Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I wouldn't have tought Glenn would be on much, but then maybe he's trying to get his last payday before he retires to help set himself up a bit. In which case I wouldn't blame him.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah it’d suck to lose both of those guys. I can see Kahu hurting us if he gets a regular run at fullback somewhere.

Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

QCup Player
Jun 5, 2013
I wouldn't have tought Glenn would be on much, but then maybe he's trying to get his last payday before he retires to help set himself up a bit. In which case I wouldn't blame him.
I wish we weren't losing Glenn, but once we re-signed Su'a the writing was on the wall. There's only room for 3 edge backrowers in the 17 and moving forward that's likely to be Gillett, Su'a and Fifita with TPJ filling in when injury strikes.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
DjBQ22WU8AAgU1t.jpg:large

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Where do they come? Fan forums. Then the media idiots pick them up as scoops which are then scooped by other idiots and suddenly it becomes a thing.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Glenn is a good bloke, but there's no way he starts next year, and I'd rather have Carrigan or another young bloke on the bench. Kahu is class on the wing, but is disposable if it means keeping Oates.

Edit: we have to fit Staggs on the bench with Offa, Fifita, and Haas, so there you go.

Last edited:
PerthBrissy987

PerthBrissy987

NRL Player
Dec 8, 2016
Does anyone think we will be able to hang onto offa when he comes off contract aswell ?

He might leave for a starting spot

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
"The Broncos are still in the hunt to sign Queensland Reds and Wallabies star Izaia Perese for next season.
A speedy 21-year-old outside back, Perese shapes as the man to replace Corey Oates, who seems destined to leave the club.
Perese is contracted to the Australian Rugby Union for next season and they have tried to shut down talk of a code switch recently.
But Perese - who played his schoolboy footy alongside Knights sensation Kalyn Ponga at Brisbane’s Anglican Church Grammar School - wants to move to the Broncos… and the ARU could have an unhappy player on their hands next season.
They may demand a fee from the Broncos to break the contract - but I’m hearing the rich Broncos will happily pay to get their hands on the youngster."

http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...-salary-cap/6vjm3cs5o25i128pi7pwd1b78/slide/1

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
How many Yawnion backs are actually good? Especially Australian oned?

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
How many Yawnion backs are actually good? Especially Australian oned?

1. Israel Folau
2. Semi Radradra
3. Eto Nabuli
4. Curtis Rona
5. Marika Koroibete

Some good backs the NRL has lost

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
**** ... i hate when the news i hear comes from Badel ... always makes me worry

Joel Gould has said it as well and TPJ has said he isn’t going anywhere, so for once I think we can accept Badel’s...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think Glenn & Kahu moving on is in our best interest. The roster spots and cap space will both be invaluable moving forward. It should allow us to retain Oates & TPJ long-term.

1. Isaako / Boyd
2. Oates
3. Roberts
4. Bird
5. Boyd / Isaako
6. Milford
7. Nikorima / O'Sullivan / Anyone
8. Lodge
9. McCullough
10. Pangai Jr
11. Su'A
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Staggs
15. Ofahengaue
16. Haas
17. Fifita

Easy premiership.

Last edited:
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
roster spots and cap space

that's the thing people don't seem to understand ...

we still have to replace them in the 30 man squad and since they are not on big contracts we don't actually save that much to spend on other players ... the only thing that does is erode our depth.

of course thats assuming they even agree to move on, which since they have contracts we can't force them to

Easy premiership.

and no premiership is easy

Last edited:
BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Someone is going to throw the bank at TPJ, I just know it.. and why wouldn't they, he's the kind of player who can win you a game on his own

Not buying this unwritten agreement that he's not going anywhere, some club will throw the sink at him

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Someone is going to throw the bank at TPJ, I just know it.. and why wouldn't they, he's the kind of player who can win you a game on his own

Not buying this unwritten agreement that he's not going anywhere, some club will throw the sink at him

You think the Broncs aren’t aware of his ability? I suspect we have plenty of cash ready to go for him...

The delay in signing isn’t him considering other offers, it’s him waiting for his current management deal to expire.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
that's the thing people don't seem to understand ...

we still have to replace them in the 30 man squad and since they are not on big contracts we don't actually save that much to spend on other players ... the only thing that does is erode our depth.

of course thats assuming they even agree to move on, which since they have contracts we can't force them to

and no premiership is easy

I know you're upset, but it's time to face facts. Kahu is the biggest weak spot in the team right now, wherever he plays, the injuries have taken too much toll, he's well past his prime now.

Also, you're wrong, they'd both be on $400-$500K a season, replacing them in the top 30 with cheapies would do wonders for our chances of retaining guys like Oates & TPJ.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I know you're upset, but it's time to face facts. Kahu is the biggest weak spot in the team right now, wherever he plays, the injuries have taken too much toll, he's well past his prime now.

Also, you're wrong, they'd both be on $400-$500K a season, replacing them in the top 30 with cheapies would do wonders for our chances of retaining guys like Oates & TPJ.

the only thing that helps us retain Oates is moving him to the backrow:

so who do we lose: McGuire, Su'A, TPJ, Gillett or Fifita

I do thank god every day that you have nothing to do with recruitment, retention or team selections

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013

He's going to be better than taumololo in 12-18 months time - if not sooner..

We wont be letting him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrRobot
  • Jazza
  • Strop
  • Galah
  • bb_gun
  • Lurker
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.