Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would take Locky's help on ANYTHING in life. I would guess the whole turning down Locky's help publicly wasn't all his own doing.

To be fair he did have one kicking session with Lockyer in 2015 early in the season, but chose not to continue because he felt he could learn more from the senior players around him including Hunt. Bennett nor anyone on the coaching staff would have stood in his way from having more sessions with him. Not when he stood to benefit from it.

People talk about how great it is for having Walters back in the coaching ranks and I think it is too. But how much they will benefit from that is determined by how much they put into it, having him back won't make Milford that much better if he doesn't have the hunger to improve.

Milford will be great this year, a lot more mature. And now the no1 playmaker he can steer the ship. Don't compare Milford or any young half in the game at the moment to Lockyer.. lockyer is a one in billion type player, like MJ was for Bulls like Brady is for the Patriots there will never be another Lockyer. But I do think Milford can lead us to multiple premierships if he has the players around him to do so.

Me, hopefully Milford though.

That's what I meant, locky would be willing to help but who at the broncos is man enough to just ask for some help.

Milford will be great this year, a lot more mature. And now the no1 playmaker he can steer the ship. Don't compare Milford or any young half in the game at the moment to Lockyer.. lockyer is a one in billion type player, like MJ was for Bulls like Brady is for the Patriots there will never be another Lockyer. But I do think Milford can lead us to multiple premierships if he has the players around him to do so.
You forgot Gretzky and Willie Mays.

Milf might be really good in the future, but unfortunately I can't see him matching Lockyer or Thurston at all.

To be fair he did have one kicking session with Lockyer in 2015 early in the season, but chose not to continue because he felt he could learn more from the senior players around him including Hunt. Bennett nor anyone on the coaching staff would have stood in his way from having more sessions with him. Not when he stood to benefit from it.

People talk about how great it is for having Walters back in the coaching ranks and I think it is too. But how much they will benefit from that is determined by how much they put into it, having him back won't make Milford that much better if he doesn't have the hunger to improve.

If there is one thing Milford has, it’s hunger...

If there is one thing Milford has, it’s hunger...
Judging from recent photos, I think bird has surely taken over weight-based jokes. Hope it's just a pre-loading thing for when he can get into the cardio more after the shoulder surgery

When it comes to chucking tantrums Milford is just following in the captains footsteps.

Will he be in contention for GOAT when all is said and done? I don't know, but I think he can be one of the greats, no doubt. He was already better than Thurston in '15, no reason he can't be in '18.

When it comes to chucking tantrums Milford is just following in the captains footsteps.

Milford was doing it well before Boyd ... he was coached by Ricky after all

Will he be in contention for GOAT when all is said and done? I don't know, but I think he can be one of the greats, no doubt. He was already better than Thurston in '15, no reason he can't be in '18.
Not the goat. But he can elevate for sure

No chance being in contention for goat imo, though his 2015 season initially looked as if he could reach those heights. Would need to have consecutive seasons of those before even initial discussion seems reasonable.

Possible, but extremely unlikely.

JT had won a Dally M by Milfords age, and had played about half as many total NRL games.

Yep Dally M is not the be all and end all of a player's status. Matt Orford won one for crying out loud.

JT was also unfairly awarded Milf's CC. Has Thurston ever kicked a winning field goal on his wrong foot to win a game like Milf did against Souths? If he did we would still be hearing about it to this day but because Milford did it all we hear about is how it was a "knock on" and Souths should have won. The potential for Milf to be the GOAT is there if he can get back to his '15 form.

JT was also unfairly awarded Milf's CC. Has Thurston ever kicked a winning field goal on his wrong foot to win a game like Milf did against Souths? If he did we would still be hearing about it to this day but because Milford did it all we hear about is how it was a "knock on" and Souths should have won. The potential for Milf to be the GOAT is there if he can get back to his '15 form.

Not to mention, by dropping it, he did a double drop + kick on the wrong foot, I mean that's absolute gold. Milf '15 was like Hayne in '09. He was on another level to everyone else. I reckon the fact the team is now his, he will go up to something near that level again, particularly given he has returned to training in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Allo
  • dasherhalo
  • johnny plath
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Brotherdu
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • HarryAllan7
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • winslow_wong
  • Manifesto
  • Harry Sack
  • Spoon
  • Battler
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.