Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd let McGuire go. He's one of our highest paid forwards and to be honest, has probably the least impact. His lack of eyesight in one eye has seen him make a lot of errors of late.
I know I hate it when we have the current QLD and Australian lock playing lock for us!

I know I hate it when we have the current QLD and Australian lock playing lock for us!

Not sure if he'll be the AUS lock for long.. Jake Trbojevic, Jack De Belin, Jai Arrow, Josh Papalii.. All playing well. Mal Meninga loves a big pack too. (Hence why Shannon Boyd was chosen)

Last edited:

Member when we had the current Aus and QLD fullback playing for us and he was the best in the world?

12 months is a long time. I think Moose's time at lock is just about up, time for a more versatile option.

Member when we had the current Aus and QLD fullback playing for us and he was the best in the world?

12 months is a long time. I think Moose's time at lock is just about up, time for a more versatile option.

I can see Tevita grabbing that lock position and McGuire morphing into Jacob Lillyman 2.0. Solid prop option.

My original comment is in response to releasing McGuire.

With that in mind, you’re supporting that statement because it’s possible his form might drop like it did with Boyd (which was mostly due to back-to-back long term injuries)?!?

Wow.

People may criticise McGuire for a lot of things, but consistency is not one of them. There is a bees dick between his best and worst games, he always turns up and always delivers.

My original comment is in response to releasing McGuire.

With that in mind, you’re supporting that statement because it’s possible his form might drop like it did with Boyd (which was mostly due to back-to-back long term injuries)?!?

Wow.

People may criticise McGuire for a lot of things, but consistency is not one of them. There is a bees dick between his best and worst games, he always turns up and always delivers.

I'm not supporting that statement, I am supporting moving him from lock. I still want him at the Broncos. My response was more to do with the fact that I don't think it's relevant that he's the QLD/Aus lock - and I agree with @upthebroncs that he won't be the Aus lock for too much longer, and I think Arrow will be the QLD lock next year.

First Glenn, now Moose. You have to laugh. Are we going to get rid of any forward over 23?

I know, it’s hilarious! Let’s release the current Qld and Australian lock so we can put a rookie into the side!

Sounds like a winning formula!

I know, it’s hilarious! Let’s release the current Qld and Australian lock so we can put a rookie into the side!

Sounds like a winning formula!

I don't mind if we try somebody else at lock, but to say get rid of him isn't smart.

I just want Tevita to play lock every week so he can aim to be the best lock in the game. ( Better than Taumalolo )

Last edited:
I feel like McGuire has been a bit down this year compared to before. Could be a bit overshadowed by a rising pack, whereas he was the main man last year. Still a damn good middle forward, seems to have an infinite motor (though can get lazy laterally in defence)

With Gillett signed for another 4 years I can see our pack looking like this long term.

8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas

McGuire should be first picked as starting prop hands down. He loves that shit. For qld, Aus and the Broncos. But he's no lock... I'm hoping Wayne's just leaving him there to build TPJ's motor a bit more... might be the reason to only sign for 2 years, he's hopefully going to be our 13 for the next 10 years after.

I don’t get the fascination with TPJ at lock. No doubt he could be great there and has shown as much.

But for mine, I’d prefer to have him running on an edge at the Maloneys of the NRL and inside a James Roberts rather than being a middle forward.

I just think he can be far more damaging in that role than lock. If we had a Tedesco at fullback, his offloads at 13 could be lethal, but we don’t.

Last edited:
Ben "Radrada will be a Bronco in 2019" Dobbin just said Oates is poised to resgin.

**** me who are we gonna let go? Hahah surely glenn and kahu?

With Gillett signed for another 4 years I can see our pack looking like this long term.

8. Joe Ofahengaue
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Jaydn Su'a
12. Matt Gillett
13. Tevita Pangai Junior
17. Payne Haas

There will be world war 3 to fight for offa's signature when his contract expires. Believe you me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • Lozza
  • Broncorob
  • BroncoFan94
  • Hurrijo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.