Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winning streaks can be deceptive in knowing how a side or players are actually traveling, entry into the 1988 NSWRL is a perfect example of that, Bennett even said that the loss against Balmain was just a matter of time. We weren't actually traveling that great in those 7 games(lucky escapes against the Titans and Souths come to mind), glaring attacking and defensive issues and too often guilty of letting the opposition back in the game, looking back at it that Eels effort it was always on the cards. Unlike the Titans outfit that didn't even bother to get off the bus a few weeks earlier, the Eels actually came to play and we got blown away in the very first set, seconds into the match and the bottom line is we really had no chance in the finals.
Yeah I agree. But he was having some very good moments after having to step up. With a now full preseason, I'm sure he'll have a good year.

Yeah I agree. But he was having some very good moments after having to step up. With a now full preseason, I'm sure he'll have a good year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he wasn't good that period in fact in a lot of ways I would say we would probably have been even worse without him there. The potential is there for him to develop into a good halfback and perhaps with a proper off season at least in his case it could happen, but there are areas to his game he will need to develop to really convince me his a long term prospect there.

I just don't see that period in 2017 as great as others because by and large it was giving a false indication of how we were actually traveling, sometimes a loss is actually more valuable then a win or a streak of wins, the game against melbourne in 2006 is a perfect example of that.

Last edited:
Kodi’s chances are mostly out of his own hands. He can have a stormer of an off-season and do everything right, but if our pack don’t pull their weight then it’ll all be for nothing.

Thats true enough. Though, its the same with 5/8 or hooker. A lot of people denigrate the players of a particular position, only to see them change clubs and blossom. Corey Norman, I guess could be put as an example (though I'm still glad he's gone). Ennis would be another (he was pretty good for us though too). At least our forward pack should perform a lot better this year. So thats one thing that might go kodi's way.

Thats true enough. Though, its the same with 5/8 or hooker.

A no.6 sure.......

A hooker? It's partly his fault if the forwards aren't going forward. In our case, McCullough's slowness is also a lot why Milford has no room to move.

hey guys could u check out my predicted lineup

David Mead is gone.

Edit: Never mind.. Saw the post where you mentioned you made this a while ago.

Although, I can't see Ofa being out of the 17.

Winning streaks can be deceptive in knowing how a side or players are actually traveling, entry into the 1988 NSWRL is a perfect example of that, Bennett even said that the loss against Balmain was just a matter of time, his team may have been winning, but the sides stats was showing glaring signs of concern.

We weren't actually traveling that great in those 7 games(lucky escapes against the Titans and Souths come to mind) in 2017, glaring attacking and defensive issues and too often guilty of letting the opposition back in the game. Looking back at it that Eels effort it was always on the cards. Unlike the Titans outfit that didn't even bother to get off the bus a few weeks earlier, the Eels actually came to play and we got blown away in the very first set, seconds into the match and the bottom line is we really had no chance in the finals.

As for Kevin Walters in 2015, this isn't 2015, we don't have Hodges and Parker both seasoned premiership campaign leaders for the side taking pressure off those ball running players, Milford hasn't shown any real improvement from 2015 as a playmaker and Kodi's future as a halfback is still undetermined. We also have a disruptive off-season ahead with injuries to key players which won't help the cause. Kevin Walters can help, but he can't make miracles occur.

We don’t have to play the GF in round 1 though... We have time to sort those injuries and to get the team gelling together...

-Kodi runs slowly out onto the field
-Jayden Points
-Kodi from behind
-Kodi and Jayden from behind
-Kodi pointing whilst Jayden looks on
-Kodi patting Jayden on the back
-Jayden side stepping through reserve grade Titans team replayed
-Jayden stepping through Titans again
-Kodi stepping through Cowboys to score
-Jayden side stepping through Titans again
-Jayden falling over the try line against that same Titans team (He really doesn't like them does he)
-Kodi scoring against the Cowboys
-Jayden scoring against the Titans again
-Kodi linebreak
-Kodi try against the Titans
-Jayden kicking from a tee
-Jayden catch and pass inside ball for Kodi to score
-Kodi sidestepping the Titans (They both don't like them I suppose)
-Kodi intercept try against the Eels
-Jayden catch and pass inside ball to Jordan Drew I think, who does all the work and offloads to Kodi who runs 30m to score
-Jayden warming up
-Jayden passes to Kodi who sets up his winger to score
-Jayden try saver tackle
-Jayden passes to a forward to score
-Kodi intercepts to run 80m to score a try
-Both Kodi and Jayden pass the ball to each other to set up another forwards try

If you take out the non-gameplay scenes and credit the Nikorima who didn't just pass the ball as soon as he got it you have Kodi leading at 11 scenes to 10. Sure, I exaggerated but Kodi's scenes were by far the more entertaining ones

-Kodi runs slowly out onto the field
-Jayden Points
-Kodi from behind
-Kodi and Jayden from behind
-Kodi pointing whilst Jayden looks on
-Kodi patting Jayden on the back
-Jayden side stepping through reserve grade Titans team replayed
-Jayden stepping through Titans again
-Kodi stepping through Cowboys to score
-Jayden side stepping through Titans again
-Jayden falling over the try line against that same Titans team (He really doesn't like them does he)
-Kodi scoring against the Cowboys
-Jayden scoring against the Titans again
-Kodi linebreak
-Kodi try against the Titans
-Jayden kicking from a tee
-Jayden catch and pass inside ball for Kodi to score
-Kodi sidestepping the Titans (They both don't like them I suppose)
-Kodi intercept try against the Eels
-Jayden catch and pass inside ball to Jordan Drew I think, who does all the work and offloads to Kodi who runs 30m to score
-Jayden warming up
-Jayden passes to Kodi who sets up his winger to score
-Jayden try saver tackle
-Jayden passes to a forward to score
-Kodi intercepts to run 80m to score a try
-Both Kodi and Jayden pass the ball to each other to set up another forwards try

If you take out the non-gameplay scenes and credit the Nikorima who didn't just pass the ball as soon as he got it you have Kodi leading at 11 scenes to 10. Sure, I exaggerated but Kodi's scenes were by far the more entertaining ones
No

1305a7cf0cba96b5fffccf40f8be5aa2

NRL Transfer Centre: Broncos land back-up

January 12, 2018

Finally, Brisbane have handed former Dragons playmaker Shaun Nona a lifeline.

After leaving St George Illawarra mid-way through last season, the 27-year-old has joined the Broncos on a 12 month deal.

Having previously spent time in the Melbourne system, the five-eighth is yet to make his NRL debut but been touted as a player with a wealth of potential.

Joining Wynnum Manly late last year after winning the State Championship with Illawarra a year earlier, Nona has spent the pre-season with the Broncos but will play in the Intrust Super Cup in 2018.

Source: Foxsports.com.au

I think that was already pretty much confirmed, but regardless -

I don't really see a need for him. If Milf or Kodi go down injured, we need to be trying a halfback, not a 5/8th.

Nona has bounced around every where. Should have just grabbed an ISC half for cover.

Michael Dobson has joined Wynnum Manly too. Delouise Hoter is there too. They're going to have a real weird team to watch this season

I always rated Michael Dobson. I seem to recall him having a very good short kicking game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Organix
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.