Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trent Hodkinson has been released by Cronulla. It looks like Manly are going to snap him up.

Broncos recruitment again asleep at the wheel. He'd be great for our team.
If anyone's asleep it's you. He's already signed with Manly and they've already taken pictures in the jersey and everything. He's even been named in their team this week.

Brisbane made a request but Cronulla said they'd only allow it if they were able to smash Hodkinson's shoulder with some bricks first.

Hodkinson had a quick physical & blood test when he got to Manly yesterday arvo, turns out he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and has a month to live, it was originally diagnosed by the Cronulla doctors as a thigh cork.

If anyone's asleep it's you. He's already signed with Manly and they've already taken pictures in the jersey and everything. He's even been named in their team this week.

Read the article. It was said they had an agreement that if he found a multi year deal somewhere else (not necessarily Manly) he'd be free to go.

He's been at Cronulla all year - the same amount of time we've had a halfback problem.

Read the article. It was said they had an agreement that if he found a multi year deal somewhere else (not necessarily Manly) he'd be free to go.

He's been at Cronulla all year - the same amount of time we've had a halfback problem.

if you also been paying attention on here it has been mentioned many times that he doesn't want to leave Sydney...

and how do you know that the recruitment guys or Bennett didn't make contact with his manager only to be told the same thing...

I'm sure Bennett wouldn't hold a press conference just to say that since our halves are shit, we made enquiries about Hodkinson, but he rejected us ...

i'm sure many people on here would like a press conference like that, but it is never going to happen.

Titans buying up a storm !! At least that keeps them away from our players.

Hodkinson had a quick physical & blood test when he got to Manly yesterday arvo, turns out he has stage 4 pancreatic cancer and has a month to live, it was originally diagnosed by the Cronulla doctors as a thigh cork.

Images

Trent Hodkinson has been released by Cronulla. It looks like Manly are going to snap him up.

Broncos recruitment again asleep at the wheel. He'd be great for our team.

Sure, if he wanted to leave home. Which he doesn't.

I think it's a bit unfair to criticize the recruitment team for this one. Hodkinson was no chance of coming to the Broncos.

If there is one half in the past year the recruitment team should possibly be criticized for passing on, it's Blake Green. But then again, he signed with the Warriors not long after Taylor signed with the Titans so we would have been pretty focused on trying to snare Taylor.

This is so bad but fucking fantastic at the same time haha

Sure, if he wanted to leave home. Which he doesn't.

I think it's a bit unfair to criticize the recruitment team for this one. Hodkinson was no chance of coming to the Broncos.

If there is one half in the past year the recruitment team should possibly be criticized for passing on, it's Blake Green. But then again, he signed with the Warriors not long after Taylor signed with the Titans so we would have been pretty focused on trying to snare Taylor.

Yeah for sure. I didn't know about him not wanting to leave Sydney. I only went back the last 5 pages or so here - this isn't a thread I follow regularly.

I didn't see a link to an actual comment from the man himself. There was no mention of it in the article i read earlier today either.

Still, Sydney or no Sydney - being a halfback for the Brisbane Broncos must surely give one pause or not.

No one cares about playing for the Broncos anymore it’s not a super club it use to be. Players won’t come and players won’t stay just to be a Bronco. All players are worried about is the$ now and getting a premiership with who ever. We can’t keep playing the trump card of Bennett and Broncos anymore. We need to really buckle down and use our local 3 party deals to our advantage and really control our club like the likes of Rooster, Cowboys and storm.

No one cares about playing for the Broncos anymore it’s not a super club it use to be. Players won’t come and players won’t stay just to be a Bronco. All players are worried about is the$ now and getting a premiership with who ever. We can’t keep playing the trump card of Bennett and Broncos anymore. We need to really buckle down and use our local 3 party deals to our advantage and really control our club like the likes of Rooster, Cowboys and storm.

200.gif

1521435627567_53e0704196a6bed0ec8f2ff1beefeaae.jpeg

I think he is more an exception to the rule lately. I really hope he stands by it and conitnues, but I feel his Loyalty to the broncos is more aligned with how far he has developed as a player since moving here. Good on him if he does stay at the rumoured reduced rate, love to see that sort of loyalty. Although, I feel the comment made was more in connection to the fact that previously players would leave their club to come to the Broncos, where as now, more often than not, people leave our club to go somewher else. To say we have anywhere near the power / stigma that we did in the 90s / 2000s would be extremely ignorant.

How about some re signings or signings !!! Instead of just dribble please

Ironically, the two blokes in that picture in Broncos shirts have actually not chased the money to play with us.

Big difference for us now is we just dont have the amount of star players to attract others to play here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • whykickamoocow
  • Johnny92
  • RolledOates
  • Midean
  • broncos4life
  • Rambstien
  • Robboi_321
  • Astro
  • jarro65
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • marw
  • winslow_wong
  • Ronald
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • mrslong
  • Sproj
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.