearce - he's pretty good club halfback, just sucks dick at origin level. works for me, don't lose him during origin and we have a decent kicker and game manager.

And we flick him when are junior's come through !

I can't get on the Pearce train either. Milf didn't take over when Benji was his halves partner how's he gonna go when Pearce is next to him over calling him all game.

He is used to calling the shots and didn't want to take a back seat to Cronk so up and left. Wherever he ends up he'll be calling the shots again and I sure as shit don't want it happening at Brisbane.

To think he'll come here just to kick the ball is ridiculous also one of his biggest flaws is being unable to perform in big games.... you know that little thing called game management.

Would be very happy with Pearce. He is exactly what we need to be genuine title contenders.

As much as I don't like him, he is exactly the sort of player we need.

There is also one added bonus if he does come. Roberts was obviously courted by other clubs but he chose to stay here. It would be nice to see his loyalty rewarded with something he has aimed for - Origin selection. I don't think he could personally do much more to be selected (he is already a better centre than any that NSW have picked), but IIRC Pearce is a right-side player and Milford is mostly on the left. Even if Pearce himself is overlooked for Origin, the selectors will always have an eye on him, and any combinations he drums up with Roberts will be like a big shining beacon. While I don't want to lose Roberts at Origin time, I think he deserves the reward.

Can someone please clear this up for me and confirm I'm on the right track, as I've seen some conflicting info recently regarding contracts.

If Pearce has requested and been granted a release by the Roosters, does that mean that he is free to negotiate a new contract with anyone, or are there still requirements that the new club take over some portion of the old contact, with the old club footing some of the bill as well, a'la Barba when he left and the broncs were stuck with part of the bill.

The difference in my mind, is that Barba was unwanted by us rather than him wanting out. Therefore in that scenario I can understand why the old club would be paying towards his future salary at another club.

If it is the case that Pearce is free to go with no strings attached and no requirement for a new club to take over an existing contract, then it makes sense that the broncs could make a play with a heavily back ended contract. We might not have much space left in 2018, but by all accounts we were making a play for Taylor in 2019, so would have some space left there. We wouldn't have been offering him peanuts, even if it wasn't at the level that the titans were throwing about.

Thanks...

Edited to correct the dates.

Last edited:
Can someone please clear this up for me and confirm I'm on the right track, as I've seen some conflicting info recently regarding contracts.

If Pearce has requested and been granted a release by the Roosters, does that mean that he is free to negotiate a new contract with anyone, or are there still requirements that the new club take over some portion of the old contact, with the old club footing some of the bill as well, a'la Barba when he left and the broncs were stuck with part of the bill.

The difference in my mind, is that Barba was unwanted by us rather than him wanting out. Therefore in that scenario I can understand why the old club would be paying towards his future salary at another club.

If it is the case that Pearce is free to go with no strings attached and no requirement for a new club to take over an existing contract, then it makes sense that the broncs could make a play with a heavily back ended contract. We might not have much space left in 2018, but by all accounts we were making a play for Taylor in 2019, so would have some space left there. We wouldn't have been offering him peanuts, even if it wasn't at the level that the titans were throwing about.

Thanks...

The Roosters never seem to foot the bill for discarded players, refer to the positive drug tests that conveniently popped up for Jniko when he was on the outer.

Thanks...

As per my previous saucy post, I don't think it matters whether the club or the player instigates the release. The player is entitled to that money, so if the new club won't pay the full value, the old club has to pay the difference.

In this case it would work in our favour. We wouldn't have to pay Pearce's full value, if we're smart we'll offer to pay, say, $300k - $400k of his salary, with the Roosters paying the rest. This would also be more attractive for the player than a back-ended contract as they'll still get their full 2018 wage.

I don't think there is any chance we are getting Pearce.

I can't get on the Pearce train either. Milf didn't take over when Benji was his halves partner how's he gonna go when Pearce is next to him over calling him all game.

He is used to calling the shots and didn't want to take a back seat to Cronk so up and left. Wherever he ends up he'll be calling the shots again and I sure as shit don't want it happening at Brisbane.

To think he'll come here just to kick the ball is ridiculous also one of his biggest flaws is being unable to perform in big games.... you know that little thing called game management.
Milf will never call the shots as the primary playmaker.

If he does we're all fucking screwed.

Sauce??? Obviously isn't the fancy mayo. He was spotted in Newcastle today checking out their facilities so he looks to be undecided atm.
His source is ReadingThePlay on Twitter. He called the Cronk to Roosters signing the same time everyone else did but stuck to it and claimed to be the most right when it eventually happened. Now he's saying Pearce to Manly is locked in at the same time almost everyone else is and will no doubt claim to be the most right if it does happen. He has literally claimed two of the easiest scoops ever.

Although a quick look at his page shows a good "things change bro" moment an hour ago. "Met with his manager this morning at Coogee. Sharks have made a massive late play, Eagles far stronger offer, Knights running 3rd. Verbal agreement to Eagles last weekend, but who knows, seems to mean little these days..."

Seriously he's all over the place. Two days ago he tweeted this, "My mail now is the nuts and bolts of the Pearce deal with Sea Eagles was all but done number of weeks ago... then formalised over weekend".
https://twitter.com/hashtag/NRL?src=hash
Then he claimed the deal would be announced yesterday and it wasn't. Following that he mocked other media outlets for saying "The bidding has started" and "Clubs lining up" and today has admitted that other clubs are speaking to him, leaving his options open if he is wrong. He's basically The Mole.

His source is ReadingThePlay on Twitter. He called the Cronk to Roosters signing the same time everyone else did but stuck to it and claimed to be the most right when it eventually happened. Now he's saying Pearce to Manly is locked in at the same time almost everyone else is and will no doubt claim to be the most right if it does happen. He has literally claimed two of the easiest scoops ever.

Although a quick look at his page shows a good "things change bro" moment an hour ago. "Met with his manager this morning at Coogee. Sharks have made a massive late play, Eagles far stronger offer, Knights running 3rd. Verbal agreement to Eagles last weekend, but who knows, seems to mean little these days..."

He called Cronk to the Roosters way before everyone else. Shown to be one of the most reliable sources for this stuff, although as you said it does seem to be more opened than he claimed before.

Seriously he's all over the place. Two days ago he tweeted this, "My mail now is the nuts and bolts of the Pearce deal with Sea Eagles was all but done number of weeks ago... then formalised over weekend".
Then he claimed the deal would be announced yesterday and it wasn't. Following that he mocked other media outlets for saying "The bidding has started" and "Clubs lining up" and today has admitted that other clubs are speaking to him, leaving his options open if he is wrong. He's basically The Mole.

Way better than the Mole, has never got it wrong before.

Mitchell Pearce will not be at the broncos next year. Kodi Nikorima, will be the halfback next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.