Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people even watch our foward pack in defence? We are a big, mobile, and young foward pack with a damaging yet inconsistent attack. However our defence in the middle can be fairly lacklustre at times. We have the making of an incredible foward pack, but we are not there yet.

Well we had Sam Thaiday and Adam Blair starting in the front row for the GF. Haas is better than them combined.

Well we had Sam Thaiday and Adam Blair starting in the front row for the GF. Haas is better than them combined.

That is true. But our 2015 pack helped guide us to a GF, not sure if our current pack could achieve that with our current defence.

Were we not a bees dick away from a premiership with a 22 year old milf at 6 and McCullough at 9?

Our forward pack is already better now than it was in 15, I shudder to think what it’ll be like in 21/22

No its not
Stop basing things off potential. Our 15 forward pack would roll over us today

No its not
Stop basing things off potential. Our 15 forward pack would roll over us today

I potentially saw Payne Haas run 200+ on Friday night for about the 10th time this year. Not to mention the meters lodge made. Not sure I’ve ever seen that from either of the front rowers in 15. Gillett is still there and we have Fifita who is way more damaging than levy was in 15. Parker gets the nod over our origin rep Ofa and Tpj.

I’m giving the win to 2019

I potentially saw Payne Haas run 200+ on Friday night for about the 10th time this year. Not to mention the meters lodge made. Not sure I’ve ever seen that from either of the front rowers in 15. Gillett is still there and we have Fifita who is way more damaging than levy was in 15. Parker gets the nod over our origin rep Ofa and Tpj.

I’m giving the win to 2019

And yet they have given up how many floggings this year? That 15 forward pack was tough. And the bench was solid as ****. Our bench this year has looked ugly as ****. Also had the 3rd best defence in the comp. We have already given up 90 more points this year than the 15 side as we still have two games to go (and they played an extra one that year too). That 15 pack is extremely underrated even when you take out the fact we were missing McGuire for half the year and he was an international at the time too.

The defensive efforts of the 2015 pack make it pretty competitive.
Still, the main difference between 2015 and 2019 is the spine. Milford before he was ruined, Hunt before he was ruined, Boyd before he was ruined...

Blair
Thaiday
Parker
Gillett
McGuire
Glenn
Wallace
Joe O

All of them in decent form. That’s a great pack.

Would you swap any of them for Haas lodge or Fifita?

Would you swap any of them for Haas lodge or Fifita?

If I had to win 1 season of football next year with no care about the future of the club, and all the 2015 players were their 2015 age and from than yes.

I would chose 2015 Parker, McGuire, Gillett, and Thaiday over TPJ Lodge Haas and Fifita.

The younger guys have huge potential but aren’t as complete as those 4 were in 2015.

Last edited:
It's more complicated than 'current pack makes more metres ergo they're better'. Defensively they're not a patch on that 2015 side. Brisbane were the masters of first contact that season and were fantastic at snuffing out opportunities. On the flip-side, Blair, Thaiday and Parker's mobility suited the halves up-tempo style of play and so many opportunities were created on the back of their offloads or quick play the balls.

The current mob are stronger runners, but they lack the technique, mobility and balance of the 2015 side. The Broncos have almost gone in the opposite direction, from a smaller pack to a colossal pack which isn't as effective, especially now in the 8 player interchange era.

I’ve said plenty of positive things this year, it just hasn’t matched the narrative of Wayne leaving us as a basket case.
Oh i know, i am not having a go, i just remember one thread when someone had said that you never said anything positive which as you have demonstrated in your post, is incorrect.

I reckon Seibs has given young Tommy a reassurance that the 7 is his and he wants him to spend the time between now and round 1 next year in the gym getting his body ready for a full season in the halves.

If I was Seibs I'd be trying to arrange some one on one sessions with the likes of Thurston or Locky. I'm not too keen on him being exposed to any of the Johns brothers as some of their character flaws are completely unhelpful to an impressionable teenager.
I keep saying, Cooper Cronk, put him on retainer.

Blair
Thaiday
Parker
Gillett
McGuire
Glenn
Wallace
Joe O

All of them in decent form. That’s a great pack.

It’s crazy that joe O has been around for that long now but still hasn’t locked down a run on spot. He did make origin this year but he seems to have plateaued?

If I had to win 1 season of football next year with no care about the future of the club, and all the 2015 players were their 2015 age and from than yes.

I would chose 2015 Parker, McGuire, Gillett, and Thaiday over TPJ Lodge Haas and Fifita.

The younger guys have huge potential but aren’t as complete as those 4 were in 2015.

Ok thats fine. I personally don't think those four would be able to contain our current guys, and they don't have the running game to trouble them either.

Ok thats fine. I personally don't think those four would be able to contain our current guys, and they don't have the running game to trouble them either.

Their experience, defence, ball playing, quick play the balls, offloads, and line running put them in front for me. They were a small mobile pack that defended well above their weight class. I’m sure it won’t be long until our current squad outplay those guy’s 2015 form but I don’t think they are there yet. They’re not as well rounded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Astro
  • Griffo
  • Galah
  • MrMoore
  • bazza
  • Financeguy
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Kev_Guz
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Bish
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Brocko
  • Wild Horse
  • Aldo
  • mitch222
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.