Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s crazy that joe O has been around for that long now but still hasn’t locked down a run on spot. He did make origin this year but he seems to have plateaued?

I think Joffa is what he is by now.....high floor low ceiling middle forward, but.....1 that all successful clubs actually require...

As soon as we re-sign Joe O, the Titans tell Jai Arrow he's free to look at other deals lol

What the hell, Arrow was the Tits shining light

As soon as we re-sign Joe O, the Titans tell Jai Arrow he's free to look at other deals lol
Doesn't matter ... We would never be able to afford arrow anyway ... He'd be asking a hell of a lot more than offa

BRONCS TARGETED JIMMY
THE Broncos have been hammered for their lack of a big-name, premiership-winning playmaker but the club is keeping a close eye on the open market. The club recently made informal inquiries about the prospect of signing Penrith veteran James Maloney. But the NSW Origin pivot made it clear he wanted a longer-term deal. Brisbane believed Maloney, at 33, could help mentor 18-year-old halfback Tom Dearden for 12 months, but they were never going to compete with a rich three-year offer from French Super League club Catalans.

Interesting

TITAN ON THE UP
PROMISING Titans utility back Jesse Arthars is going places in the NRL if his attitude counts for anything. The 21-year-old joined the Titans from Souths this season and left a lasting impression on Rabbitohs enforcer Sam Burgess. Arthars would bring a notebook to training and ask questions of Souths’ leading players, jotting down any notes that could improve him as a footballer. Burgess admired Arthars’ dedication. The Auckland-born young gun will join the Broncos next season and is considered a possible fullback option if Anthony Milford returns to the halves.
Matt Lodge is looking for an extra edge. Photo: AAP Image/Dan Peled
Matt Lodge is looking for an extra edge. Photo: AAP Image/Dan Peled
LODGE BOXING CLEVER
MATT Lodge’s
improved fitness this season is no fluke. The Broncos prop is regularly punching out 60-minute stints in the engine room and it can be traced to his secret passion — boxing training.
Lodge is putting in the extras, donning the gloves at the Corporate Box Gym at Lutwyche, the very place where Quade Cooper was put through his paces as he dabbled in boxing during his career with the Wallabies.
Blindside would love to see Lodge jump in the ring with Paul Gallen for an NRL heavyweight battle royale but the Broncos prop insists he has no grand plans.
“I just enjoy it,” he said. “Boxing helps my footwork with conditioning and a bit of cardio without running on my legs. I’m doing it to help my footy. It helps my legs move a bit quicker, I’m not as blessed as Payne (Haas, front-row teammate). Maybe ‘Payno’ can give me a yard of speed.”
Herbie Farnworth has impressed at North Devil's.
Herbie Farnworth has impressed at North Devil's.
POMMY PACEMAN AT RED HILL
MUCH is made of Canberra’s Englishmen Josh Hodgson, Elliott Whitehead and John Bateman, but NRL clubs should keep an eye on English sensation Herbie Farnworth.
The 19-year-old made his NRL debut in the Baby Broncos’ famous defeat of the Sharks in July and is close to smashing Norths Devils’ tryscoring record in the Intrust Super Cup.
The Devils’ record for most tries in a season stands at 21, set by Derek Fletcher in 2004. But Farnworth is closing in, having scored 19 tries from just 15 games this season. He has also kicked 58 goals for a season tally so far of 192 points.
A former Manchester United scholarship holder as a 10-year-old, Farnworth has scored six tries in the past fortnight, including four in a 62-14 drubbing of Northern Pride.
Brisbane’s GPS data showed Farnworth was faster than former centre James “The Jet’’ Roberts on a measurement of metres per second. The teenager is regularly seen doing extras at Red Hill on his days off. Good judges believe it is only a matter of time before the tall winger or fullback becomes a star in the NRL.
Jack Bird is finally back at training. Photo: AAP Image/Jono Searle
Jack Bird is finally back at training. Photo: AAP Image/Jono Searle
BIRD TO FLY SOON
GOOD news for Jack Bird. The luckless Broncos utility began running this week as he makes the long road back from a knee reconstruction. But soon the pressure will be on for Bird to deliver bang for his big bucks. The former NSW Origin star’s contract with the Broncos is worth $900,000 next season, making him the second highest-paid player at the club behind $1 million man Anthony Milford. Bird has played just 17 games in two seasons due to shoulder, sternum and knee injuries and the Broncos need him to fire next season to justify their huge investment and lead Brisbane back into premiership contention.

Fillers from the same article

Bird on $900k next season?
If true that's shit

No one knows what he's on ... The media have stated figures ranging from 750k all the way to $1 million+
Yeah but it's been mentioned it goes up in his last two years, so even if it is $700k + it's still not worth it.

Brent Read reporting Api K to Penrith now ... Dogs need a hooker, Macca would suit their style perfectly

Damn, if anyone was desperate to get McCullough, I thought it could have been Penrith. Dunno if he's still their first choice at the moment, but Sione Katoa almost made Macca actually look like Cam Smith in comparison.

Api deal official now fwiw
(til 2022)

as well we should; due diligence on a potential target is what recruitment should be doing....if he wanted 3 years from us then i absolutely agree the club shouldn't be interested...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Financeguy
  • Rambstien
  • Maroon4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • mitch222
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Fatboy
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncomax
  • Sproj
  • mrslong
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Matheos
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Santa
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.