Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Ikin (on NRL 360) claimed that we can't win a premiership with Dearden, Milford, SOS, Segeyaro, Macca, Turpin etc.

he said if we are going to be premiers we need to go outside that group and buy a playmaker

Last edited:
Ben Ikin (on NRL 360) claimed that we can't win a premiership with Dearden, Milford, SOS, Segeyaro, Macca, Turpin etc.

he said if we are going to be premiers we need to go outside that group and buy a playmaker

Who does he suggest and with what money...

Who does he suggest and with what money...

Ikin doesn’t deal in solutions or suggestions, just whinging. His only real suggestion was Brodie Croft which is stupid.

It’s a stupid comment anyway because we have no idea how good Dearden can be yet and so far the small amount we have seen looks very promising.

The truth of this is though that his comments and ones similar from others are just a calculated campaign to try and ensure we don’t retain Fifita.

I did have to laugh on 360 though when Kent is ranting and ranting about why would the Broncos sign Lodge and TPJ before him and how stupid we are for doing that (something that he has been saying for weeks) and Hooper has to try and explain to him that they were off contract next year and Fifita is off contract in 2021. Honestly Paul, if you are less informed than James Hooper as a journalist you have real issues.

Ikin doesn’t deal in solutions or suggestions, just whinging. His only real suggestion was Brodie Croft which is stupid.

It’s a stupid comment anyway because we have no idea how good Dearden can be yet and so far the small amount we have seen looks very promising.

The truth of this is though that his comments and ones similar from others are just a calculated campaign to try and ensure we don’t retain Fifita.

also Ikin's comments and Tallis ferarri analogy are all just plain BS anyway.

with the forward pack that we have been able to put together, not every player in the spine needs to be Darren Lockyer.

in our spine we have all the qualities we need be serious contenders for the title, especially when playing behind the pack we have.

1. Milford - decent kicker of the ball, strong runner, has some ball playing ability from his time in the halves. genuine threat and x-factor

6. SOS/Bird - strong runners of the footy, offer some ball playing

7. Dearden - to me looks like your genuine half. doesn't try to over play his hand, has the ability to lead the team around the field. good passing and kicking.

9. Turpin - quick out of dummy half, tough defender and a competitor

once they get some more experience and some time together (i mean this year we have used something like 15 different halves combinations, which doesn't give anyone time to gel) we will see just how good this footy team can be ...

The future's so bright, I gotta wear shades 😎

Were we not a bees dick away from a premiership with a 22 year old milf at 6 and McCullough at 9?

Our forward pack is already better now than it was in 15, I shudder to think what it’ll be like in 21/22

Were we not a bees dick away from a premiership with a 22 year old milf at 6 and McCullough at 9?

Our forward pack is already better now than it was in 15, I shudder to think what it’ll be like in 21/22

We also had Hodges and nikorima covering macca’s ass from dummy half. When Macca took over from 2016 everything started crumbling.

Fuk yeh...Bronco for life....love it..!!!! Go IPSWICH..!!!
[automerge]1567033130[/automerge]
had a dream last night...

I could hear Ray Warrens voice in the background;

"Heres the Broncos lineup for the 2023 GF as they look to defend their title..

8. Matt Lodge
9. Jake Turpin
10.Payne Haas
11. David Fifita
12. Tevita Pangai Junior
.........:drool:

Last edited:
I don’t understand the media and their constant bashing on us going to market for a half.
Currently on the books we have Milf, Boyd, SoS, Dearden and Paix who can all play in the halves.
Boyd, as we all know shouldn’t be there.
Dearden is the half that the club has gone all in on, and is hoping he is the man that can steer this team around. The media seem to blatantly either forget this, or, have absolutely no faith that Dearden can be a decent half.
He has played what, 4 or so games this year? The kid is 18, and been injured twice. How hard is it for them to get through their thick little brains that he will be our ‘controlling’ half moving forward.
From what I’ve seen, the kid is a massive talent, and very level headed. You have to remember when he was playing for us, he had just turned 18.
He also steered us around the park to beat the roosters..
He doesn’t have to be a Cronk, Lockyer or Thurston. If he can be half of any of those players, he will steer this team extremely well and will be a x10000 better then what our halves are currently fishing up.
Not to mention there is no half coming onto the market that would warrant us going all in for.
Hopefully he gets a good pre season and is ready come round 1 next year. I think he will go alright, just like all the other young fellas have done for us in this team.

Last edited:
I don’t understand the media and their constant bashing on us going to market for a half.
Currently on the books we have Milf, Boyd, SoS, Dearden and Paix who can all play in the halves.
Boyd, as we all know shouldn’t be there.
Dearden is the half that the club has gone all in on, and is hoping he is the man that can steer this team around. The media seem to blatantly either forget this, or, have absolutely no faith that Dearden can be a decent half.
He has played what, 4 or so games this year? The kid is 18, and been injured twice. How hard is it for them to get through their thick little brains that he will be our ‘controlling’ half moving forward.
From what I’ve seen, the kid is a massive talent, and very level headed. You have to remember when he was playing for us, he had just turned 18.
He also steered us around the park to beat the roosters..
He doesn’t have to be a Cronk, Lockyer or Thurston. If he can be half of any of those players, he will steer this team extremely well and will be a x10000 better then what our halves are currently fishing up.
Not to mention there is no half coming onto the market that would warrant us going all in for.
Hopefully he gets a good pre season and is ready come round 1 next year. I think he will go alright, just like all the other young fellas have done for us in this team.
I reckon Seibs has given young Tommy a reassurance that the 7 is his and he wants him to spend the time between now and round 1 next year in the gym getting his body ready for a full season in the halves.

If I was Seibs I'd be trying to arrange some one on one sessions with the likes of Thurston or Locky. I'm not too keen on him being exposed to any of the Johns brothers as some of their character flaws are completely unhelpful to an impressionable teenager.

I don’t understand the media and their constant bashing on us...
You need to look at it a different way. Their objective is not to provide rigorous and in depth analysis, it's to get clicks and eyeballs. There are an awful lot of spanners out there who hate the Broncos, and so the media latch on to any fig leaf which justifies yet another whinge session about how good the club has it or opportunity to talk about how we've gotten it wrong yet again.

You need to look at it a different way. Their objective is not to provide rigorous and in depth analysis, it's to get clicks and eyeballs. There are an awful lot of spanners out there who hate the Broncos, and so the media latch on to any fig leaf which justifies yet another whinge session about how good the club has it or opportunity to talk about how we've gotten it wrong yet again.
I agree.
There is no doubt we are the most hated club in rugby league. It use to be Manly, but I think we have taken over in the last couple of years..
Living in NSW, it is very evident the hatred that the Broncos see.
The media and league fans in general are having an absolute field day with the Darius situation.
Just this morning I read some headline whilst flicking through FB, which looked like a Darius article saying teams fear playing the Broncos. I didn't even bother having a look.
clicccccccck baaaaaait 101

Last edited:

Do people even watch our foward pack in defence? We are a big, mobile, and young foward pack with a damaging yet inconsistent attack. However our defence in the middle can be fairly lacklustre at times. We have the making of an incredible foward pack, but we are not there yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.