Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to blood in our youth halves - Tana Boyd Corey Paix and even Sean O'sullivan. The first two have so much hype, Boyd is a constant rep player QLD and Australia (good game managment kicking and running game). Has a great combination with Fifita dating to Keebra Park SHS.

It is not like we have been delaying out of stubbornness ...

Not sure about Paix, but Boyd literally only became eligible with a few weeks left in the season ...

And in such a crucial position, I wouldn't be promoting them from Colts to NRL without first seeing how they handle ISC

Broncos will have a team to be reckoned with for the next 5yrs with the youth in our forward pack and halves.
If they stick around.. TPJ, Fafita, Oates, Offa all off contract or coming off contract in the next year. We need to lock the kids down and we will be a real threat.. can't get too ahead of ourselves.
Also, nothing will eventuate if we continue with the halves.

Seriously, these players need to stop sucking on Wayne's tit and harden the hell up! Are they grown men most of them or what. They've had it too easy for too long and grown comfortable, as has Wayne I think. The softness in the players attitudes and state of mind has led to their soft performances out on the field.

Fire the **** up lads and live in the real world. You don't always get what you want.
Clearly this post was not written by the usual poster under this nom de plume, it actually seems to comply with the guidelines of the English language! How many people are writing? Two if I had to guess.

Clearly this post was not written by the usual poster under this nom de plume, it actually seems to comply with the guidelines of the English language! How many people are writing? Two if I had to guess.

Continue on and you will discover the truth.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/09/19/captains-call-foster-and-cullen/

Not sure why more clubs don't just look to the Queensland Cup for cheap talent. The guys who play without an NRL contract clearly love the sport and work hard without expecting things.

Some clubs tend to buy players based largely on their inflated reputation as an "NRL player"...

Storm are the most successful club because they buy talent before their price is inflated through publicity.

Jahrome Hughes, Curtis Scott, Cameron Munster, Suliasi Vunivalu, Ryley Jacks, Scott Drinkwater, Joe Stimson

Those players may not be from Melbourne, but they make their NRL debuts at Melbourne, and that's how loyalty to the club is formed at a discount

Last edited:
https://www.qrl.com.au/news/20182/09/19/captains-call-foster-and-cullen/

Not sure why more clubs don't just look to the Queensland Cup for cheap talent. The guys who play without an NRL contract clearly love the sport and work hard without expecting things.

Some clubs tend to buy players based largely on their inflated reputation as an "NRL player"...

Storm are the most successful club because they buy talent before their price is inflated through publicity.

Jahrome Hughes, Curtis Scott, Cameron Munster, Suliasi Vunivalu, Ryley Jacks, Scott Drinkwater, Joe Stimson

Those players may not be from Melbourne, but they make their NRL debuts at Melbourne, and that's how loyalty to the club is formed at a discount

Hughes made his NRL debut at the Titans. And also played NRL for NQ.

To be fair Curtis Scott was a highly rated junior at the sharks. I think he was captain of their NYC team before he left.

Tom Dearden Peter Sterling Medal- Palm Beach won the National School Boy championships 20-12 today over Patrician Brothers.

Last two medal winners before Tom were Fifita and Haas.

Broncos need to bite the bullet and throw either Tanah or SOS in the team. Look at the cowboys throwing Jake Clifford in there and even Cleary at 18yrs old.

Clifford is two years older than Boyd, has played 16 ISC games compared to two and is a lot further along in his development. Boyd didn't even play half in one of those two ISC games.

Has anyone ever questioned whether Milford is going to be a Bronco for life?

Would we ever consider moving him on for these young kids? Or is he the face of the club? The new Lockyer?

Would we ever consider moving him on for these young kids? Or is he the face of the club? The new Lockyer?

Broncos made the choice to build the team around him and with his massive contract he won’t be going anywhere.

Broncos made the choice to build the team around him and with his massive contract he won’t be going anywhere.

I'm fine with this, its the gamble that we took on Taylor coming back that has screwed us in the halves department, we ignored all the halves that came available and got burned.

I don't think he'll ever be near Lockyer's level at least.

I don't think he'll ever be near Lockyer's level at least.

Agreed that he won't get near Lockyer status.. Which is why I posed the question. Wonder if he'll be getting a pay rise or pay cut after this current contract.

I think Milford's season this year is criminally underrated. So many people forget he had to basically do everything himself. I'd love to see one of Dreardon/Boyd/Paix turn themselves into a number 9.

But I do wonder if the other pieces to correctly compliment Milf will ever be found.

I think the Broncs need to look at bringing through a side all together.

I'd be looking at the key pieces and building around that:

1. KNik/Roberts
6. Milford
7. Dreardon/Paix/Boyd
9. Paix/Boyd/Dreardon

14. Paix/Boyd/Dreardon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Battler
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Dazza 92
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncsNBundy
  • lynx000
  • Big Del
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Footy Fanatic
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.